27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rabhw

Have the kitchens been updated with the latest release Paul? I'm upgrading from v1 so as you've recommended, I plan on reinstalling my ROM again, meaning I'd like to re-cook with the v2 included! :P

Guest fabiocampos
Have the kitchens been updated with the latest release Paul? I'm upgrading from v1 so as you've recommended, I plan on reinstalling my ROM again, meaning I'd like to re-cook with the v2 included! :P

Same to me :(

Thanks @Paul :(

Guest gregory andrew

Sorry - Totally a newb here... but is there anyway to "update" this into my stock ROM? Can I just put one of them on the root of my SD Card and "Update" from the recovery menu.

Guest qvert
No, you should GAIN space in fact!

P

i rebooted and cleared caches but still only 95mb left

edit:

how can i clear dalvik cache on mcr 2.1? i think its moved? but where?

Edited by qvert

Guest showson1

Hey Paul,

Has the version in the kitchen for Cyanogen been updated?

I just cooked a new ROM and still have the camcorder icon.. I did full wipe of User Data, Cache and EXT.

Thanks.

Edited by showson1

Guest seppi68
Actually, the camera app force closes after any activity with the OC UV kernel.

Yes same problem, it's possible to you share the Source code for recompile boot.img with DesireCamera + o/c 1113 mhz and create a update.zip ??

thx

Guest 18.4009
Hey Paul,

Has the version in the kitchen for Cyanogen been updated?

I just cooked a new ROM and still have the camcorder icon.. I did full wipe of User Data, Cache and EXT.

Thanks.

Same issue.

Guest panthar

This is working great for me so far - both the camera and camcorder modes worked perfectly, and the touch to focus feature is something I missed back from the iPhone days, so that's awesome to have. If you can get the geotagging working, I will be flashing this to use full-time!

Thanks for hacking this all together, Paul!

Guest Brian L

I had a question about installing this camera update on cm. Do i just flash the zip from the sd card and thats it? Do i need to wipe and reinstall cm if im just doing it to update the camera? I havent flashed anything specifically for the camera.

Guest AndrewTan
Yes same problem, it's possible to you share the Source code for recompile boot.img with DesireCamera + o/c 1113 mhz and create a update.zip ??

thx

Don't re-push back the .ko file and it will be fine.

When checking the specific folder, the file still inside your phone and without re-push back, your WiFi still working. No problem.

Guest korengger
I had a question about installing this camera update on cm. Do i just flash the zip from the sd card and thats it? Do i need to wipe and reinstall cm if im just doing it to update the camera? I havent flashed anything specifically for the camera.

Yep...same question here...i just upgrade my N1 to Cm5.0.5.3...without the camera updata. Do I simply flash the camera update file? If I want to remove the updated camera (for some strange reason), do I reflash back Cm5.0.5.3 without the camera update?

Guest AndrewTan

Extra of Desire Camera:

- Touch to Focus

- Face Detection

- Extra Effect

- More Settings

- Capability to shoot wide format photo.

Guest DistortedLoop
If you can get the geotagging working, I will be flashing this to use full-time!

Geotagging works fine. All the pictures I've taken have the long/lat/alt info in the exif.

The alt is funny, though. I was at the beach and all the photos show I was -18 meters, LOL. I don't think I was under water for any of them.

Guest panthar

Huh, I'll have to check into the EXIF tags in a bit, then. Maybe it's the Gallery app not recognizing generic Lat/Long tags in the file an the stock camera app puts a more descriptive location? I'll take a few more photos with a clear view of the sky and check the results.

[update]

Huh, interesting. There must be some sort of background extra processing going on by the N1 after the photo was taken. Here's what happened:

I took a photo with a clear shot of the sky and got the little target icon. I opened this file and it does have GPS tags that look similar to the stock camera's tags. But when I went to the N1's Gallery app, the file said "Unknown location". Flickr showed the GPS tags but did not seem to automatically add the photo's location to a map. And Picasa shows Latitude and Longitude as "n/a". That sounds like it's the same with the stock camera though, since the GPS tags from EXIF look to be the same. So that's something different for me to look into.

But! After I was looking at the online photo apps, I went back to Gallery and guess what? The photo now had location information under the Info menu! I guess the N1 must do some processing in the background to match up the GPS coordinates to an address lookup.

So it looks like this hacked camera app is doing everything well - camera, video, and even the geotagging works (at least as well as the stock app geotags). Excellent work on this, Paul! The N1 community and I all are grateful to you for the work you and others do to enhance this device :P

[/update]

Geotagging works fine. All the pictures I've taken have the long/lat/alt info in the exif.

The alt is funny, though. I was at the beach and all the photos show I was -18 meters, LOL. I don't think I was under water for any of them.

Edited by panthar