Stop charging on USB

Guest bagiabanmaybay

Guest bagiabanmaybay

Hi guys,

Just got the mugen battery 1300 delivered, yay. Now I'm wondering is there any way to disable charging on USB. I think it harms the batter when the phone is charged via the battery for like 3-4 minutes and then disconnected.

Any help appreciated

Guest drkdeath5000

Personally i think the usb charge is safer and pro longs battery life since you get a more thorough charge than you do from the mains charger. Anyway, from what i understand theres no way to stop usb charging so im afraid your stuck with it - may be wrong though so dont take my word for it.

Guest LeSScro
Personally i think the usb charge is safer and pro longs battery life since you get a more thorough charge than you do from the mains charger. Anyway, from what i understand theres no way to stop usb charging so im afraid your stuck with it - may be wrong though so dont take my word for it.

Are you sure ? i connect my Phone via USB all days... No actyve sync only in USB storage mass...

no problem with 1300 mAh from Mugen...

You can't stop this feature...

With last ROM Wm6.5 build 21876... battery drain is much better, no more issue... life battery is now Sooooo Good...

If you are affraid, i m perfect demonstration about battery probelm... my TG01 is always charged... need make some test with photoshop...

then connect - disconnect... 100x/day...

my opinion, no probelm... have fun !

Guest kevinpwhite
Hi guys,

Just got the mugen battery 1300 delivered, yay. Now I'm wondering is there any way to disable charging on USB. I think it harms the batter when the phone is charged via the battery for like 3-4 minutes and then disconnected.

Any help appreciated

It does not cause a problem. The USB charging port is under processor control the whole time; uUSB has a great deal more 'intelligence' than any previous system. When charging from the mains it is deliberately designed to support fast charging (provided the charger also supports); when on the USB PC connection, it runs at a lower charging current. There is also a charge controller in the battery itself.

Guest bagiabanmaybay
It does not cause a problem. The USB charging port is under processor control the whole time; uUSB has a great deal more 'intelligence' than any previous system. When charging from the mains it is deliberately designed to support fast charging (provided the charger also supports); when on the USB PC connection, it runs at a lower charging current. There is also a charge controller in the battery itself.

Thanks guy,

I thought it would harm the battery cause i was told to charge the battery only when it almost depletes and got to do it full cycle.

Kinda relieve to know "intermitting" (<== not sure if u guys could understand that but i dont know how to say it in English, lol) charging doesnot harm the battery.

Talking about USB connection, i find it slow to transfer files from PC to Storage card using activesync, direct copying to storage card using card reader is way faster. Anyone has the same problem??. Is there anyway to directly connect storage card with PC without taking the card out.

• 1 month later...
Guest Daniels2010

Hi guys,

Just I tryed to connect my TG01 to an charge car and he write me "USB will be stopped".

From that moment my TG01 won't to be charged from any cable. AC or USB-PC.

The battery is empty and don't start.

Do you have any ideea how I can able or enable the USB?

Any help appreciated

Thank's and best regards.