*REVOTE* for best 2.1 ROM w/ Benchmarks

Guest shenye

Guest theFRAGGLE

Can the BeHero installed WITHOUT wiping the ext. partition?

I have no problem with wiping the phone but I want to keep my ext. part.

Ah, I could just use another sd card, right? Hmm... :)

Guest Dr. dre

The thing is you can install it without wiping the ext partition but most of your apps won't work.

This same question was asked on the BeHero ROM forum :)

Guest theFRAGGLE
The thing is you can install it without wiping the ext partition but most of your apps won't work.

Yeah, I know BUT: in case of restoring a nandroid backup of MCR 3.2 I don't need to re-install :-)

OK, testing the BeHero later without another sd card :-)

Guest Dr. dre
Yeah, I know BUT: in case of restoring a nandroid backup of MCR 3.2 I don't need to re-install :-)

OK, testing the BeHero later without another sd card :-)

Just do a Nandroid + ext backup

Guest shadwell_lad

Ah, I could just use another sd card, right? Hmm... :)

I have been using another SD card for the 2.1 ROMs. Works very well!!

Guest jUsT2eXy
villain 4.0 out, based on legend leak.

hi thanks for the heads up... sorry for the following dumb questions but how does it fair against the BeHero ROM? Is it better? If so in what ways?

thanks...

Guest shenshang
hi thanks for the heads up... sorry for the following dumb questions but how does it fair against the BeHero ROM? Is it better? If so in what ways?

thanks...

nothing yet, lacks optimisation.

Guest Need_A_Username

I downloaded and installed the 3D gallery thing on BE Hero, but it won't open :-s When I click it, it just stays black. Any idea's? :-s

Guest Dr. dre
I downloaded and installed the 3D gallery thing on BE Hero, but it won't open :-s When I click it, it just stays black. Any idea's? :-s

3D Gallery is still having many kinds of bugs, So it doesn't work on any 2.1 ROM out there perfectly, Some or the other bug is still there.

Guest shenshang
3D Gallery is still having many kinds of bugs, So it doesn't work on any 2.1 ROM out there perfectly, Some or the other bug is still there.

3D gallery will continue to be bugged until the complete sources are released.

Guest jUsT2eXy

I'm using BeHero and it is simply faultless. (Apart from Battery drain..but all leaked 2.1 suffer from this)..

Is there any point in me changing from the BeHero to Villain Rom? As there is a new villain and people say it is good

What are the major differences.

many thanks.

Guest shenshang
I'm using BeHero and it is simply faultless. (Apart from Battery drain..but all leaked 2.1 suffer from this)..

Is there any point in me changing from the BeHero to Villain Rom? As there is a new villain and people say it is good

What are the major differences.

many thanks.

based on legend, laggier IMHO

Guest jUsT2eXy
based on legend, laggier IMHO

The BeHero ROM (Legend) <---------------------Talking about this

VillainROM 4.0 Beta2 (Legend) <---------------------And this

VillainROM 3.4 (Eris)

One difference is that the Villain ROM 4.0 is based on a WWE build (what is this by the way... WWE? )

Whereas the BeHero isn't .. as to how significant that is I do not know hence I am asking.

Edited by jUsT2eXy

Guest shenshang
The BeHero ROM is also Legend based... they both are...

I think the difference is that the Villain ROM is based on a WWE build (what is this by the way... WWE? )

Whereas the BeHero isn't .. as to how significant that is I do not know hence I am asking.

It's a better version basically. Oh, i forgot, i was talking about 1.2.6, it was much better.

Guest Decaux

Sorry if I missed anything obvious.

I got the Behero 1.3.2, but I cant restore my backup point from my backup aps, backup for root users and titanium.

Did I do something horrible in installing the ROM? i did a nandroid backup, wiped to factory settings and installed this ROM

Guest DickieUK
Sorry if I missed anything obvious.

I got the Behero 1.3.2, but I cant restore my backup point from my backup aps, backup for root users and titanium.

Did I do something horrible in installing the ROM? i did a nandroid backup, wiped to factory settings and installed this ROM

Might be worth trying in the BeHero thread bud...

Dickie

Guest Caffeine Dependent

I've been having weird contact syncing issues with a couple of these roms... some contacts won't show at all, or will only show an e-mail address with no phone number etc. Doesn't seem to matter which 'view' options I check.

Villain 3.1 works fine for me, but Villain 3.4 and BeHero (tried a couple of versions) both had similar issues with contacts.

Anyone else?

Guest jUsT2eXy
I've been having weird contact syncing issues with a couple of these roms... some contacts won't show at all, or will only show an e-mail address with no phone number etc. Doesn't seem to matter which 'view' options I check.

Villain 3.1 works fine for me, but Villain 3.4 and BeHero (tried a couple of versions) both had similar issues with contacts.

Anyone else?

Yep...BeHero and Villain 4.0 Beta2 same Facebook sync problem. I did not have a contact sync issue with BeHero but with Villian I did...took much longer for contacts to appear and I had to do a manual refresh a few times...

can't really tell the difference between BeHero and Villian 4.0

Guest afiorillo

Nope. Switching back from all 2.1 flavours to MoDaCo 3.2, too many issues here. Facebook, GPS, light sensor, web links within apps, battery drain, FCs, and so on.

2.1 ROMs are nice and smooth (specially BeHero, God bless its creator!), but still too buggy.

Looking forward for future releases! Thank you for your great work!

Guest jUsT2eXy
Nope. Switching back from all 2.1 flavours to MoDaCo 3.2, too many issues here. Facebook, GPS, light sensor, web links within apps, battery drain, FCs, and so on.

2.1 ROMs are nice and smooth (specially BeHero, God bless its creator!), but still too buggy.

Looking forward for future releases! Thank you for your great work!

Was just about to post exactly what you posted. Those are the errors / bugs I am seeing too. I tried BeHero first (Best 2.1 ROM by far.. battery life is better than the rest) and Villain ROM 4 Beta 2 (poor poor battery life) but at least google voice search and copilot (which I use a lot) works flawlessly.

Potential 2.1 early adopters read that ^

2.1 is nice but wait for an official release. Battery life is so poor. 17 hours or much less with proper use. Even standby drains a lot of battery 100% > 60% within a few hours after I went to sleep.