Best phone - GPS tracking

Guest roscoe141

Guest awarner (MVP)

If you are intending to seriously look at GPS you should get a standalone device and use the phone, reception permitting, for emergencys only.

Don't forget a GPS should really only be used as backup or aid alongside a proper map and compass. All GPS devices can give false readings from time to time.

Guest roscoe141
If you are intending to seriously look at GPS you should get a standalone device and use the phone, reception permitting, for emergencys only.

Don't forget a GPS should really only be used as backup or aid alongside a proper map and compass. All GPS devices can give false readings from time to time.

I suppose you have a point. Perhaps I should just choose my next mobile phone on different requirement filter like a good camera, smartphone capabilities. Not had a smartphone since the C500.

Guest awarner (MVP)

There is plenty of devices out there and GPS for casual car use is different from out walking in the hills etc.

I'm happy with my Omnia II but with Windows Phone 7 just round the corner I would suggest you wait nearer the end of the year for the new all singing all dancing platform as it is unlikely that any device you buy now will be able to upgrade to the new OS.