HTC Desire Arrived!!

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Got my handset from T-Mobile at 7:40am this morning.

Absolutely no branding anywhere to be seen. Not on the box, phone or anything. The downer is that it only comes with a 4GB memory card that's pre-installed but I can deal with that.

The phone itself is absolutely beautiful in the flesh, the videos don't do it justice.

My biggest worry was that I would scratch the back putting it down, but HTC have thought of that and the back cover has this rubberised finish that feels solid and sturdy.

I've put it on charge and going to wait until about 12ish, and sort out an unlock code before switching on.

Going to be a long wait.

Guest jazzk

I got mine this morning, too.

The only T-Mobile branding I can see is the splash screen upon booting the phone. Apart from that, there's no branding on the physical handset, the UI/ROM doesn't seem to be T-Mobile modded in anyway.

Now I'm just in the process of getting it unlocked via htccode.com so I can actually use it :)

Guest Drefsab

just out of interest what is there to be unlock, this will be my first HTC phone so apart from the phone being locked as far as 3rd party apps. Im guess its just locked to the network (but I thought that most contract ones would be unlocked anyway). Just called tmobile my phone will be delivered on tuesday grrrr.

Edited by Drefsab

Guest jazzk
just out of interest what is there to be unlock, this will be my first HTC phone so apart from the phone being locked as far as 3rd party apps. Im guess its just locked to the network (but I thought that most contract ones would be unlocked anyway). Just called tmobile my phone will be delivered on tuesday grrrr.

I need to use an O2 sim card in it, so I need to remove the T-mobile simlock.

Guest DonVincenzo

Two things I've noticed so far with my TMobile Desire:

• No voice search, and the apk from Paul's Desire-to-N1 Rom doesn't install
  • No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Guest bluebirds
Two things I've noticed so far with my TMobile Desire:
  • No voice search, and the apk from Paul's Desire-to-N1 Rom doesn't install
  • No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...

Try this:

Guest Need_A_Username
Try this:

Looks like he already tried it :

No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...

Guest akirita

Good, you might explain that this is the sound through the speaker? is strong or is like the nexus of the one they say is too loose.

Thanks

Guest bigbuffalo2009
I got mine this morning, too.

The only T-Mobile branding I can see is the splash screen upon booting the phone. Apart from that, there's no branding on the physical handset, the UI/ROM doesn't seem to be T-Mobile modded in anyway.

Now I'm just in the process of getting it unlocked via htccode.com so I can actually use it :P

Jazzk - any luck with unlocking the desire? Looking to get one, but want to make sure it's unlockable first. Thanks.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
Jazzk - any luck with unlocking the desire? Looking to get one, but want to make sure it's unlockable first. Thanks.

I got mine unlocked from htccode, they got the codes now. Saves waiting a month for T Mobile to do it.

Good service too, kept intouch via email and fast response.

Guest bigbuffalo2009
I got mine unlocked from htccode, they got the codes now. Saves waiting a month for T Mobile to do it.

Good service too, kept intouch via email and fast response.

Great to hear....thanks for the quick reply.

Guest Drefsab

I just called TMobile im not getting mine today it seams now, they were shipping it but aprently recalled the stock and didnt think to let people know. They said they now need to wait on new stock but cant tell me when that will be, it could be weeks/months who knows.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
I just called TMobile im not getting mine today it seams now, they were shipping it but aprently recalled the stock and didnt think to let people know. They said they now need to wait on new stock but cant tell me when that will be, it could be weeks/months who knows.

Why was it recalled? Thats what I want to know, I got the blimming thing last Saturday, of the first batch.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
Sweet! :P

What is the software version of the T-Mo device?

P

Firmware version 2.1-update1

Baseband Version

32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel Version

2.6.29-3cb3dfbf

htc-kernel@12-2 #1

Build number

1.15.110.10 CL153468 release-keys

Software number

Newer or older than the leaked build?

Guest Drefsab
Why was it recalled? Thats what I want to know, I got the blimming thing last Saturday, of the first batch.

The guy I was talking to said a certain batch had dead pixels so they reacalled that batch, obviously this is a support guy taking calls so he may not know the whole story, be blagging it or actually know the score. Ether way im well annoyed because I fine with them delaying sending me the phone if its to stop me getting a naff one but they could have let me know.

Guest Calamity James
The guy I was talking to said a certain batch had dead pixels so they reacalled that batch, obviously this is a support guy taking calls so he may not know the whole story, be blagging it or actually know the score. Ether way im well annoyed because I fine with them delaying sending me the phone if its to stop me getting a naff one but they could have let me know.

If it helps, I just got a call (and an email) from T-Mobile saying they had new stock in today and they'll be sending mine out today, fingers crossed this is the same for you! :P

Your order's winging its way to you right this minute so get ready to say hello to your new HTC Desire

Web order reference ******

Description

HTC Desire

Quantity 1

Price £ 60.00

Including delivery £ 0.00

Total price excluding VAT £ 51.06

VAT rate 17.5%

Total price including VAT £ 60.00

Amount paid £ 60.00

James.

Edited by Calamity James

Guest Drefsab
Your order's winging its way to you right this minute so get ready to say hello to your new HTC Desire

Web order reference ******

Description

HTC Desire

Quantity 1

Price £ 0.00

Including delivery £ 0.00

Total price excluding VAT £ 0.00

VAT rate 17.5%

Total price including VAT £ 0.00

Amount paid £ 0.00

You'll get free delivery as standard on all online orders and we'll try our best to deliver within two working days providing your order is received before 17:00.

However I got the same mail on friday but I guess will soon find out :P

Edited by Drefsab

Guest HugoQueiriga

Just received mine from Mobiles.co.uk, DHL "been" trying to deliver my phone since monday.

Paid £20 for the handset on a £40 a month Vodafone contract with 300minutes & Unlimited Net & Txt 12 month contract.

With £55 cashback, though it was a bargain!

I'll sum it up.

Its a nice phone like my mates nexus one, it does have a few issues which i need to read about.

The phone itself is unlocked, unbranded, came with a sim card only on a envelope.

NO vodafone welcome pack, so had to ring them up, sorted my online account.

Not a lot of accessories with the phone, no phone pouch\sleeve.

It came with Headset, USB cable, wall charger, UK adapter, and 4GB MicroSD card and that is it!

Edited by HugoQueiriga