Finally got the HD2... now which ROM?

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

I am now the proud owner of the HTC HD2. <_<

Then straightaway, downloaded the latest ROM from the HTC website to upgrade it to the latest version which is:

OS version: 5.2.21869 (21869.5.0.82)

Manila version: 2.5.19211619.0

ROM version: 1.66.405.2 (766641) WWE

ROM date: 01/11/10

Radio Version: 2.06.51.07

RUU_Leo_HTC_WWE_1.66.405.2_Radio_Signed_15.30.50.07U_2.06.51.07_Ship.exe

Now I am in the lookout for a custom ROM where it will offer me better speed more free memory and less bloat (but keeping all of the usual HTC software).

I've had a look around and as always, overwhelmed with lots of different ROMs out there.

So... I come here to find out what customed ROM do you use and why did you pick it?

Thanks! :mellow:

I am now the proud owner of the HTC HD2. <_<

Then straightaway, downloaded the latest ROM from the HTC website to upgrade it to the latest version which is:

OS version: 5.2.21869 (21869.5.0.82)

Manila version: 2.5.19211619.0

ROM version: 1.66.405.2 (766641) WWE

ROM date: 01/11/10

Radio Version: 2.06.51.07

RUU_Leo_HTC_WWE_1.66.405.2_Radio_Signed_15.30.50.07U_2.06.51.07_Ship.exe

Now I am in the lookout for a custom ROM where it will offer me better speed more free memory and less bloat (but keeping all of the usual HTC software).

I've had a look around and as always, overwhelmed with lots of different ROMs out there.

So... I come here to find out what customed ROM do you use and why did you pick it?

Thanks! :mellow:

Stick with the HTC roms mate. Nothing else is very stable. My biggest regret is upgrading to a cooked rom, the phone just cant handle it.

If you want daily crashes, loss of data, insecurity over texts you send actually being sent, or anything being recieved, then install a cooked rom.

Guest tsutton

Thanks. I would have thought it would be stable by now, considering the HD2 has been out for a while.

Guess I'll stick with the HTC ROM for now until the cooked ROM improves.

Cheers.

Guest rameses
Thanks. I would have thought it would be stable by now, considering the HD2 has been out for a while.

Guess I'll stick with the HTC ROM for now until the cooked ROM improves.

Cheers.

I've looked at a few on the XDA site, but as I've never had any problems with the stock ROM, I've not bothered changing it.

The cooked rom that appears on this forum a few threads down on the main list (6.5.3) hasnt had any updates from that initual release by the user.

Good effort, but just isnt stable enough to be a permanent feature of the phone. Try it, have some fun, then expect to have to go back again.

Guest andybarker

I would always suggest Dutty's ROMs for most people. He tends to take the stock HTC ROMs, update the various apps to the latest stable version (Opera, .NET, Google Maps, etc), and leave pretty much everything else alone.

Used them on a variety of devices over the years very happily.

I've just got a HD2 on T-Mobile UK (only a week), and waiting for a copy of the ROM as a backup before delving into the cooked ROMs.

Guest tsutton

Thanks. I did look at Dutty's ROM and it does look good.

As soon as I've finished playing with all of the settings and documenting what software I need on my HD2, I'll wipe it off and start with a different ROM and go from there.

Cheers. <_<

Guest krumbsd

Got my HD2 two months back. Have tried out seven different custom ROMs, and multiple updates within each ROM. In all, I am sure I have flashed ROMs at least 20 times on my HD2.

Here is my take. It is totally worth it. You get speed bumps, extra tweaks and generally a more optimised phone. And with things like Tom's Autoinstall script, you don't have to bother with installing your apps all over again.

Yes, the downside is that you still need to manually enter your email/ facebook/ twitter logins.

So what about stability issues? Does it make the phone 'crashy'? Yes and no.

