My Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 unboxing pics--review

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Got my hands on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10! Unboxing pics here: http://www.cellphone-reviews.co.uk/2010/03...0-unboxing.html I couldn't take unboxing videos coz I couldn't find my camcorder and even if I did, no tripod so I didn't bother looking coz I don't want to do a one-hand unboxing.

First impressions: Really Fast, awesome screen resolution, great looking UI, phone is really not that big, actually fits comfortably in my hands. Will do a review soon. If there's anything you want me to test out, feel free to ask. I'm not really an expert reviewer so I might miss a couple of things, it would be great if you can point out or ask some things that I should test out or if there's some tools that I can use. :P

UPDATE:

Posted an initial review here: http://www.cellphone-reviews.co.uk/2010/03...x10-review.html

I was a bit deflated by the news that it won't support multi touch EVER but Timescape is still great looking. For those who thinks multitouch is overrated, the x10 is actually worth a go.

Edited by natalie1981_cutie

Guest kersey

A few things I interested in knowing is whether it has stereo speakers and how good the sound is from them. Am really hoping the sound isn't as bad as the X1 from the speaker.

Also is the sound loud enough from the speakers not to miss calls if it's in your pocket??

Cheers

Edit: Sorry, just read you mini review...very disapointed the sound through the speakers is poor...what happened to the old SE phones that had a decent sound through the speaker

Edited by kersey

Guest kersey

Can you confirm whether you had the MW600 Bluetooth Headphones included in the pack as in the 5th unboxing picture it looks as if it is that next to the pouch??

Unboxing Pic

Also, if you don't mind telling me which country is this retail unit from??

Edited by kersey

Guest natalie1981_cutie
Can you confirm whether you had the MW600 Bluetooth Headphones included in the pack as in the 5th unboxing picture it looks as if it is that next to the pouch??

Unboxing Pic

Also, if you don't mind telling me which country is this retail unit from??

NO bluetooth headset. :P That's the stand which is a freebie included together with the pouch and screen protector. A lot of people have been asking me about whether a Bluetooth headset is included, didn't know they were bundling it with that. Got mine from the Philippines for around $615. It has a SE local warranty. Maybe that's why other prices are around $700 upwards because the bluetooth headset is included?

Guest kersey
NO bluetooth headset. :( That's the stand which is a freebie included together with the pouch and screen protector. A lot of people have been asking me about whether a Bluetooth headset is included, didn't know they were bundling it with that. Got mine from the Philippines for around $615. It has a SE local warranty. Maybe that's why other prices are around $700 upwards because the bluetooth headset is included?

Thanks for the info...am really hoping that they throw in the bluetooth Headset for the UK version...I know it's part of the Danish retail package...fingers crossed.

I know you've stated the sound is poor through the speaker, can you confirm whether it is loud enough not to miss calls if in your pocket and also is the sound any good through the headphones??

Cheers :P

Guest Trekster2000
Thanks for the info...am really hoping that they throw in the bluetooth Headset for the UK version...I know it's part of the Danish retail package...fingers crossed.

I know you've stated the sound is poor through the speaker, can you confirm whether it is loud enough not to miss calls if in your pocket and also is the sound any good through the headphones??

Cheers :(

It depends where you order from...Three Denmark just delivered mine X10, no MW600 but a 16GB SD Card instead :P

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Cheers :P

Only sounds through the speakers is crap. Using headphones is okay. I'm not an audiophile so I can't say if sounds through the headphones are great, I can only say it's okay because its comparable with the iphone 3G and my B7610. The volume is loud enough so you won't miss calls if its in your pocket though it would depend on your environment. If you're in a train, you might miss hearing it.