Google Maps 4.1.0 not working on A15

Guest cnraghu

Guest cnraghu

Hi Guys,

Google Maps was updated to 4.1.0. I tried updating it thro' market. Gave the below error.

Package file was not signed correctly.

Anyone facing similar issues?

R

Guest jwhipple
Hi Guys,

Google Maps was updated to 4.1.0. I tried updating it thro' market. Gave the below error.

R

I installed it about an hour ago, worked perfectly fine. I used it routing my way home from work (not that I needed it!)

Guest wildcathcmc
Hi Guys,

R

me too :)

Guest samteeee
Hi Guys,

R

I received the same error.

Guest stevenbriggs

Mine worked, and there was even an update on the Market today for it. Everything's working nicely...weird that some have an issue and some don't.

Guest pvillasuso

Installed without problems !

Only thing I did different was setting the market enabler before checking the market updates... set it to [de]o2-de(o2-de) .. 26207

Maps update appeared , downloaded, installed , and done !

Hope this helps

Guest wildcathcmc
Installed without problems !

Only thing I did different was setting the market enabler before checking the market updates... set it to [de]o2-de(o2-de) .. 26207

Maps update appeared , downloaded, installed , and done !

Hope this helps

The same error :)

Guest Oletros
re: Maps, just uninstall the old version before installing the new version!

Love the Maps Live Wallpaper, very cool! :)

P

I have uninstalled Maps 4.0 and I still receive the signing message ;)

I'm using your 2.0 ROM

Guest rj7855
Hi Guys,

R

Same here

Guest zauriel
I have uninstalled Maps 4.0 and I still receive the signing message :)

I'm using your 2.0 ROM

So this is confirmed not working? I don't want to unistall the pre-installed one and be left without any gmaps at all!

Running Sense a14

Guest JR_de
So this is confirmed not working? I don't want to unistall the pre-installed one and be left without any gmaps at all!

Running Sense a14

Nothing is confirmed. There are mixed results. It's working for some and not for others.

Guest zauriel

Thank you for your reply, I have tested it myself and I can confirm it worked for me:

Uninstalled the app with ASTRO app manager and then installed it back with the market.

Guest lumix2day
Thank you for your reply, I have tested it myself and I can confirm it worked for me:

Uninstalled the app with ASTRO app manager and then installed it back with the market.

Did you first try an upgrade via the market directly? Because otherwise, you wouldn't know whether your method worked because of the uninstall or just because you are one of the lucky where maps via the market seems to work...

Guest Chris X Nexus
Hi Guys,

R

Hi guys,

Try uninstall the Google Map 4.0 first.

Should be fine after that.

Guest mattyv316

Having the same problem with the 2.0 ROM as well, but cannot uninstall the existing one to see if that helps. It doesn't show up in the manage applications screen.

Guest mattyv316

The uninstall method below is the only thing that worked for me. After that, I was able to reboot the phone and install Maps from the Market without error. Thanks to IntoTheVoid.

CODE

adb remount

adb shell "find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk | xargs rm"

adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

Guest cnraghu
The uninstall method below is the only thing that worked for me. After that, I was able to reboot the phone and install Maps from the Market without error. Thanks to IntoTheVoid.

CODE

adb remount

adb shell "find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk | xargs rm"

Now its included in A16 :) yey....

Guest parrot5

CODE

adb remount

Success! Thanks

Edited by parrot5