• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Why does the droid keyboard get so many bad reviews?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I dont think its that bad, but i do think the trackpad is worthless and wastes space, im intrigued because the droid always gets ripped in reviews because the keys dont have space between them and are flat, but the n900, xperia x2 are the same and nobody says nothing =/ , the n97 has space between the keys but its totally flat

Edited by Chad Petree

Posted

I dont think its that bad, but i do think the trackpad is worthless and wastes space, im intrigued because the droid always gets ripped in reviews because the keys dont have space between them and are flat, but the n900, xperia x2 are the same and nobody says nothing =/ , the n97 has space between the keys but its totally flat

hi all

I would just like to add that after a month of usage, the kbd looses its flatness and goes bombed like n900's

I'm quite happy with the kbd - even it's not 100% perfect

That's it for my small contribution

Posted

The keyboard is fine, infact for me personally it's almost perfect.

Took me all of about 4 hours to get used to it, now i can fly around the thing and almost touch type.

I don't even mind the big square navigation button thing, helps when you need to get in and take out a single letter within a miss-spelt workd or something AND it biggest use is for when I play games ;)

Posted (edited)

I was pleasantly surprised how usable it was after reading all the reviews. Dunno what they are complaining about. Not up to Touch Pro 2 standards but just as good as the N97 etc. and miles better than the X1. I also use the D-Pad a lot for moving the cursor around text documents and for jumping between fields on forms and they made it just the right size for thumb control. Only bit I don't understand is why they wasted 2 key spaces on the bottom left and right.

Edited by Metoo

Posted

i love the keyboard and as such, i beat this girl at work who tried to race me to find a youtube video. ;)