• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orange branding

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, I should be getting a desire on orange on friday/monday.

has anyone seen one on orange yet?

if so whats the branding like and have they hobbled it too badly? will i soon be needing to devle into the mysteries of gold card to put iy back the way htc intended

or is it fine with the branded os

cheers

G

Edited by tasminracer

Posted

Hi, I should be getting a desire on orange on friday/monday.

has anyone seen one on orange yet?

if so whats the branding like and have they hobbled it too badly? will i soon be needing to devle into the mysteries of gold card to put iy back the way htc intended

or is it fine with the branded os

cheers

G

According to people that have got theirs from Orange today, just a orange logo on the back and few of the icons are orange branded and a orange home screen.

Posted

So just the orange home screen to get rid of then <LOL> thats going to have to go..

Posted

they said its not the default homescreen and also there are a few orange widgets that can be removed too.

I cant get my hands on one till end of next week probs as cant upgrade till mid next week. :P

Posted

I got mine yesterday on Orange.

Can't find any branding anywhere...

Comes with 4gb micro sd card too!!

Fabulous phone!!

Posted

Got mine last night from Orange.

Back cover has the Orange logo plastered onto it.

On power up, you get the Orange logo appear for a second or so.

The default Sense scene is some ugly Orange one that reminded me of my old SVP M3100.

The "Internet" icon is an Orange version.

There are several demo's that I can't seem to get rid of - Have tried "settings - applications - manage" but no option to remove. I also tried the Android market and Orange's own "AppShop" but still no option to remove.

That's all I've noticed so far in comparisons to the unbranded models I've seen.

Anyone managed to get rid of these demo's without too much farting around? :P

Posted

I think its pretty much the same as T-Mobiles branding.

Posted

Hi i am also thinking of getting a Desire on Orange those Orange Widgets can they be replaced with the Original HTC ones?.

Oh and can you still use all the live wallpapers etc?

Posted

Hi i am also thinking of getting a Desire on Orange those Orange Widgets can they be replaced with the Original HTC ones?.

Oh and can you still use all the live wallpapers etc?

You can update all widgets and still use live wallpapers

Hope this helps.

(i updated mine to generic software using the gold card route)

Didn't like the silly demo apps that couldn't be removed. I'm a neat freak

Posted (edited)

You can update all widgets and still use live wallpapers

Hope this helps.

(i updated mine to generic software using the gold card route)

Didn't like the silly demo apps that couldn't be removed. I'm a neat freak

Ah but you can't just go into settings and put the htc widgets ? hmm maybe i should just buy it on virgin instead.

Edited by SMG-UK

Posted

Ah but you can't just go into settings and put the htc widgets ? hmm maybe i should just buy it on virgin instead.

The branding on my Virgin is just the boot splash, Virgin scene and Virgin homepage.

Got mine from a virgin shop as the deals were better than online.

David

Posted

The branding on my Virgin is just the boot splash, Virgin scene and Virgin homepage.

Got mine from a virgin shop as the deals were better than online.

David

Thats good to hear thanks ;)

Posted

Does anyone know if someone will be able to extract a Orange ROM so that if someone on orange has insurance and they debrand, then if they need to get it replaced they can reflash the Orange ROM in case orange refuse to give a replacement cause of changed ROM?