Replace WM's tmail.exe with Samsung skinned Email/SMS application (jinbox.exe)

Samsung O2 offer a Email/SMS client (jinbox.exe) like this:

post-609730-1269915450_thumb.png

post-609730-1269915466_thumb.png

but usually, the system still use WM's GUI like this:

post-609730-1269915496_thumb.png

post-609730-1269915512_thumb.png

so... I write a small program to let the system to use Samsung's jinbox.exe if possible.

for SMS only:

If you just need SMS feature for this, and keep the email to WM's style, you need tmailwrap_sms.zip, just install tmailwrap_sms.cab.

tmailwrap_sms.zip

for both Email and SMS:

If you want both email and SMS to use Samsung's program, you need tmailwrap.cab.

but... because this cab will replace the WM's tmail.exe, it can't be installed directly... so you need following step:

1. use Resco File Explorer, copy tmail.exe to \Windows, overwrite the file in ROM.

2. install tmailwrap.cab

tmailwrap.zip

the version for JD1 (wm 6.5.3):

tmailwrap_653.zip

PS. this only test at I8000HZHJC2 (it include a tmail.exe from this ROM), I'm not sure it work for others or not.

Edited by twu2

Guest dgmorland
for both Email and SMS:

If you want both email and SMS to use Samsung's program, you need tmailwrap.cab.

but... because this cab will replace the WM's tmail.exe, it can't be installed directly... so you need following step:

1. use Resco File Explorer, copy tmail.exe to \Windows, overwrite the file in ROM.

2. install tmailwrap.cab

tmailwrap.zip

PS. this only test at I8000HZHJC2 (it include a tmail.exe from this ROM), I'm not sure it work for others or not.

This didn't make any difference on JC1 ROM when either launching email from Titanium or from Email shortcut on start menu.

This didn't make any difference on JC1 ROM when either launching email from Titanium or from Email shortcut on start menu.

yes, from CHome's email shortcut still use tmail.

because it will pass the parameter like 'APICL: xxxxx yyy', I still can't understand this, so just pass it to tmail.exe.

Guest thegunners

ok, already try this one for 6.5.5 lite. but somehow if i open default wm message, the message will always open the default one, after reset it will call this skin again

Guest dwallersv

Here's the curious thing: There is no jinbox.exe on the US version (i920) of the O2. Yet, BOTH styles of GUI appear depending on how tmail is invoked.

By this I mean some of the i8000 Samsung-style interfaces; for example, the really nice interface for SMS/MMS will appear if called from SPB Mobile Shell contacts page for a contact to create a new SMS. Call it from the SMS listing (ugly plain WM interface), and you get the ugly plain SMS composition GUI.

The new GUI seems somehow to have been integrated into tmail by Samsung on the i920. I haven't figured out how to invoke it, as there don't seem to be any command-line switches that are being passed. I'm guessing it's a stylesheet or xml file somewhere.

Anyone know how this works? I'd like to call up the Samsung GUIs as much as possible...

Guest jebise
Here's the curious thing: There is no jinbox.exe on the US version (i920) of the O2. Yet, BOTH styles of GUI appear depending on how tmail is invoked.

By this I mean some of the i8000 Samsung-style interfaces; for example, the really nice interface for SMS/MMS will appear if called from SPB Mobile Shell contacts page for a contact to create a new SMS. Call it from the SMS listing (ugly plain WM interface), and you get the ugly plain SMS composition GUI.

The new GUI seems somehow to have been integrated into tmail by Samsung on the i920. I haven't figured out how to invoke it, as there don't seem to be any command-line switches that are being passed. I'm guessing it's a stylesheet or xml file somewhere.

Anyone know how this works? I'd like to call up the Samsung GUIs as much as possible...

yeah i been looking for a way to get sbp to open the samsung messaging app and phonebook.

ok, already try this one for 6.5.5 lite. but somehow if i open default wm message, the message will always open the default one, after reset it will call this skin again

hm... yes, if there's a default wm instance exist, the system won't call tmail.exe again, (maybe) just send some message or event to such instance.

anyway... use this solution still get wm default program sometimes, because... it just use samsung's jinbox.exe only if possible, not always.

Guest msra6la2

fantastic app! thank you (I use HZHJC2 stock rom btw)

PS. registry editing which worked in earlier roms such as IL2 no longer works in JC2

Guest the sandman

does any one have the original tmail.exe for the i920? i accidently copied the file from here not know that it only works for the i8000 and now i cant open my messages

Guest jezze boi
i920? wm 6.1?

you can try this tmail.exe from i8000 wm 6.1, it work fine for I8000HZHIJ1.

tmail_wm61.zip

apparently it doesn't work on the Omnia 2 i920

it's a shame... i really wanted that UI

hopefully someone really good with this stuff would find a way to fix it on the i920.. if it gets enough support (it should now with the new commercials) xD

Guest the sandman

yea i know this looks really cool. i have i920 6.5. i managed to find the tmail.exe that i needed but my messages still wouldnt open so i had to do a hard reset :P

Guest msra6la2
Samsung O2 offer a Email/SMS client (jinbox.exe) like this:

post-609730-1269915450_thumb.png

post-609730-1269915466_thumb.png

but usually, the system still use WM's GUI like this:

post-609730-1269915496_thumb.png

post-609730-1269915512_thumb.png

so... I write a small program to let the system to use Samsung's jinbox.exe if possible.

for SMS only:

If you just need SMS feature for this, and keep the email to WM's style, you need tmailwrap_sms.zip, just install tmailwrap_sms.cab.

tmailwrap_sms.zip

for both Email and SMS:

2. install tmailwrap.cab

tmailwrap.zip

hey, one slightly annoying bug with this great app, the skinned e-mail doesn't work properly in landscape mode

Guest dwallersv
does any one have the original tmail.exe for the i920? i accidently copied the file from here not know that it only works for the i8000 and now i cant open my messages

tmail.exe is a ROM file... just delete the one you overwrote it with, reboot, and the old one from the ROM will magically reappear.

Guest Smille123
tmail.exe is a ROM file... just delete the one you overwrote it with, reboot, and the old one from the ROM will magically reappear.

to overwrite rom-files simply rename the original.

Guest the sandman

I did try to delete it and reboot my phone but still didn't work. I haven't thought about renaming the tmail.exe to something else but I doubt it wouldve worked since nothing else worked for me. So I guess hard was my best bet. Thanks for all the responses tho

Guest pcfrnd

hi, twu2

in fact i am looking for the opposite direction :P

i have skinned running and wish to find a way to go back to the win sms and mail, as the skinned sms is conflicting with my native language?

any help is greatly appreciated

i am running in your great rom.

Guest pcfrnd
uninstall it or

execute the original tmail.exe

thanks for your reply. could i beg your generosity, and ask how?

i tried so many cabs and changed several registry but, failed :(

after some of the trials, the result, the sms is not working at all :(

after others, the win sms is working through the skinned samsung sms. B)

i want to disable, better uninstall the skinned samsung, so when click at sms icon i get tmail only!!!

so, could i beg your generosity, and ask how? :P

thanks in advance

Edited by pcfrnd

Guest nap_rz

i want to do the opposite, how can i use the default wm sms and phonebook? samsung sms have 1 big flaw : it cannot send smses to 2nd and consecutive numbers in a contact/person therefore i cannot send smses to my colleagues who have 2 or more cellphones

can anyone help?