[ROM]Ninja4hire *NinjaToday* (DG21) v6.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest snapz54

Are you going to update the XDA version? i always use your XDA versions because they have the "handcuffs off" so to speak (busty cops eh?) in regards to swype.

I think I'm gonna flash this and hold on to it until your next big revealing. May I suggest a turtleneck and a S.Jobs style unveiling of the next breakthrough rom?

"we started things off by reinventing the O2 with Black and blue, a couple months later we rewrote the book with the first samsung today rom and customized start menu, I'm pretty excited about what we have for you today, I present to you..."

FILL IN THE BLANK!

Guest buffpatel

Thanks for the new update Ninja! I guess I must be one of the 4 who really like this ROM. To be honest, I was starting to think there were not going to be any more updates to this ROM (as it had been banished to "page 2" on the thread list for the past few days) and was starting to plan to flash AMDs Sense ROM maybe in 2 or 3 weeks, but I think I'll flash this ROM tomorrow now!!!

After reading the recent posts AMDs Sense Rom, I must admit I never quite imagined just how complicated it can be to make these ROMs - taking upwards of 40+ hours/week of your time to do. For you to still update this ROM (while still working on Sense, your Black/Blue ROM, and answering questions for others) I just really want to say thanks again. I much appreciate this and everything you guys do. If I wasn't so busy with work and life in general, I'd actually try to learn how to make one and contribute to others as you guys do for us.

One last newbie questions also: What is the XDA version, and how is it different? I thought the previous Today ROM was XDA. I googled XDA and got an XDA developer site. Wikipedia made it sounds like its a specific HTC smartphone. I actually thought XDA was some sort of graphics resolution (like VGA, XWVGA, etc...). How can people tell XDA vs non-XDA version of ROMS?

Guest Omega Ra
Thanks for the new update Ninja! I guess I must be one of the 4 who really like this ROM. To be honest, I was starting to think there were not going to be any more updates to this ROM (as it had been banished to "page 2" on the thread list for the past few days) and was starting to plan to flash AMDs Sense ROM maybe in 2 or 3 weeks, but I think I'll flash this ROM tomorrow now!!!

After reading the recent posts AMDs Sense Rom, I must admit I never quite imagined just how complicated it can be to make these ROMs - taking upwards of 40+ hours/week of your time to do. For you to still update this ROM (while still working on Sense, your Black/Blue ROM, and answering questions for others) I just really want to say thanks again. I much appreciate this and everything you guys do. If I wasn't so busy with work and life in general, I'd actually try to learn how to make one and contribute to others as you guys do for us.

One last newbie questions also: What is the XDA version, and how is it different? I thought the previous Today ROM was XDA. I googled XDA and got an XDA developer site. Wikipedia made it sounds like its a specific HTC smartphone. I actually thought XDA was some sort of graphics resolution (like VGA, XWVGA, etc...). How can people tell XDA vs non-XDA version of ROMS?

XDA is the XDA-developers site. It has all sorts of stuff for winmo and such. His XDA versions are just the version of the ROM he releases over at the XDA site, because he doesn't have any restrictions when it come to SWYPE over there. He can skin and update swype as much as he wants.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
XDA is the XDA-developers site. It has all sorts of stuff for winmo and such. His XDA versions are just the version of the ROM he releases over at the XDA site, because he doesn't have any restrictions when it come to SWYPE over there. He can skin and update swype as much as he wants.

so that means his xda update has the vibrating swype? lol i thought there was something funny about the swype from here on the lastest update

Guest buffpatel

Thanks for the quick reply Omega Ra.

That's quite interesting... So there are essentially 2 versions of each ROM floating around out there and the XDA version has some update/modifications to Swype? Has anyone used both versions - is there much difference in the functionality between the 2 ROMs? I'm kind of curious to locate the XDA version now and try it.

Guest Omega Ra
Thanks for the quick reply Omega Ra.

That's quite interesting... So there are essentially 2 versions of each ROM floating around out there and the XDA version has some update/modifications to Swype? Has anyone used both versions - is there much difference in the functionality between the 2 ROMs? I'm kind of curious to locate the XDA version now and try it.

go here

Guest Ninja4Hire
go here

Thanks Omega for holding down the thread!

XDA version will be up shortly. hopefully I can update all the roms with 21909 today....hopefully (it's Friday!)

Guest Omega Ra
Thanks Omega for holding down the thread!

XDA version will be up shortly. hopefully I can update all the roms with 21909 today....hopefully (it's Friday!)

not a problem :angry:

Guest snapz54

can anyone confirm whether or not their favorite apps panel on samsung today is working?? I can't change the apps is displays?

