Acer liquid bricked

Guest sushiii

Guest sushiii

Hello,

I have got a big problem while flashing the "official" leak of the 2.1 rom. I lost during the beginning of process my usb connection, and the process seems to stop, after waiting a lot of time, I decided to stop the process...

The problem is that now, the phone don't power on, I can't launch (power on?) it even with pressing some keys (for the recovery, etc...).

I didn't understand about the flashboot, but it doesn't work to be working anyway...

The phone is not even recognized by the pc.

Thanks for your help :)

PS: I also found it but... : http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ue-to-slow-usb/

Edited by sushiii

Guest Quipeace

I think there's not much you can do then :), perhaps someone else here (a developer perhaps) was in the same situation before and might be able to help you ;)

Very sorry :P

(Another sad face: ;))

Edited by Quipeace

Guest malez

Try this :

1. Pull battery in and usb cable to phone and pc

Press in order and without releasing

1. < (back button)

2. Camera

3. (power) not always necessary

Bootloader should appear. If that doesn't work unplug usb and unplugg battery and retry.

If this still does not work you can also try this

1. turn off your phone (and unplug usb if plugged)

2. press camera + volume up and then without releasing this two buttons hit power and the phone will vibrate two times. Release all buttons.

3. take the battery out and put it back (don't touch any button on the phone)

4. connect the usb to your computer and you will the acer logo and then bootloader will pop up.

Here you can reflash a correct boot.img and system.img. If you don't have one, I can give you.

Keep us in touch

Guest sushiii
Try Power, back and then Camera after plugging it in to computer.

Nop, didn't work either... :)

I have just received the phone today... disguted...

I'll try to bring im to warranty, I think it'll work, but I'll have to wait for some weeks...

Guest ahsid
Nop, didn't work either... :)

I have just received the phone today... disguted...

I'll try to bring im to warranty, I think it'll work, but I'll have to wait for some weeks...

Read the message from Malez just above !!!

Guest sushiii
Read the message from Malez just above !!!

Yep I just tried it, but I didn't got any response of the phone...

PS: and thanks everybody for your very fast answers :)

Edited by sushiii

Guest ahsid
Yep I just tried it, but I didn't got any response of the phone...

PS: and thanks everybody for your very fast answers :)

I guess the only thing you can do now (that you've tried the above) is contact Benhamn by private message.

Guest natostanco

I had a similar problem, can't go in bootloader recovery mode or others after failed a bin flash, sent in assistance, covered by warranty, they changed the motherboard.

Guest sushiii
I guess the only thing you can do now (that you've tried the above) is contact Benhamn by private message.

I don't think he will can do anything because the phone is totally unresponsive right now... (and I didn't found him in the members list)

I had a similar problem, can't go in bootloader recovery mode or others after failed a bin flash, sent in assistance, covered by warranty, they changed the motherboard.

I think i'll do the same. You sent the phone directly to acer via their website? How did you describe the problem?

Guest behnaam
I don't think he will can do anything because the phone is totally unresponsive right now... (and I didn't found him in the members list)

I think i'll do the same. You sent the phone directly to acer via their website? How did you describe the problem?

Hard to tell if u havent asked? I have a special tool from acer that can revive bricked liquids, done it for 5 other members. PM me your gtalk and we can discuss it furthur.

Guest johnnyponny
Hard to tell if u havent asked? I have a special tool from acer that can revive bricked liquids, done it for 5 other members. PM me your gtalk and we can discuss it furthur.

How long have you had it? I bricked my Liquid and it took 2 months for them to fix it and send it back to me :s

Guest linuxluver
No that's the biggest problem, I don't see anything... The screen is always off :)

You may have run your battery flat...and it can't charge up again.

Maybe try to get the battery charged in another Acer Liquid and see if it helps. The phone should not be *completely* dead......unless perhaps the hardware has failed.

Guest sushiii

Yep that's what I think too, but nobody have the same phone as mine , I tried to leave the phone charging all night yesterday but... :) . If I buy a new battery, she should be a little bit charged right?

Guest Quipeace

Yeah it should have about 30% left in it, my liquid arrived with a faulty battery so I had to get me a new one as well.

If you got another device with a single cell lipo battery you could try charging it with that, just make sure the current is under 1A.

• 1 month later...
Guest canberry

OMG, my Liquid bricked

It suddenly disconnected with my PC when i was flashing the new bin 1.100.5. It turned off and i couldnt power it on. OMG, someone help me!!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest sukka69

Hi behnaam, how to PM you? My phone bricked too. Try every steps suggested, the phone not responding at all. Please help! Thanks.

People, TRY:

- uninstall ALL Acer drivers/progs + custom (cooked) drivers + Acer flashing tools/drivers + Acer folders you may find

- reboot PC

(these previous 2 first steps are very important)

- let the phone charge for 1h (it may not react but battery should charge anyway)

- install again Acer ROM update tools/drivers

- unplug the phone and take the battery off

- wait 10 seconds and then press the power button (to eliminate every single energy)

- put the battery on

- run Acer Flashing Tool and wait until it tells you to plug the phone in

- press Volume Up + Camera button + Power button and *without releasing those buttons* (may be better to ask someone to help you) plug the USB cable in

I also had a problem once and I think I *forgot* to press the "power button" and it flashed anyway.

Try both ways.