thekevster's CF03 6.5 ROMS 23541

Guest thekevster

is there a way to remap the soft "Today" button when you're in TouchFlo mode? after installing and uninstalling Easy Today Launcher like in post #91 (Pdoe), the Today button leads me to the Phone dialer. I dont mind reinstalling the whole build too I guess, but how do I reflash it? do i have to uninstall first? or do i flash to CF03 first, then install again?

Also, might be off topic, but is there a way to get a standalone gps for the omnia? without the need to have internet? Would love to pre-download maps.

Im gonna give the new keyboard a try. looks promising

thanks!

That happened to me when I was runnning touchflo too. It seemed to happen anytime I changed something in M2DC. I was able to restore the today button functionality by opening up TouchFlo Detacher and reassigning the function for the "today" softbutton. Dont remember if I had to soft reset or not .... but I believe I did. I'm running M2D only now, so I cant test. Let me know if that helps.

Guest thekevster
is there a way to remap the soft "Today" button when you're in TouchFlo mode? after installing and uninstalling Easy Today Launcher like in post #91 (Pdoe), the Today button leads me to the Phone dialer. I dont mind reinstalling the whole build too I guess, but how do I reflash it? do i have to uninstall first? or do i flash to CF03 first, then install again?

Also, might be off topic, but is there a way to get a standalone gps for the omnia? without the need to have internet? Would love to pre-download maps.

Im gonna give the new keyboard a try. looks promising

thanks!

no need to reflash, just follow Pdoe's instructions in the previous post.

if you ever did need/want to reflash, you wouldnt need to uninstall anything or run the cf03 updater first, you would just flash the phone again with umdl with whatever ROM you choose. however, if it is a DC22 ROM, you have to run the official DC22 updater first to update your firmware, then you would flash the ROM. i might put out some DC22 ROMs when i get a chance.

the only way i know of to get gps without internet is through navigation programs such as garmin, tomtom, igo, destinator, etc. dont think its possible with google maps or any program of the like.

Guest thekevster
Your roms look smooth... Anxiously awaiting the first DC22 incarnation.

cooking the DC22 ROM right now. and it will be better than my CF03 ROMs (HUGE thanks to waremike32, who i also got the DC22 OEM from). i'll post a dl link when its finished uploading. but as you all know, i have no way of testing it. so if anyone who takes the plunge doesnt mind posting screen shots (want to see how the start menu looks, as well as a rough estimate of available memory after flashing, plus the lockscreen...mymobiler is great for taking screenshots of the lockscreen whereas shake and save bugs out) then that'd be awesome.

threw in a ported version of metrolock lockscreen...portrait only (cpr conversion by waremike32, cpr editing and image resizing by myself) and its not perfect, but if anyone wants to get rid of it, i'll post a cab that takes you back to the standard lockscreen.

Guest thekevster

here it is, for anyone that wants to test it. my first trimmed DC22 ROM. it is a flotanium ROM based on build 23557. classicblue theme, i forgot to copy over the theme from my other ROMS, although M2D has the same theme. has the stock round soft keys. i'll build another ROM with the black theme later. again, i havent tested this ROM, and as always i am not responsible if you brick your phone. i cant guarantee that it will boot, although i'm fairly sure it will. if you dont like the metro lock, install the StockLock.cab that is attached to the bottom of this post.

UPDATE FIRMWARE TO DC22 BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM!

Download:

Removed since it doesnt work

Please post screenshots! ;)

StockLock.cab

Edited by thekevster

Guest nvrmind

Downloading, but I won't be able to flash until late tonight.

here it is, for anyone that wants to test it. my first trimmed DC22 ROM. it is a flotanium ROM based on build 23557. classicblue theme, i forgot to copy over the theme from my other ROMS, although M2D has the same theme. has the stock round soft keys. i'll build another ROM with the black theme later. again, i havent tested this ROM, and as always i am not responsible if you brick your phone. i cant guarantee that it will boot, although i'm fairly sure it will. if you dont like the metro lock, install the StockLock.cab that is attached to the bottom of this post.

Download:

DC22 Flotanium

Guest gorf1000

Download:

DC22 Flotanium

I'm downloading now, I plan to flash first thing in the morning. I'll try to get screenshots up as soon as I can. Can't wait to try it out and see your future updates! Can I send you a data cable to keep you building? ;)

Guest thekevster
I'm downloading now, I plan to flash first thing in the morning. I'll try to get screenshots up as soon as I can. Can't wait to try it out and see your future updates! Can I send you a data cable to keep you building? ;)

i should have my data cable back within a few days, or at least i hope i do because i'm going through flashing withdrawals lol

new version with the theme and bottom bar updated, should look like my CF03 ROMs:

removed since it doesnt work.

