I8000NXXJA5 - 2010/03/30 Singapore latest JA5 official rom

Guest NewForce

Guest miminek
YES, it is really Samsung Singapore Omnia2 official rom released on 2010/03/30.

Best still, you can come to Singapore sometime this month to buy a complete new stock Omnia2 and you will see the same rom in it. :P

How could the ST an Italian? Myself flashed it and saw the ST was an English.

Did you flashed with the CSC_I8000XSOJA2.CSC file that come with this rom?

Also, what Regional Settings you used on your Omnia2?

I use Octans 2.14

CSC_I8000XSOJA2.CSC, Language Select: Czech

PDA_I8000NXXJA5_HW_40.MST

Phone_I8000DXJA1_REV_04.bin

Samsung Today - same problem as Secany rom JA5.

I have XXJC1 now and ALL is OK, is the best!!!

Edited by miminek

Guest yr6666
I use Octans 2.14

CSC_I8000XSOJA2.CSC, Language Select: Czech

PDA_I8000NXXJA5_HW_40.MST

Phone_I8000DXJA1_REV_04.bin

Samsung Today - some problem as Secany rom JA5.

I have XXJC1 now and ALL is OK, is the best!!!

what the problem?

Guest wanttobuylaptop

guys how is the rom doing? i am having a ori sg set, so i should go to the website and download the software to flash, rite?

Guest AlfCheesey
Hi AlfCheesey, which part you upgraded?

eboot + pda? or include csc and phone parts?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I upgraded everything, using Octans 2.14. I was a little nervous as I haven't flashed my phone before, but it all worked ok, and fixed many of the problems my phone had before. I had originally bought my phone in Beijing, China, but I think it was imported from somewhere else.

My old version :

Device : PDA : I8000NXXIJ6

CSC : I8000COAIJ6

Phone : I8000XXIJ2

Windows Mobile : 6.5 CE OS 5.2.21863 (Build 21863.5.0.67)

New version from this Singapore flashed files :

Device : PDA : I8000NXXJA5

CSC : I8000XSOJA2

Phone : I8000DXJA1

Windows Mobile : 6.5 CE OS 5.2.21889 (Build 21889.5.0.87)

Edited by AlfCheesey

Guest AlfCheesey

Since upgrading, I have been unable to run Rapid's O2 Compass application. I've tried an old v.2.0 and the latest v.3.3, and although I have .Net Compact Framework 3.5 installed, I cannot get the phone to calibrate. I can press skip to get to the main compass, but the compass doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the application but it still won't work.

I've tried the HTC Teeter game, and this works fine.

The version of .NET framework I am now running is 3.5.9198.00, which is in ROM. I don't know how to uninstall it to install an older version.

Has anyone else got the same problem with this firmware? Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT :

Continuing on from this, the internal compass also does not seem to be working (Windows\CompassTestMode.exe). The accelerator seems to be working fine, just not the compass.

Edited by AlfCheesey

Guest doremo

my current version is official ij9, but when i try to upgrade with samsung official program, but told me my ij9 is latest version.pls honestly tell us this ja5 is samsung official rom or secany's official rom, thx

Guest NewForce
my current version is official ij9, but when i try to upgrade with samsung official program, but told me my ij9 is latest version.pls honestly tell us this ja5 is samsung official rom or secany's official rom, thx

I am being honest. According to Quattro Formaggi Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader (access to Samsung server),

the JA5 version I'd uploaded was the latest for Singapore.

It contained JA2 CSC file that come with all Singapore network operators profile and the same Chinese Display/Inputs too, that make it at least a little bit different from secany JA5 which only come with multiple European language CSC, with nothing for Singapore network operators.

For upgrade with Samsung New PC Studio case, I'm not sure as I've never use it to upgrade my Omnia2.

Below the screenshot for Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader.

post-31662-1270301183_thumb.jpg

Guest doremo
I am being honest. According to Quattro Formaggi Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader (access to Samsung server),

the JA5 version I'd uploaded was the latest for Singapore.

