tg01 toshiba stock rom

Guest marcinkufel

Guest marcinkufel

hi

maybe is posible to get toshiba stock rom without branding if we could find sombody with device from toshiba not mobile operator(orange,etc.). posibly that iemi could downloada update from toshiba webside and we could all flash it.

so if there is sombody with that device please let us know. much aprisiate.

Guest weezicsiga
hi

maybe is posible to get toshiba stock rom without branding if we could find sombody with device from toshiba not mobile operator(orange,etc.). posibly that iemi could downloada update from toshiba webside and we could all flash it.

so if there is sombody with that device please let us know. much aprisiate.

i think, we need to give a chance to this. i read somewhere, that the law in ITALY can"t afford the mobile operators to sell sim locked phones. Maybe an IMEI from Italy can help us. I only hope, that ROM hasn't italian language.

I buy my phone with Orange stuff, but some guy made me to sim free, i dont know how, the ROM is still with orange crap, but i can use it with any simcard. (he told me about "tosbiba service codes...)

Guest adzman808
i think, we need to give a chance to this. i read somewhere, that the law in ITALY can"t afford the mobile operators to sell sim locked phones. Maybe an IMEI from Italy can help us. I only hope, that ROM hasn't italian language.

I buy my phone with Orange stuff, but some guy made me to sim free, i dont know how, the ROM is still with orange crap, but i can use it with any simcard. (he told me about "tosbiba service codes...)

i think that the various country ROMs arrive with the associated langauge of the country... so italian ROM = parla italino :)

edit:

if i type my IMEI into the rom download page on the toshiba site, but select the italian ROM (& presumably any other rom) it lets me download it...

lemme know if this doesn't work for you & i'll post the offical latest italain ROM here...

NB: I'm not going to try & install it, i don't want the hassle of a phone in a language i don't understand

cheers

Edited by adzman808

Guest kevinpwhite
i think that the various country ROMs arrive with the associated langauge of the country... so italian ROM = parla italino :)

I've read elsewhere of a number of people who have installed the Italian ROm - it does have the magic 'no branding' but is definitely in Italian language with no native solutin to change to English. Some apps do have optional language capabilities but of course the underlying OS would be a challenge !

Regards,

Kevin

Guest useyourfist

to 2nd post - imei unlock code unlocks any phoine to any network they are phone specific and cost around £10 to get

to first post - there is no stock (official) english rom known for english due to the exclusivity to orange (tosh probably have one but not in public circulation) what you see people selling are debranded which wont compltly remove orange stuff from phone. But it is looking increasingly likely that there will be a custom rom soon that will give us some more flexibilty with what we want in our roms. and im sure over at xda that someone managed to flash a debranded enlish rom.

Guest bib*oops

edit:

if i type my IMEI into the rom download page on the toshiba site, but select the italian ROM (& presumably any other rom) it lets me download it...

lemme know if this doesn't work for you & i'll post the offical latest italain ROM here...

NB: I'm not going to try & install it, i don't want the hassle of a phone in a language i don't understand

cheers

Indeed , italian ROM is in italian 100 percent.

Possessing a tg01 IMEI(at least purchased in Europe) you can download whatever ROM you want(en-fr-de-ro-it-es) from toshiba-europe.com.(Instalation is not a problem with sddl+).

Guest bib*oops
I've read elsewhere of a number of people who have installed the Italian ROm - it does have the magic 'no branding' but is definitely in Italian language with no native solutin to change to English. Some apps do have optional language capabilities but of course the underlying OS would be a challenge !

Regards,

Kevin

Indeed italian Rom is unbranded, looking slightly different in some graphic details(nothing important:ie CALL & END CALL are white, not green and ,respectively,red like uk ROM), includes spb shell 3.0.(preinstalled) and it's slightly lighter.

Edited by bib*oops