• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Android x86

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Didn't found it anywhere in Modaco so this is a heads-up. I'm not in the development crew, I'm just an enthousiast.

http://www.android-x86.org/

This is a project to port Android open source project to x86 platform, formerly known as "patch hosting for android x86 support". The original plan is to host different patches for android x86 support from open source community. A few months after we created the project, we found out that we could do much more than just hosting patches. So we decide to fork our code base that will provide android x86 support on different x86 platforms, and set up a git server to host it. To reflect this major change, we create this new project.

Tried it, it works flawlesly on my Asus EEE 901!! I installed in on an HP Pavillion. It even recognises the card reader/wifi/bluetooth/ethernet/camera! AMAZING!

Last Stable (1.6)

Last Eclair

Program to make a bootable USB:

UnetBootin

LiLi

Or you can create a VirtualBox Machine (Like i did. Instructions in their site)

Cheers

post-535466-1267840231_thumb.pngpost-535466-1267840373_thumb.pngpost-535466-1267840444_thumb.png

Posted · Report post

Gonna trie it on my Eee 701 4G next Weekend. i had a look at this a couple times ago, but there was no stable biuld, good think that they did it.

on your Eee, "how fast" was the Eclair port?

Posted · Report post

Gonna trie it on my Eee 701 4G next Weekend. i had a look at this a couple times ago, but there was no stable biuld, good think that they did it.

on your Eee, "how fast" was the Eclair port?

well it was "not for everyday use" workable