Acer liquid bricked

Guest sushiii

Guest sukka69
Hi behnaam, how to PM you? My phone bricked too. Try every steps suggested, the phone not responding at all. Please help! Thanks.

HI Behnaam, I did not get your reply, my gtalk username is sukka69. Can you share with me how to revive the bricked phone. Thanks.

Guest Borkata
HI Behnaam, I did not get your reply, my gtalk username is sukka69. Can you share with me how to revive the bricked phone. Thanks.

Behnaam is very busy man and there are too many complains like yours, so not long ago he posted that refuse to help unless being payed for time taken to help. So maybe you should keep that in mind.

• 2 months later...
Nop, didn't work either... ;)

I have just received the phone today... disguted...

I'll try to bring im to warranty, I think it'll work, but I'll have to wait for some weeks...

i facing the same problem too, so acer repair it for u? hope to hear u soon

• 5 months later...
Guest gorde1
Yeah it should have about 30% left in it, my liquid arrived with a faulty battery so I had to get me a new one as well.

If you got another device with a single cell lipo battery you could try charging it with that, just make sure the current is under 1A.

I ordered 2 liquid e's from Fido , both came with defective batteries. 1 rooted fine the other immediately bricked. I am trying to follow the tutorials to unbrick but havent mastered it yet. Worst Phone I ever owed :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Guest marcozambi

I have a problem. I think my doughter pushed some wired button combo and wiped or damaged bootloader.

Some day ago she triggered some weird combination that popped up a never-seen-before prompt, asking if I'd like to wipe bootloader (or something similar).

Using Volume buttons I selected "No" and rebooted. Everything went smoothly.

This time maybe she cought me off guard.

When I try to normally boot the phone screens lighten up but remains void. You can see that the screen is backlighted but no acer logo appears.

I followed malez suggestions to try to access bootloader mode (camera + volUp + power) but even if the phone vibrates two times, screen remains always void (even if backlightened).

I hope you have suggestions... My first Liquid has been stolen and this second one is (maybe) bricked. Sob. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AlexzOzO®

Try this :

1. Pull battery in and usb cable to phone and pc

Press in order and without releasing

1. < (back button)

2. Camera

3. (power) not always necessary

Bootloader should appear. If that doesn't work unplug usb and unplugg battery and retry.

If this still does not work you can also try this

1. turn off your phone (and unplug usb if plugged)

2. press camera + volume up and then without releasing this two buttons hit power and the phone will vibrate two times. Release all buttons.

3. take the battery out and put it back (don't touch any button on the phone)

4. connect the usb to your computer and you will the acer logo and then bootloader will pop up.

Here you can reflash a correct boot.img and system.img. If you don't have one, I can give you.

Keep us in touch

I have flash a custom rom in my liquid e, but it keeps on rebooting. I have root access and use the Malezrecovery. Can anyone help me. I have already flash 3 Custom Roms. Please Help. Thank you in advance.

Guest Chewy11

I have a problem. I think my doughter pushed some wired button combo and wiped or damaged bootloader.

Some day ago she triggered some weird combination that popped up a never-seen-before prompt, asking if I'd like to wipe bootloader (or something similar).

Using Volume buttons I selected "No" and rebooted. Everything went smoothly.

This time maybe she cought me off guard.

When I try to normally boot the phone screens lighten up but remains void. You can see that the screen is backlighted but no acer logo appears.

I followed malez suggestions to try to access bootloader mode (camera + volUp + power) but even if the phone vibrates two times, screen remains always void (even if backlightened).

I hope you have suggestions... My first Liquid has been stolen and this second one is (maybe) bricked. Sob. :)

Try to install Malez recovery

Guest RYRAN

I have flash a custom rom in my liquid e, but it keeps on rebooting. I have root access and use the Malezrecovery. Can anyone help me. I have already flash 3 Custom Roms. Please Help. Thank you in advance.

i had the same problem...easy fix though, pull the battery, boot into recovery (power,voldown,camera), do a factory data reset, flash a working rom (or restore a nandroid back up), reboot and you should be all good

Guest Master_T

Guys, a friend of mine has the exact same problem, but I read benhaam doesn't help with this stuff anymore. Anyone happens by chance to have the tool he was talking about? Can you pass it to me?

