WiFi stopped working - kind of

Guest hah2110

Guest hah2110

So my office WiFi is WEP and my home was WPA2. They both used to work fine until I went to enomothers the other day. Work remained stable and fine, but I couldn't connect to my home network. I just wiped completely and went to CM and same trouble. I discovered that I can't connect to my home network with my phone if the router has any security (even WEP which works in the office). If it is unsecured, I can connect fine. Can anyone help?

Guest lars1110
So my office WiFi is WEP and my home was WPA2. They both used to work fine until I went to enomothers the other day. Work remained stable and fine, but I couldn't connect to my home network. I just wiped completely and went to CM and same trouble. I discovered that I can't connect to my home network with my phone if the router has any security (even WEP which works in the office). If it is unsecured, I can connect fine. Can anyone help?

does your router support wpa2? if not then i would just create an access list for your router. or option two send your phone in for repair witch really isnt really an option. but try wipeing your sd card and phone at the same time worth a try because android does store info about itself on the sd card. and the desire rom stores alot of setting if you were ever running it.

Guest hah2110
does your router support wpa2? if not then i would just create an access list for your router. or option two send your phone in for repair witch really isnt really an option. but try wipeing your sd card and phone at the same time worth a try because android does store info about itself on the sd card. and the desire rom stores alot of setting if you were ever running it.

Thanks for the fast response. The router def supports WPA2 as I know for three reasons:

1) I set it up in there, lol

2) My laptop has been fine on it (set as wpa2)

3) My phone WAS running fine on it

Also - the phone won't connect with WEP either, except at work.

I have MAC address filtering now temporarily... That isn't as secure though, right?

Guest lars1110
Thanks for the fast response. The router def supports WPA2 as I know for three reasons:

1) I set it up in there, lol

2) My laptop has been fine on it (set as wpa2)

3) My phone WAS running fine on it

Also - the phone won't connect with WEP either, except at work.

I have MAC address filtering now temporarily... That isn't as secure though, right?

im not sure about the security but it will only let the computers/portable devices to connect to the internet. so its more secure than haveing no security you know what i mean. but try upgradeing the routers firmware i mean its worth a shot. i had to upgrade my routers firmware just to let my old windows mobile phone to cennect to it. but make sure if you have wireless n make sure it is a micsture between wireless b/g/and n. i know the nexus one has the broadcom chip to allow wireless in but im not sure if its in use plus i no longer have a nexus one i have an hd2 now. big mistake btw. shouldve gone with a htc evo lol. but try those suggestions for now and see what happens. plus whats your routers manufacturer and model?

• 10 months later...
Guest airchie

I have a similar issue.

A network that used to work fine no longer works, even after completely wiping the phone and also changing firmware on my phone.

The network in question is my work's visitors wifi that's secured with WEP.

I know it works as everyone else in here is using it without issue.

I wonder if it could be some sort of MAC address block they placed on the wifi?

Maybe they thought my phone was downloading too much or something?

Anyone know of a way to spoof your MAC address on your phone's wifi?