"absence of camera module"

Guest yoshizuki

Guest yoshizuki

90% of the time when i try to use the camera it keeps saying :

"camera application terminate due to the absence of camera module"

I did a hard reset, then the camera worked for a few mins, after that the message keeps appearing...

camera doesn't show pictures, it black.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Is it 90% of the time you are getting error message or everytime?

Please specify your rom version, or if you have installed cooked rom. If you have put hacked roms, then have you installed the camera application from the cabs?

Guest yoshizuki

I don't use the camera everyday, but about 2 weeks ago when I used it, it worked everytime, but after seeing an image for a few seconds, the screen freezes up then the camera interface crashes.

This morning I get the error message all the time, yesterday after I hard reset it 3-4 times I got the error message 90% of the time. The camera simply doesn't want to load...

Original ROM

PDA: B7610NXXIK2

PHONE: B7610XXIK1

I didn't install any hacked rom or anything.

Guest cappuccina

Hi,

I have the same problem, got my B7610 on Tuesday and haven't flashed it or anything, just installed a few applications.

First time i used it was fine, made some pics and watched them in the preview, but suddenly now everytime I use it after I made one picture and trying to shot the next one it crashes.

I can only see many coloured lines, and when I try to make a picture anyway you can here the sound, the display is black and then after some time it says the same thing. "camera application terminate due to the absence of camera module"

I have Original 6.5 Rom

PDA: B7610NXXIK5

CSC: B7610NDBTIK5

PHONE: B7610XXIK2

Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tammy89
Hi,

I have the same problem, got my B7610 on Tuesday and haven't flashed it or anything, just installed a few applications.

First time i used it was fine, made some pics and watched them in the preview, but suddenly now everytime I use it after I made one picture and trying to shot the next one it crashes.

I can only see many coloured lines, and when I try to make a picture anyway you can here the sound, the display is black and then after some time it says the same thing. "camera application terminate due to the absence of camera module"

I have Original 6.5 Rom

PDA: B7610NXXIK5

CSC: B7610NDBTIK5

PHONE: B7610XXIK2

Any idea?

I m havin d same problem...plzzz sum1 help!!:P

Guest cappuccina

Hi,

I have had no solution :-(

I just sent it back and I got a new one. It was just a week old. So warranty of course was there. I guess it was a hardware problem. I tried to flash it to see if it was Rom related but it was not. The problem was still there or even worse, couldn't take even one pictures anymore.

So I guess if you have warranty send it in.

Guest tammy89

i've got a solution...don know if it'll work for others...

i flashed my phone back to d original 6.1 rom...n voila...d camera started workin...then i reflashed it to 6.5 n its working!!

try it if u can!!

Guest LaMachine

Had this problem as well, brand new omnia right out of the box and 9 out of 10 times the camera shutted down right away.

No solution was found, so asked my provider for a new one. I suggest you contact your providers/store service

• 1 month later...
Guest yoshizuki

The problem with message "absence camera module" dissapeared and my camera worked again for about 2-3 weeks, then suddenly again when I tried to use the camera, the message "absence camera module" appeared again and camera does not work...

I don't plan to send the phone back to Samsung, it's a bad idea, they might just break it more, scratch screen, etc.

I tried installing Dasklalos' camera cab, but the problem still persists.

Isn't there a way to fix this ourselves??

Someone gotta know : (