Edited by Master_T

• 4 months later...

My A1 was bricked too.

Press Power , the LCD backlight flash once and down.

no picture.

connect to battery change. no battery icon.

connect to pc, no response.

I have tried all way( camera+ VOL+ +Power, < + camera).

but still can't bring it back.

I googled this issue.

some people said using JTAG to flash bootloader can repair it.

any people know the detail?

• 8 months later...
Guest Sexy.Devil

Anyone with solutions ??

I tried to upgrade but upgrade stopped.

Phone - Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition.

Completely blank, nothing happens when i press power button. Cannot enter recovery, pc does not show any recognition.

But once when i pressed "<"+"Vol.Down"+"Power" then pc recognized it and started installing drivers. That time I tried to flash it using Acer A1 DL Tool. But that also stopped.

Guest Ma7moud

Anyone with solutions ??

I tried to upgrade but upgrade stopped.

Phone - Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition.

Completely blank, nothing happens when i press power button. Cannot enter recovery, pc does not show any recognition.

But once when i pressed "<"+"Vol.Down"+"Power" then pc recognized it and started installing drivers. That time I tried to flash it using Acer A1 DL Tool. But that also stopped.

I don't know for sure but looks like a corrupt bootloader, don't know how to fix that

Guest Sexy.Devil

Hey, I flashed my acer, but now when I switch on the phone, it shows the acer logo then the empty battery with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

When I connect it to pc it shows charging. If I press the power button it shows battery with a cord.

What shoud I do further ??

Guest Ainillia

Hey, I flashed my acer, but now when I switch on the phone, it shows the acer logo then the empty battery with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

When I connect it to pc it shows charging. If I press the power button it shows battery with a cord.

What shoud I do further ??

Let it charge slowly a couple of hours. Then retry. Bettery seems empty or worse.

• 3 months later...
Guest Rockstead

Sorry to revive an old thread but I really need the help.

I had a stock Acer Liquid E phone that had never been modifiedt and I think I totally messed up my wife's phone and I'm in trouble, I really need some help here.

My Liquid E was previously on Fido and it had 2.1 on it and my friend gave it to me and it worked fine on Roger's just by placing in a Roger's Sim Card.

I went to Acer.Ca and I followed the instructions to apply the Froyo 2.2 update, I placed the update.zip and the image folder on the root of my SD card and followed the procdedures for rebooting, but instead of putting on a Fido 2.2 version, I put on the Roger's version.

After 40 minutes, the phone never restarted, I pushed the power button and now when it starts, it just shows some red colors and does not start.

I even followed the procedures for a clean boot (hard reset) and it still doesn't restart but sometimes it will show those weird colours and then nothing.

Here is a summary of what it wil show me:

1. I can get to clean boot menu and reset it but it doesn't change anything.

2. If I plug in usb I can see battery picture charging.

3. Sometimes I can see funny colours on startup but never an android or acer logo.

4. Sometimes I will see a Parition checksum error. Fail: load checksum partition

I will try anything guys, I really appreciate anything you can help me do go get this up and running, preferably on Froyo 2.2

Edited by Rockstead

Guest Rockstead

I let it charge and then I did a clean boot again but this time I noticed there was a very faint android and acer logo, it was very difficult to see because it was so dark.

I was then able to also get the phone in recovery mode with the triangle and exclimation mark.

So ill get the download tool as soon as I get home, now which BIN file do I choose? Do I get it from the acer site and download the latest Roger's 2.2 file? Because it doesn't have a .BIN extension, if not, which one?

Thanks so much for replying.

Guest Rockstead

Thanks to both the replies, I was able to get the phone in recovery mode and I flashed with the BIN suggested above and it is back working again, thank you! In addition, the 2.2 is amazing, that BIN is so fast and smooth compared to 2.1, I love the improved functionality and the lock screen is great, the Acer Gui is really nice.