Android 2.1 - Google Apps for Domains

Guest Eddie1506

Guest Eddie1506

Hello all,

I know that Android 2.1 comes with features that allow syncing contacts and calendar with multiple gmail accounts, but I'm wondering if Google Apps For Domains accounts can be used for syncing calendar/contact entries?

Basicly, at my company we use Google Apps For Domains for our mail/docs/calendar/contacts and naturally I would like to sync my official company calendar and contacts with my Hero.

Is it possible, or are just regular gmail accounts supported?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonnyw2k
Hello all,

I know that Android 2.1 comes with features that allow syncing contacts and calendar with multiple gmail accounts, but I'm wondering if Google Apps For Domains accounts can be used for syncing calendar/contact entries?

Basicly, at my company we use Google Apps For Domains for our mail/docs/calendar/contacts and naturally I would like to sync my official company calendar and contacts with my Hero.

Is it possible, or are just regular gmail accounts supported?

Thanks!

Yes it is, I use a Google Apps account all the time for my contacts and calendars :P

Guest Eddie1506
Yes it is, I use a Google Apps account all the time for my contacts and calendars :P

Great! Thanks! :(

Does calendar/contact/mail sync work even if Apps account is not the main one (I presume one of the accounts has to be declared as main)?

Guest Jonnyw2k

Not sure, at the first screen that asked for my google account details i just typed in my apps account email and password and it worked from there onwards. I dont see anyreason why not having it as a main account would make much difference

Guest Eddie1506
Not sure, at the first screen that asked for my google account details i just typed in my apps account email and password and it worked from there onwards. I dont see anyreason why not having it as a main account would make much difference

Well, Market is the main reason why I wouldn't want to use it as a main account. I have so many stuff downloaded using my private gmail account on Cupcake.