The first few days were highly frustrating for me. No matter which ROM i tried, it made the phone highly unstable. Erractic crashes that required a hard reset to recover from, phone going to sleep mode and never waking up (again, a hard reset), calls coming in but not showing up on the screen...

Like the earlier poster on this thread, i ended up with a very low opinion about these ROM 'cookers' and started wondering why they had such huge fan following.

i was about to go back to stock ROM, when i stumbled across this thead on MTTY (check it on xda forums). And that was a turning point! NOT ONE crash after using mtty.

basically, everytime you change the ROM, traces of the earlier ROM are left behind, which messes up with the newer ROM. THAT is what makes the phone unstable - not the new cooked ROM or bad coding. mtty basically wipes out all traces of the earlier ROM and so the new install is totally 'fresh' - a clean slate.

My suggestion to you is to try out a few ROMs, but be sure to use mtty before each install. If you don't like the cooked ROM scene, you can always go back to stock.

I have become a big fan of OzROM. Of course, you might like other ROMs better. Only way to find out is to play around with them and decide for yourself. Also, do check out Dutty and Artemis.

All the best... and remember to mtty!

Guest Maxwell Newton

Thats really interesting, would explain why poeple get different problems after a fresh install!

Thanks ver much for the info.

• 8 months later...
Guest Dalkava
Thats really interesting, would explain why poeple get different problems after a fresh install!

Thanks ver much for the info.

Hi people, please help me:

I have HTC HD2, when it is called it makes no sound (sound and volume settings are all fine) and also does not display the calling number. I suspect there’s an issue with radio-ROM software compatibility, I’m trying to flash a new radio but can I know the compatibility matrices for the rom/RADIO. Here’s the software information:

OS Version – 5.2.7000 (7000.7.0.4)

Manilla version – 2.5.19211619.0

ROM version – 7.00.700.3 (77003) WWE

ROM date – 01/11/10

Radio version – 2.07.50.27_2

Protocol version – 15.33.50.07U

I tried flashing with CustomRUU but was always getting an update error (262 I think) which would always lead to recovery. Has this ROM 7.00.700.3 (77003) WWE been used anywhere? I got the phone from China.

Please somebody help me bcoz I can’t use the phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Revhead

Another vote for OzROM here.

Only recently acquired my HD2 (previously an Omnia i900).

Loving the extra real estate and the questions it attracts from other mobile users.

Tried the latest official WWE ROM, then started installing progs - nearly ran out of space.

Then I installed OzROM and haven't looked back.

Couldn't get MMS to work with the official ROM - it worked out of the box with OzROM.

Also have heaps of space left for more progams.

Had problems initially with my battery, but this seems to have been resolved by updating to Radio 2.15.50.14.

I should also mention I am a big fan of Spb Mobile Shell and have installed this together with mskip's

MSkip Windows Phone 7 Theme.

All looks and functions now like WP7.

I'm happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest aldaweb

Another Dutty user, been using it with no problems for a while now, needs HSPL 2.08 for 576MB RAM, not 3.03 and task 29 before and hard reset after to avoid probs, not forgetting to backup

• 4 weeks later...
Guest andrew.mazlim

I'm a happy owner of a T-Mobile (USA) HD2 Leo!

The phone (used) came with a super fast/stable ANDROID rom, but... if I wonna have an Android phone, I would... buy one!

I'm a strong TouchFlo3D supporter (that's why I made my i900... "HD2", as far as that could be possible).

So, I want to FLASH (my first time in HD2; I'm "veteran" in Omnia) a good/fast/stable/not so "heavy" (with many apps) WinMo6.5.x rom with TouchFlo3D; also, I wonna be able to have Android in SD card and a Dual Boot prompt in the welcome screen.

Can you tell me if THESE roms here are what I'm looking for?

And... how can I flash these HD2 roms in Win7?

(I don't wonna change to my other XP partition, because I have there the Omnia's utilities for flashing and I fear I'll mess-up everything!)

Can you guide me up, please?