Ninja, I'm running your XDA 909 rom of this and I can't change the apps on the fav app panel of today? I know I've been able in past builds

Guest Ninja4Hire
can anyone confirm whether or not their favorite apps panel on samsung today is working?? I can't change the apps is displays?

Ninja, I'm running your XDA 909 rom of this and I can't change the apps on the fav app panel of today? I know I've been able in past builds

Are you saying the option to change them does not come up for you, or the changes don't stick? I don't have that rom on now, but I will put it on tomorrow and check it out.

Guest bmt10
Are you saying the option to change them does not come up for you, or the changes don't stick? I don't have that rom on now, but I will put it on tomorrow and check it out.

I could not change them either when I was using this rom(I've been changing them up trying out all the different ones here and currently have AMDZero's Sense rom), I could long tap them and then click "edit" but it would not do anything else, I tried the fixes you have listed earlier in the thread to no avail, a shame because I like the samsung today screen better than the widget one or sense.

I do love how lightly your rom runs however, with iphone today home screen it was showing 91mb of ram after a restart and always stayed high. I just wish this were on 6.5.5 that has the windows and ok button at the bottom or whatever version that is(I'm still new to all this).

Guest Ninja4Hire
I could not change them either when I was using this rom(I've been changing them up trying out all the different ones here and currently have AMDZero's Sense rom), I could long tap them and then click "edit" but it would not do anything else, I tried the fixes you have listed earlier in the thread to no avail, a shame because I like the samsung today screen better than the widget one or sense.

I do love how lightly your rom runs however, with iphone today home screen it was showing 91mb of ram after a restart and always stayed high. I just wish this were on 6.5.5 that has the windows and ok button at the bottom or whatever version that is(I'm still new to all this).

Working on a fix for this right now. Not sure what happened.

Also if you are looking for a light 6.5.5 rom, you should check out AMD's first roms http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...-rom-base-lite/

Guest jcarter32

Ninja,

Is there any way to put weather on the Today screen? Either weather bug or something similar as an edit option?

Thanks,

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja,

Is there any way to put weather on the Today screen? Either weather bug or something similar as an edit option?

Thanks,

Nope. The "Today Home Screen" thing is totally stolen from another phone. The whole UI is packed into a .dll file so I don't see any changes happening with the interface. I think Samsung actually stopped caring about it and moved onto getting their android phones looking good.

Guest jcarter32

Too bad..

Have you made any progress with the shortcuts that won't change? I could just do it through that.

Thanks for all your great work so far

Guest Ninja4Hire
Too bad..

Have you made any progress with the shortcuts that won't change? I could just do it through that.

Thanks for all your great work so far

not yet. I have no idea why they are not working all of the sudden. The strangest thing ever....

Guest alan112
not yet. I have no idea why they are not working all of the sudden. The strangest thing ever....

Hi Ninja,

The shortcuts problem is actually caused by the new Office 2010, if you change the shortcuts to what you want before installing Office they work fine. Was also fine before the last official Samsung update, it is a shame they seem to have forgotten about this phone...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Ninja4Hire
if anyone has any, can you upload a couple TodayContainerRC.dll files with different backgrounds???

Better yet, find some backgrounds you want, and I will put them in TodayContainers for you :D

This way you know you're getting something that you will want.

Guest amdzero
Better yet, find some backgrounds you want, and I will put them in TodayContainers for you :D

Ninja you're still alive? where you been?

Guest snapz54

you're Omnia phone background would be great, also, I trust your taste so anything you have around that you like I'm sure I'd dig it. But definately your omnia phone wallpaper.

good to hear from you sir.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja you're still alive? where you been?

Ah I have been extra busy as of late trying to fix up my house and work on various other projects. I still come here everyday :huh:

Oh FYI updates coming soon 21915 or 14... whatever I can get working.

snapz54,

I get that up for you in a sec.

Guest buffpatel
Oh FYI updates coming soon 21915 or 14... whatever I can get working.

So, updates are coming soon... Dude, that's awesome! I've been going through "flash withdrawal" the past few weeks. To me flashing seems almost like getting a brand new phone every few weeks. Thanks for all the hard work Ninja!

Guest Ninja4Hire
you're Omnia phone background would be great, also, I trust your taste so anything you have around that you like I'm sure I'd dig it. But definately your omnia phone wallpaper.

good to hear from you sir.

Tell me if this works for you. I could not test it, as I'm not running that rom right now.

Oh post a screen shot also if you can, for anyone else who might want to check it out.

TodayContainerRC.zip

Guest amdzero
Tell me if this works for you. I could not test it, as I'm not running that rom right now.

Oh post a screen shot also if you can, for anyone else who might want to check it out.

TodayContainerRC.zip

if you need help with sys or xip let me know, I haven't ported over in a while, but I'm here if you need help.