MEGAlite ROM Build 23547: 320Mb Free Storage:-)

Guest daskalos

Guest ufoun

1) When I perform soft reset having plugged an USB cable, the device won't boot. Large battery appears on the display for a while, but I have to power on the device holding the "power" button. (just flashes new ROM and installed the fix)

Guest daskalos
1) When I perform soft reset having plugged an USB cable, the device won't boot. Large battery appears on the display for a while, but I have to power on the device holding the "power" button. (just flashes new ROM and installed the fix)

Yup this is just normal :) . Its because the samsung usb driver is just "waiting" for "instructions" from the PC, if it will just charge the device or enter flashing mode (just like when flashing with Octans). Just power on device to turn it on. It is not a bug ;)

Hi. What are the main differences between this and the last 6.5.5 build?

Well according to xda, it has better memory management (gwes is a newer version), more stable build and it seems battery friendly :P

Edited by daskalos

Testing for almost three hours now.

Available free memory at start is around 98mb. (I disabled lot many things, like samsung keyboard and replaced with windows one, manually start all bt services, media service set to manual)

It is true this memory drops to 93mb moment device is locked using the native lock option (I know this option is essential, but I need to know how to get the old locking behaviour, which uses less memory as default, daskalos please advise).

Call are coming and outgoing stuff is quite normal as usual.

As mentioned in the known issues, the camera doesn't work.

Activesync is working in Win7 x64.

At times garbled top taskbar is observed, may be due to conflict of large indicators and windows default one.

Bluetooth and WiFi using visual connections is working perfect (various settings added from earlier addons).

Max memory used by gwes.exe is ~21mb and shell using a little higher~24mb

Good beta version :)

Edited by 20x

Guest ttrevelian

I would be glad to test but i'm currently on a trip in argentina. By the way can you guys check if there is any problem while switching time zone.

Since I got here I change to -3 Buenos aires (arg) and it shows time an hour later and it is messing up my schedule if I change de clock manually after a soft reset or turn off it goes back to the same before changing it (really weird stuff) I am ussing latest 6.5.5 version and time managing tools SPB traveler and G alarm ( not sure if related)

thanks for the help and sorry for going a bit off topic but didnt had that problem while changing time zones until I flashed that rom

Guest daskalos
I would be glad to test but i'm currently on a trip in argentina. By the way can you guys check if there is any problem while switching time zone.

Since I got here I change to -3 Buenos aires (arg) and it shows time an hour later and it is messing up my schedule if I change de clock manually after a soft reset or turn off it goes back to the same before changing it (really weird stuff) I am ussing latest 6.5.5 version and time managing tools SPB traveler and G alarm ( not sure if related)

thanks for the help and sorry for going a bit off topic but didnt had that problem while changing time zones until I flashed that rom

Oh I take my explanation back...

Seems really is a 234** thing :)

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos
the file camera cannot be opend. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of the components connot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.?

Download the new batch from the first post. Install camera cab inside.

Please read the post thoroughly

Edited by daskalos

Guest greenonion

the file setting_a cannot be opened. either it is not signed with trusted certificate.....

WHAT to do? I have instaled the MEGAlite_6.5.5-23547_reg_only.cab.

Guest daskalos
the file setting_a cannot be opened. either it is not signed with trusted certificate.....

WHAT to do? I have instaled the MEGAlite_6.5.5-23547_reg_only.cab.

Download wifi and bluetooth settings in Megalite 6.5.5 23545 thread

http://www.4shared.com/file/240166499/b039...etooth_Set.html

but you also need samsung settings, download it at the first post (bottom part)

Edited by daskalos