• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

MEGAlite ROM Build 23547: 320Mb Free Storage:-)

157 posts in this topic

Posted

The rom still works great. Still zero crashes.

Is the winmo marketplace hidden somewhere? There are some free apps that I use which I can only get there.

Posted

The rom still works great. Still zero crashes.

Is the winmo marketplace hidden somewhere? There are some free apps that I use which I can only get there.

attached, need to install from device, then you got the icon in start menu, where you need to open, and then install again, as before..

marketplacebootstrap_1_.cab

Posted (edited)

How quick do your phones react to an incoming phonecall?

Mine, with its screen off (sleep / stand by mode) and with no applications running only rings with the THIRD signal! So my phone is still sleeping although it should have been ringing for some 8 seconds.

I think it is a big problem, although it was not much different with other roms. The difference is that with this rom it does not get much better when someone calls when my phone is active. Even when it is up, it is 4 SECONDS before it rings.

What to do? I miss a lot of calls, some of them are disconnected even before the phone recognizes the incoming number.

Edited by Alek_J

Posted

I want to change the phone button in today.

With Total Commander i make; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112 (it's a copy from 113) and change key; Open (addrbook.Ink) and Default (Contacten).

The phone button is now changed in Contacten button, but it doesn't work; "the file 'adrrsbook' cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I've tried various settings

change Keys\113 works fine

Posted

I want to change the phone button in today.

With Total Commander i make; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112 (it's a copy from 113) and change key; Open (addrbook.Ink) and Default (Contacten).

The phone button is now changed in Contacten button, but it doesn't work; "the file 'adrrsbook' cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I've tried various settings

change Keys\113 works fine

you need to reset device before the application to open will be update, even while the label is changed immediately

Posted

you need to reset device before the application to open will be update, even while the label is changed immediately

After a soft reset it does't work, same error message

Posted

After a soft reset it does't work, same error message

I see in your previous post you wrote: "addrbook.Ink", make sure you use a l (small L) and not an i (or uppercase I). Make sure you provide the full path (eg \Windows\Start Menu\Programms\addrbook.lnk)

You can also assign the buttons using Advance Configuration Tool using the advanced menu option.

Posted

Great ROM. Thanks!

But I have a problem with MMS - I do not know how to send, I can only SMS or outlook email :/

Posted (edited)

I see in your previous post you wrote: "addrbook.Ink", make sure you use a l (small L) and not an i (or uppercase I). Make sure you provide the full path (eg \Windows\Start Menu\Programms\addrbook.lnk)

You can also assign the buttons using Advance Configuration Tool using the advanced menu option.

Thanks, this was the problem :P

Edited by jero1ste

Posted

How quick do your phones react to an incoming phonecall?

Mine, with its screen off (sleep / stand by mode) and with no applications running only rings with the THIRD signal! So my phone is still sleeping although it should have been ringing for some 8 seconds.

I think it is a big problem, although it was not much different with other roms. The difference is that with this rom it does not get much better when someone calls when my phone is active. Even when it is up, it is 4 SECONDS before it rings.

What to do? I miss a lot of calls, some of them are disconnected even before the phone recognizes the incoming number.

Can anyone say how long it takes to hear the first ring in their phones?

Posted

http://depositfiles.com/files/5dzhxhg5v

not tested myself, but downloaded from this forum or xda forum some time ago...

this is 4 columns with honey comb.. anyone got "without" honey comb??

Posted (edited)

Can anyone say how long it takes to hear the first ring in their phones?

same problem here, it takes 2,5 rings at callers side before mine is ringing. If the caller ends the call earlier, I get a notification with number marked as 'unknown', it didn't have time to safe the number :P

(Using Megalite rom 23545)

Edited by VOODOOS!L

Posted

Any ideas of how to solve this problem? I think it is a major one, although I do not know what causes it.

Posted

had this problem with original rom too... so i think theres no solve

Posted

had this problem with original rom too... so i think theres no solve

Maybe this is the reason MS is coming out with Windows Phone 7 WITHOUT multitasking?!

Posted (edited)

where i find the wm 6.5.5 black theme?

6.5 isnt so good cause some buttons are invissible

today i flashed this rom, but i had the same prob like the 6.5 rom...

i cant disable the samsung dial pad!!

i testet every disablecab and disabled it in the reeditor, used sktool and aktivatet oem skin but nothing happens...

any idea?

Edited by B7610

Posted

Maybe this is the reason MS is coming out with Windows Phone 7 WITHOUT multitasking?!
I must say that if had known about this issue before buying the phone, I wouldn't have bought it. It is a ridiculous fault.

Omnia Lite with WM 6.5 rings instantly, the same with Omnia II, no matter what system it has. Something must be done but I do not even know where to write to.

As for the rom, I have three further questions:

1) how do we send mms?

2) is it possible to have the screen go off when talking and having the phone by the ear? 6.1 had this feature and I think it was a good one, saving battery well.

3) how long does your battery last? Mine expires after some 1.5 days.

Posted

@daskalos and others

Those who want to have a fully functional close button at the bottom of the taskbar in 6.5.3 and above I suggest trying an excellent taskmanager Xtask at XDA

@b7610, are you sure you want to disable dialpad? This stripped rom comes without the samsung dialpad, so what are you trying to disable. In case you want to enable, look through the supplied cabs.

Posted (edited)

@20x:

in an earlier daskalso rom i disabled the samsung dialerpad and then i had nice black standart dialpad.

this is what i now have but i think this is the samsung dialpad: cimg0609z.jpg and this is not so nice :-(

also i search a working black skin... heres the pictures with failure...

standartskin: cimg0610y.jpg

blackskin 6.5:blackskin65.jpg with invissible buttons on top

that says the registry. cimg0616d.jpg

hope its not my false ^^

any ideas?

Edited by B7610

Posted (edited)

The bigger picture is the samsung dialpad and the smaller picture is the HTC dialpad.

post-289073-1270019264_thumb.jpg

post-289073-1270019491_thumb.jpg

Edited by new2city

Posted

@b7610

The dialer-pads are what new2city has posted, the top one is samsung's.

Search for black theme, for what you are showing. I am currently using condor black theme, and it is an excellent replacer for 6.5.x versions where buttons have been in place. Try this!

For getting a better black based skin on your dialler look for Tacchhans's black dialer skin. It is low on mem and has good black graphics.

Posted

thx a lot 20x ;-)

will test it later and give feedback

Posted

tachhans black theme is very nice, also the black dialer.

after installing both i have 87mb ram at startup, before 90 ;-)

Posted

Good you found what you were looking for! 87mb isn't bad after all.

Posted

I am very sorry for repeating, but i need to ask. is possible to send a mms in this rom, even if samsung dialer is disable? thank you :P