Edited by thekevster

Guest woodsptw
let me know how it goes for you.

I'm stuck on the Samsung Omnia screen at boot. I reflashed CF03, rebooted, then DC22, then synced, then flashed this ROM which was successful.. just not booting..

it won't power down, I tried resetting and it starts to boot and then just sits there.

--

Certainly not bricked.. like kevkavalier I was able to flash another ROM.

Your 0409 release sort of works.. it gave me some errors to start.

Edited by woodsptw

Guest kevkavalier
I'm stuck on the Samsung Omnia screen at boot. I reflashed CF03, rebooted, then DC22, then synced, then flashed this ROM which was successful.. just not booting..

it won't power down, I tried resetting and it starts to boot and then just sits there.

??

Same here Kevster. It sticks on the initial Samsung Omnia boot up screen and just hangs there. Requires you to pull out battery. Then flash to Waremike's DC22 Flotanium ROM to make sure no brick effect- all good- whew!

Guest thekevster

hmmm, must be somethin i included or missed. i'm thinking its something in my OEMXIPKernel folder thats causing it not to boot. i'll take a look at my kitchen then try it again.

recooking, will post when finished and uploaded. hopefully this one works. also, i'm removing the dl links for the previous DC22 ROMS i posted since they dont work.

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

hopefully this one works, because if it doesnt i'm going to have to rebuild my dc22 kitchen. let me know if it works, and post screenshots if it does please ;)

should be able to flash in a few days, my old usb cable is being mailed back to me and i'm getting another one off ebay today so i dont have to go a week and half without flashing again lol

Download:

DC22 ROM attempt #3

Guest woodsptw
hopefully this one works, because if it doesnt i'm going to have to rebuild my dc22 kitchen. let me know if it works, and post screenshots if it does please ;)

should be able to flash in a few days, my old usb cable is being mailed back to me and i'm getting another one off ebay today so i dont have to go a week and half without flashing again lol

Download:

DC22 ROM attempt #3

At work.. will get to it tonight.

Guest nvrmind
2 dl's and no feedback....im guessing it worked?

I also downloaded it at work. I'll have to try it tonight at home (or maybe after I pick the kids up from school... but shhh, don't tell my boss) ;)

Didn't get a chance to flash the first two before the reports of non-workingness came through.

Edited by nvrmind

Guest thekevster

hope it works for yall.

i looked into the dump of the 0409 you were talking about and compared it to the recent incarnations of DC22 that didnt work, and i noticed i forgot a few files so i replaced them and hopefully that did the trick on this one. shouldnt have all the errors this time as the OEM has been cleaned up.

Guest kevkavalier

Stand by Kevster,

downloading ROM now and installing in a few.....

Still no boot up beyond Samsung Omnia boot screen.

Re: other poster,

If it doesn't go beyond the initial boot screen, you can tap all you like on the upper left. It NEVER gets to the START screen to tap it!

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest thekevster
Stand by Kevster,

downloading ROM now and installing in a few.....

sweet. keep me posted, hopefully it works.

Edited by thekevster

Guest kevkavalier
sweet. keep me posted, hopefully it works.

Refresh this page, Kevster. Results are edited above. Sorry, no boot still.

you do know that the usb cable is the same used on other Samsung phones, right? I used an old Samsung Instinct cable from Sprint.

Oops, refresh page 6 then.

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest thekevster

yea, but i dont know anyone or anywhere to get the usb cable other than ebay. and my last samsung phone was an sch-u740 which used a much thinner tipped cable. i even went to verizon and they didnt have the samsung usb cable. i ordered one today, but and it'll probably come in about the same time as my normal usb cable.

going to rebuild my DC22 kitchen and go with a SYS that i know worked for sure, so i'm going back to 23554. not really any difference between 23554 and 23557 though.

have some work to do first so it'll be a few hours before i can do it. will probably have another test ROM out later tonight. have some work to do though so it may be a few hours before i can start.

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

i think i've got it fixed in this next build that i'm uploading right now. had a stray SYS package in my XIP folder ;)

the kitchen fairies must be moving folders around on me trying to mess with my head lol

will post when upload is finished.

Edited by thekevster

Guest woodsptw

random observations:

tfdstartup is from an unknown publisher message

had a yes / no option at bottom of screen

couldn't select yes (or no)

rebooted

allowed me to use active sync to set up my exchange

running XDA_UC, only have communicator to install

took a while; actually disconnected data cable.. seemed to come alive.

exchange did not sync while data cable connected (it did right after DC22 install, w/o custom ROM)

went to start, messaging folder, messaging and selected send/receive

"cannot connect" "cannot connect with current connection settings. To change..."

reboot

showcasesuite message saying it's from an unknown publisher. select 'yes'

tfdstartup is from an unknown publisher...

cannot connect..

Punting..