[ROM] Sinan's I8000 JF5 WM6.1 UltraLite Rom [Discontinued]

Guest sinancetinkaya

Guest kmp56
Hi, Sinan!

* You can change the pagepool version of my rom by using wes58's romtool v3.0

I can`t changepool. This rom not change pagepool value.

+1

..."Created File C:\i8000kitchen\Finished ROM\pdaNew.nb0"... but still PP4MB... :P

Guest sinancetinkaya

I'm not the developer of his tool, please report in his topic. Wes is a very kind person, I believe that he'll check it

Guest willis111

Could you post an 12meg page pool :P ? I'm having trouble with wes' tool as well. Perhaps he will fix it in his next build.

Guest wittanny
And it's the end of the road...

I tested and I realized that, unfortunately, this mix of wm6.1 MS kernel and wm6.5 native kernel causes this synchronization issue. There are two options for us (and for me). We can choose either to stay with wm6.1, speed and free ram or wm6.5 and more stable activesync synchronization, opengl etc.

What do you think ?

If this cannot be resolved, I'll live with it though.

Thanks

Guest johnchua55

you can always use bluetooth active sync w/c works just fine ..... but i have a habit of charging my phone thru my laptops usb.

Guest sinancetinkaya

Wes58 has published his romtool v3.0.1 and the pagepool changing issue is fixed (tested by me)

11/05/10 Version 3.0.1 Small bug fixed. Replace romTool.exe from the archive

- A bug fixed in 'Dump' tab (thanks twu2 for finding it). Page Pool value was not changed when changing page pool of existing .nb0 file that had page pool already patched.

Thanks again to wes58 for his great romtool

Guest drorcun

sinan i tested your samsung today-widget cab but dont work.. can you please check it or upload a new version please.. or where can i find a working samsung today cab, anybody knows? any suggestion please?

Guest johnchua55

great work sinan !!!

i don't know how to make cabs ..... but i tested JE1 rom and the touchplayer and Samsung SMS-MMS apps were really great .... i'd love to see that combined with this ROM.

Guest sinancetinkaya
great work sinan !!!

i don't know how to make cabs ..... but i tested JE1 rom and the touchplayer and Samsung SMS-MMS apps were really great .... i'd love to see that combined with this ROM.

you can use CeCabManager

Guest johnchua55

i just realized there was nothing wrong with the SMS cab you provided ....... it's only missing the chat bubbles .... what you happen to know what file/s that would be ?

Guest johnchua55

found the missing icons for the sms-mms ..... problem solved ;)

my only problem now is .... samsung photopicker doesn't work. ....... solved :) .... the IJ1 photoalbum cab has problem with photopicker .... JD4 photoalbum cab works perfectly.

Edited by johnchua55

Guest shigileeni
I didn't flash the phone part and any CSC ever. Look at the picture

Here is my advice for you, once flash rom without any CSC and choose "Erase CSC" in octan's option

Hi Sinan,

I tried with JD1 phone part & without CSC... still the same problem. (I am using your 6.1 JD4 8mb ROM)

But I fix the problem of the disappearing indicator icons now... I found the problem comes when installing DJ1 or DJ4 dialer however with IJ1 dialer the problem is solved ;)

But have two problems now:

1) Beaming files through bluetooth using "Photo Album" not working... (keeps "searching..." - it was working fine using default "File Manger" but after trying using "Photo Album" once, bluetooth keeps "searching..." now with both "File Manger" & "Photo Album")

2) As I am using IJ1 dialer. I have IJ1 incoming call interface which I like it but the "Send & Ignore" dose not work as there is no text to select :D I guess it was working with your IJ1 based ROM

Note: still my phone signal disconnected from time to time very strange :)

Guest sinancetinkaya
Hi Sinan,

I tried with JD1 phone part & without CSC... still the same problem. (I am using your 6.1 JD4 8mb ROM)

But I fix the problem of the disappearing indicator icons now... I found the problem comes when installing DJ1 or DJ4 dialer however with IJ1 dialer the problem is solved ;)

But have two problems now:

1) Beaming files through bluetooth using "Photo Album" not working... (keeps "searching..." - it was working fine using default "File Manger" but after trying using "Photo Album" once, bluetooth keeps "searching..." now with both "File Manger" & "Photo Album")

2) As I am using IJ1 dialer. I have IJ1 incoming call interface which I like it but the "Send & Ignore" dose not work as there is no text to select :D I guess it was working with your IJ1 based ROM

Note: still my phone signal disconnected from time to time very strange :)

My latest rom isn't JD4 8mb rom and I didn't tell anyone "flash JD1 phone part without CSC". I just said if you have problem with csc, choose erase CSC and flash my rom again.

1)

4608028255_d1f580eb38_t.jpg4608028781_e0371a7980_t.jpg4608029119_f63e6e6422_t.jpg4608029629_eab50cc4ce_t.jpg4608029985_415f9566af_t.jpg4608030361_7d06aec0e6_t.jpg4608638992_a831ea9a0f_t.jpg

2) I told you all not to use IJ1 cabs with JD4 OEM based rom

Guest johnchua55

check your PC's bluetooth settings .... maybe it's hidden .... there's a settings usually on being "discoverable" to all devices.

Guest shigileeni
Wes58 has published his romtool v3.0.1 and the pagepool changing issue is fixed (tested by me)

Thanks again to wes58 for his great romtool

Hi Sinan,

I tried wes58 tool, but it just generate nb file format "tmpOs.nb.New" & bin file format "tmpXip.bin" in the "_Template" folder & no nb0 file is generated, I've checked his PDF Guide he mentioned that the new ROM will be created in "Finished ROM" folder but I can't find that folder. since you tested can you please help cause I am using SPB & I want to change the page pool to 8mb to try your new ROM

Edit: I figured out the problem, first I need to create "Finished ROM" folder under "_Template" manually then it will create the nb0 file

Edited by shigileeni

Guest johnchua55

after a few times install/re install Windows mobile device center ....... my usb active sync seems to work just fine now ... or at least on a fresh reboot.

Thanks very much for your ROM Sinan ..... fantastic work.

Guest fifd2005

Hi Sinan

You have great rom, but it is difficult to use since it lacks many basic functions

Can you make a new lite rom which includes basic applications from samsung like dialer, keyboard, FM radio, Samsung settins and WM settings together and other similar stuff. It is OK to have aound 90 MB free RAM. Opitional things can be removed like midomi, opera, MSN money, Office mobile etc.

I hope you will do a lite ROM like this

There is several around but most of them have some personal modifications.

I read JD4 and JD6 are good roms. But you can decide and chose a good stable another WM6.5 rom

If its possible, I will appreciate

Thanks