JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest manosandrea

Does anyone know where ( in the windows folder ??? ) is the START_MENU.exe ??????

(Maybe the .exe's name isn't exactly start_menu.exe )

Not the main menu , but the start menu ( the one that opens by clicking on the left side of the bottom bar - on ''start'')

I'm asking for that , in order to make a shortcut, cause , using Spb Mobile Shell, the bottom bar isn't visible , but only if you open a program ( whichever).

Thanks

Edited by manosandrea

So anyone can take it out as a cab and use it?

I don't see the PowerDic files in this rom (only one .lnk in there)

you may try the KDic version from Chinese JC4.

KDic (金山词霸), i8000uznjc4_kdic.cab (7 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/XHH8FOAZ5U

http://u.115.com/file/f3936219de

md5: 7c7d1257c78480c41ddcae3aafdcdf86

Edited by twu2

Guest wes58
I don't see the PowerDic files in this rom (only one .lnk in there)

you may try the KDic version from Chinese JC4.

KDic (金山词霸), i8000uznjc4_kdic.cab (7 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/XHH8FOAZ5U

http://u.115.com/file/f3936219de

md5: 7c7d1257c78480c41ddcae3aafdcdf86

As I said you can't see it because it's on hidden partition, but if you click on the link it opens.

If you want to find it you have to use for example Winhex and you will see almost 50MB of files for power dictionary.

So why would you want to make a cab if you can access it from the link?

Guest puga74
As many of us, i have this exact problem too.

So i installed G_Profile_0.75 and everything is an ok now.

Only problem is that g_profile uses about 1,3 mb ram.

On the other hand , i think this is the best rom we've ever had !!!!!!!!!!

Every rom , until now , has its bugs.This one too.But is far better, smoother, more stable , etc,etc...

Of course this is my personal opinion ( and believe me i had installed each and everyone of the ''official'' roms releashed , never used any cooked or lite one )

I think I found a remedy for the ringer bug. If I open touch player and make the changes (ring>vibrate>silent>ring) the settings doesn't already reset to 0. I then close touch player and try to make changes again (ring>vibrate>silent>ring) the settings doesn't still reset to 0.

The drawback is when I do a reboot and do changes immediately without opening touch player, the problem again exists. So I guess I have to open touch player and do the changes every time I reboot. Not an issue for me though as I only have to do it once every time I reboot. And I don't reboot that much anyway.

Guest AndrewTan

OK, Lastly I check and found the PowerDic.lnk at Windows folder also. (Why Samsung hide it?)

Below is the instruction to make PowerDic.lnk appear at Start Menu:

- Open Resco File Exporer 2010, click Menu --> Options --> General.

- Go to Browser tab, and make sure untick all.

- Copy the PowerDic.lnk from Windows to Windows\Start Menu\Programs using Resco File Explorer 2010.

- Right click the PowerDic.lnk and choose Properties.

- Untick Hidden (untick twice) at the Attributes.

Now you will seen the PowerDic appear at Start Menu.

4518164348_410789a59f_o.png4518172286_15604cdcfc_o.png

4517534515_d86302b69d_o.png4518167592_41836a3d3f_o.png

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest quizesilver
OK, Lastly I check and found the PowerDic.lnk at Windows folder also. (Why Samsung hide it?)

- Copy the PowerDic.lnk from Windows to Windows\Start Menu\Programs using Resco File Explorer 2010.

Hi Andrew

sorry to disturb

wan to check how to disable the sms notification for samsung sms?

i tried

your method

* Remove SMS sent notification without disabling the Samsung skinned SMS application (by AndrewTan, not tested myself yet)

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\setting and change the value from 1 to 0 of

SMSForegegroundSend - disable sms/mms successful send notification

SMSDeliveryReport - disable delivery notification

at here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-programs-faq/#

but i am unable to disable the notification. any advise?

Edited by quizesilver

Guest AndrewTan
Hi Andrew

sorry to disturb

wan to check how to disable the sms notification for samsung sms?

i tried

your method

* Remove SMS sent notification without disabling the Samsung skinned SMS application (by AndrewTan, not tested myself yet)

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\setting and change the value from 1 to 0 of

SMSForegegroundSend - disable sms/mms successful send notification

SMSDeliveryReport - disable delivery notification

at here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-programs-faq/#

but i am unable to disable the notification. any advise?

It work for me all the times, but I haven't test in latest JD1 ROM as I found it is not neccessary anymore, you won't get any notification if reply friend SMS. It only notified you when sending a new SMS. So I not ready bother about it anymore.

