Pulse's last call for help!

Guest Calamity James

Guest Calamity James

Not really a "technical" post, but thought I would share this with you all.

On Saturday I was returning home, when I realised the only place I could park was on the road.

Annoyed, I pulled up and opened the door. "Oh, that's quite a big drain" I thought. 5 seconds later as I shift myself round to get out the car I feel my pocket get lighter and all of a sudden hear a big "plop" noise come from the drain.

Yep, my 3 month old T-Mobile Pulse had just fallen into the drain!

I was in such a state of disbelief at what had just happened I didn't even get mad, my flatmate was just walking round when it happened, and he could tell from my face it was my phone!

Anyway, a couple of hours later (this happened at about 4pm), I was browsing Facebook, when I clicked my profile to see a post someone had written on my wall. I glanced over at my Latitude widget, and to my amazement, my Pulse had updated it's location about 10 miles west of my flat, nearly 1.5 hours after I dropped it in the drain!!

post-621181-1270043830_thumb.jpg

There were no updates after that and it now goes to voicemail.

Farewell my T-Mobile Pulse :P. You introduced me to Android and were my reason for getting a Desire as a replacement!

Edited by Calamity James

Guest Azurren

Hah

I would try to disprove the fact that the phone still worked afterwards but I don't want to.

I want to believe that it's true :P

Nice story, and I know that feeling.. Not pleasant

Guest Daz555

You really should have ripped the battery out at the earliest possible moment to give your phone any chance of survival. Either way, stick it somewhere warm for a few days and see what happens. It might reawaken when it dries out.

Guest Azurren
You really should have ripped the battery out at the earliest possible moment to give your phone any chance of survival. Either way, stick it somewhere warm for a few days and see what happens. It might reawaken when it dries out.

It's gone :(

Got washed away or sank to the bottom.. Or perhaps one of those London crocodiles got hold of it.. Or maybe even one of those London alien sewer dwellers! :P

Guest Calamity James
Hah

I would try to disprove the fact that the phone still worked afterwards but I don't want to.

I want to believe that it's true :P

Nice story, and I know that feeling.. Not pleasant

I know, I was quite sceptical myself, although I've made myself believe it! :(

We had torrential rain for about half an hour after I dropped it down the drain so I could quite believe it got over there, coupled with the fact there's a sewage treatment plant very near there!

Guest meinnit
"Oh, that's quite a big drain" I thought.

I had that same thought earlier this week! I held onto my Pulse a little tighter after seeing the drain :P

Sorry to hear about your Pulse. Quite funny that location managed to update!