• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Desire ROM r20: How do I delete WaveSecure?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't find it in /system or /data and it can't be uninstalled, but nags me every time my N1 boots.

Posted

I can't find it in /system or /data and it can't be uninstalled, but nags me every time my N1 boots.

Wavesecure stay into /system partition. You can remove with adb commands.

Best regards ;)

Posted

U can cook a version in the online kitchen without Wavesecure.

I would keep it on though, for the peace-of-mind that if my phone is lost my emails/contacts or other personal details wont be in the hands of the wrong people.

Posted

If you really want to remove it, I think this should work...

adb remount
rm /system/wavesecure.apk

Posted

I believe this is what i usually use:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*wsandroid*

Posted

wavesecure rocks!

Posted

U can cook a version in the online kitchen without Wavesecure.

I would keep it on though, for the peace-of-mind that if my phone is lost my emails/contacts or other personal details wont be in the hands of the wrong people.

Kitchen is only for AD Free or Plus Members ;)

Posted

wavesecure rocks!
I may be missing something, but it looks like an expensive paid service and it's eating space on my /system partition.

Thanks to the folks who gave insight as to how to ditch it ;)

Posted

I may be missing something, but it looks like an expensive paid service and it's eating space on my /system partition.

It was free when I signed up for it, you should check and see if you can get it for free now. It's extremely useful (more for SMS backup than anything).

Posted

Titanium Backup will also uninstall from you system. The app just about will uninstall anything. Just adding another method.

Posted (edited)

Titanium Backup will also uninstall from you system. The app just about will uninstall anything. Just adding another method.

Tried it last night - Ti backup will not un-install wavesecure. The following, as suggested worked:

adb remount

Unfortunately, I missed the free offer (just got my phone). I know you can bake Wavesecure is part of the Kitchen, but that's also a trial version, isn't it? I'm going to give lookout security a try - appears very much like wavesecure & it's still free. I suppose I wouldn't mind Wavesecure, but missed the free offer. :-/

Edited by lithium1330

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much too.

adb remount

worked like a charm on my Blade with MoDaCo r12.

Edited by josephxx