• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Bootloader / Recovery ?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Anyone who knows how the Bootloader / Recovery is designed on the X10 ?

Or is the recovery with fastboot etc. a Standard Android Feature ?

Cause im interested how our chances stand for root on the X10.

mfg

Posted

Hi,

Anyone who knows how the Bootloader / Recovery is designed on the X10 ?

Or is the recovery with fastboot etc. a Standard Android Feature ?

Cause im interested how our chances stand for root on the X10.

mfg

I'm interested aswell - i don't anyone knows atm? I'll be getting mine 30/3 i'll check it out then...

However our chances stand and fall with the success of the device...if it's succesfull it will get rooted...if not our chances are slim

Posted

Just tell me how to check and i`ll... cause iam using it already couple of months :)

Posted

@josifbg

I'm very keen to get the X10 when it releases but I'm still not 100 sure of the specs.

I been getting different reports from different sites, even Sony Ericsson themselves told me different to what was on the website.

Does the phone have a digital compass? which could be used to rotate the streetview maps in googlemaps (like the hero does)

Does the phone itself support mult-touch? I have been told that the OS 1.6 doesn't natively support multi-touch.

I was wondering if the dolphin browser which supports pinch to zoom could be installed to allow that feature.

Posted

I have one to for one week.

It has digital compass.

The phone does not have multi-touch neither in dolphin browser.

I don´t know you to out in fastboot or recovery mode.

Posted

I have one to for one week.

It has digital compass.

The phone does not have multi-touch neither in dolphin browser.

I don´t know you to out in fastboot or recovery mode.

Cheers for your reply mate. How are you finding the x10? Would you recommend it?

Posted

Hi,

Can either of you use ADB ? (dont know if the drivers are supplied)

If yes, try

adb reboot bootloader

-or-

adb reboot recovery

Or you can try turning on the phone while holding volume down

or turning it on while holding home

This are the usual ways to get into recovery.

If you could make it into the bootloader and post whats on the screen id be very thankful :)

Mfg

Posted

Cheers for your reply mate. How are you finding the x10? Would you recommend it?

I'm in love! It's a fantastic phone. The only problems are no multi-touch and some lag on TimeScape.

Hi,

Can either of you use ADB ? (dont know if the drivers are supplied)

If yes, try

adb reboot bootloader

-or-

adb reboot recovery

Or you can try turning on the phone while holding volume down

or turning it on while holding home

This are the usual ways to get into recovery.

If you could make it into the bootloader and post whats on the screen id be very thankful :)

Mfg

Nothing works.

Posted

Thanks so far!

Another common one is

Power + Back

Or anyother keycombo, if you are bored enough :)

Posted (edited)

I'm sure there's a way to root it.

Edited by mssmison

Posted

Could either of you that have it download astro off of the market and backup your system folder and post it here?

I fully plan on switching carriers when it's available here, but until then I sure would love to have a look at it..

Already extracted the system folder but there are couple of files from the etc folder which i cannot copy in anyway...i`ll try to use different than ASTRO file manager and will report after couple of hours.

Posted

adb reboot bootloader ===> only reboot

*#*#4636#*#* ===> working to see phone info

Posted (edited)

Let's do this as a community..!

Edited by GodDriven

Posted

i was trying reinstalling the firmware trough se update .the firmware is ard 119 mb and in infile longfile format can sum1 help me in opening the file then might be we may able to get the boot img.I have uploaded the same to hotfile here is link it might help :

http://hotfile.com/dl/36681815/cd684be/FIL...E_LONGTERM.html

Posted

If it works like other SE phone, SEUS split that file while upgrading in C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\*numbers*\blob_fs.

Maybe you can look at it and find interesting files.