It contained JA2 CSC file that come with all Singapore network operators profile and the same Chinese Display/Inputs too, that make it at least a little bit different from secany JA5 which only come with multiple European language CSC, with nothing for Singapore network operators.

For upgrade with Samsung New PC Studio case, I'm not sure as I've never use it to upgrade my Omnia2.

Below the screenshot for Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader.

How can you connect to the fus server??? when i try to connect, keep prompt out " locked by administrator"

Guest NewForce
How can you connect to the fus server??? when i try to connect, keep prompt out " locked by administrator"

Not sure what's go wrong.

My PC running Quattro Formaggi Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader program on an old Vista 32bit OS with no problem, yesterday.

Today I try on a WinXP PC, having the same problem like yours. Finally Samsung Server Admin has lock the access? :P

Edited by NewForce

Guest hostet
Not sure what's go wrong.

My PC running Quattro Formaggi Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader program on an old Vista 32bit OS with no problem, yesterday.

Today I try on a WinXP PC, having the same problem like yours. Finally Samsung Server Admin has lock the access? :P

Download the newer version of the Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader here. This verson address the "Locked by Admin" issue.

Edited by hostet

Guest NewForce
Download the newer version of the Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader here. This verson address the "Locked by Admin" issue.

hostet, Thanks for pointing that out.

Now I've know, got the older version on WinXP PC.

Guest jangzc
Just re-assign the "Button2 Hold" app in "Settings > General settings > Button > Assign a program" will do.

Thanks NewForce, for your quick advise.

Cheers

Guest AlfCheesey

Can anyone who has flashed their phone with this firmware, can you please tell me whether the compass is still working in the phone?

I'm having problems getting the compass to work (even the pre-installed compass at Windows\CompassTestMode.exe.

I would be really grateful if someone could please test this and see if the compass is still working.

Guest hostet
Can anyone who has flashed their phone with this firmware, can you please tell me whether the compass is still working in the phone?

I'm having problems getting the compass to work (even the pre-installed compass at Windows\CompassTestMode.exe.

I would be really grateful if someone could please test this and see if the compass is still working.

I did not install this version so I can;t say if it is due to this firmware. You may want to try firmware other than JA5 as this firmware have several issues. Try to install either JB1 or JC1 with retaining the CSC and Phone. Anyway I have a Singapore Omnia 2 i8000. So far so good.

Guest wanttobuylaptop
I did not install this version so I can;t say if it is due to this firmware. You may want to try firmware other than JA5 as this firmware have several issues. Try to install either JB1 or JC1 with retaining the CSC and Phone. Anyway I have a Singapore Omnia 2 i8000. So far so good.

what are the issues with this firmware?

mine is

pda:IJ9

csc:IJ2

phone:IJ1

is this one ok?

i am thinking of flashing this one...if this is a better firmware...new to winmo..

Guest DunKnow

mine is

is this one ok?

i am thinking of flashing this one...if this is a better firmware...new to winmo..

IJ9 firmware is too old already haha, it is pretty buggy, hmm currently, i have updated my phone to the files given at the first post. Then i go ahead to reflash to just JC1 for the pda part, JC1 is way way faster than JA5.

Guest hostet

mine is

is this one ok?

Hi,

As per DunKnow, JC1 is the fastest as compared to J9. If you want some new look with you omnia 2 and a faster phone, upgrade to JC1. Just upgrade the phone part and you may want to leave the phone part and csc alone. Phone part is the one that brick the phone.

Edited by hostet

Guest wanttobuylaptop
Hi,

As per DunKnow, JC1 is the fastest as compared to J9. If you want some new look with you omnia 2 and a faster phone, upgrade to JC1. Just upgrade the phone part and you may want to leave the phone part and csc alone. Phone part is the one that brick the phone.

mmm...u mean just upgrade the pda part alone rite?

also, is JC1 official rom for singapore samsung?

Edited by wanttobuylaptop

Guest wanttobuylaptop

flashed JA5...

overall...still a bit lag...

dont really feel any improvement tho...

tomolo gonna try the GPS...

ya...only thing i feel improve..

the samsung menu / cube is good now..

although with spb shell...i dont really use them...

Edited by wanttobuylaptop