But it work in all previous ROM include those custom WM 6.5.x ROM which mean I believe it shall work in current JD1 as well.

Edit: I just try and it still working. The notification is successful disable. I change it via Resco Registry (from Resco File Explorer).

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest DunKnow

Hey thanks for the tip bro, haha, i did not even know there is an dictionary application in my phone, it is the very first time i am seeing it. HAHA

hmmm i found out i have memory leaks, after using the rom for one to two days, i am left with 20++mb of ram.. i am wondering which program caused this.

Edited by DunKnow

Guest fifd2005
I have the same problem. I already did a hard reset 3X the problem still exists. I reflashed and did a hard reset, still there. Seems to be a hard bug.

If you are using samsung today there is a vibrate button. It is generally hidden in the second tab (slide it)

You need to make sure that it is not active

When it is active it overwrites other profiles

Guest daskalos

Can I make a request?

Can anyone dump this with dskdump.exe and upload it somewhere for download?

Thanks in advance... I really need this in .bin format....

Guest dgmorland

For people that use S2U2 with the slide to answer incoming call screen, see the solution I have posted here.

The standard behaviour in this ROM is for the windows incoming call screen to override the S2U2 incoming call screen ;)

Guest thegunners
It work for me all the times, but I haven't test in latest JD1 ROM as I found it is not neccessary anymore, you won't get any notification if reply friend SMS. It only notified you when sending a new SMS. So I not ready bother about it anymore.

But it work in all previous ROM include those custom WM 6.5.x ROM which mean I believe it shall work in current JD1 as well.

Edit: I just try and it still working. The notification is successful disable. I change it via Resco Registry (from Resco File Explorer).

this trick for SMS Sent Notification not work in my phone and for SMS Delivery, no need to edit manually it's already configurable in message option.

Guest quizesilver

sadly not working

Guest AndrewTan

I don't know why that settting not working for some, but some is work.

For me, it always work. So I had no idea on it why not working.

Guest quizesilver
I don't know why that settting not working for some, but some is work.

For me, it always work. So I had no idea on it why not working.

live with it....

Guest vitozappa
Hmm i have put the language on dutch and installed with dutch choosen in the csc

but my callender days and moths is in Greek

and when i install spb shell its in greek too

Any way i can fix that ?

change it in system/regional settings to Nederlands (standaard) or Belgie (punt) ;)

Guest yeyejulian80
I have notice changes in Touch Player. Its better now but, the scrolling (in artist or album) is so slow that actually make it useful, this has been the same since first ROM i proved. Im am the onlyone who thinks that touchplayer is useful becouse of this?. (I has the cover albums in different folders with name "folder.jpg").

For me is incredible that samsung failed in creating a good player (its so much to ask?)

Thanks

agree here. slower is better for when flicking the pages.

Guest kydkylin
Are you using a website? Can you give me the link because the only site I'm looking at is http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp and its giving me a lot of trouble.

Thanks

Actually I used the 'Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader',provided by quattro formaggi.

Maybe this thread will give you some help:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...r/#entry1219533

Cheers!

Guest Red Bat
Octans 2.14 is OK.I used it without any errors~

Sorry, just wanna ask can I use Octans 2.14 or later version to flash rom if my desktop is Windows XP SP2 ?

Or that Windows XP SP3 is a must??

Thank you very much ;)

seems the JD1 is good.

Guest kydkylin
Sorry, just wanna ask can I use Octans 2.14 or later version to flash rom if my desktop is Windows XP SP2 ?

Or that Windows XP SP3 is a must??

Thank you very much ;)

seems the JD1 is good.

It's seems OK no matter your XP is SP2 or SP3.

For me, I used VISTA with XP SP2's mode,works very well.

I think this thread will also give you some help:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

Cheers

Guest Red Bat
It's seems OK no matter your XP is SP2 or SP3.

For me, I used VISTA with XP SP2's mode,works very well.

I think this thread will also give you some help:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

Cheers

Thanks, I asked the question because some threads around are saying that Windows XP SP3 is required in order to flash rom.

Just wanna make sure that my XP SP2 is good enough to flash. Otherwise, I cannot start to flash.

Guest kydkylin
Thanks, I asked the question because some threads around are saying that Windows XP SP3 is required in order to flash rom.

Just wanna make sure that my XP SP2 is good enough to flash. Otherwise, I cannot start to flash.

Well,I haven't tired to flash either on XP SP2 nor XP SP3.But for my humble understanding, flashing in SP2 is OK as flashing in SP2 mode has no problem in Vista.

If you really worry about this ,you could wait someone who has experenced flashing the rom under XP2 to give you the exact answer.

Cheers.