I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Davidsjc

Hi Gary.

Your lastest ROM is amazing. Very fast, stable and functional.

I would like to make Sao Jose dos Campos as default, but it says Location Invalid. Could you help me with that?

Edited by Davidsjc

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary.

Your lastest ROM is amazing. Very fast, stable and functional.

I would like to make Sao Jose dos Campos as default, but it says Location Invalid. Could you help me with that?

Manually enter the following:

SAM|BR|BR012|SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS

this is for Sao Jose Dos Campos, BRAZIL

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Albert Widjaja
EVERYTHING!!!... :lol: B)

Backup your data (addresses-emails-etc) from IN the main storage "My Device"...

You can avoid eraser of your "My Storage" from the OCTANS if you check the "Preserve Device..." when you'll flash. Don't Hard Reset, if you do you'll lose all in "My Storage"!...

Plus you have to install manually, in "My Storage" preferably, any .CAB the chef have remove from his/hers ROM...

Good luck mate B)

many thanks for your response mate, I just found out that the forum reply was set to weekly digest.

Hi Gary,

I have been using your rom for some time now. And it is the rom i resort to after trying other roms.

I just flashed your latest iteration, everything seems fine but one small issue.

the 'X' and 'OK' buttons at the bottom right seem to not respond to touch properly.

I have tried a hard reset and even installed the sensitivity cab, but still no improvement.

I have to press multiple times and very hard in order to get those bottons to work.

I dont know if i am the only one experiencing the problem or others are. But if you or anyone has a solution to the problem please help me solve it.

thanks

Edited by redoxy

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

I have been using your rom for some time now. And it is the rom i resort to after trying other roms.

I just flashed your latest iteration, everything seems fine but one small issue.

the 'X' and 'OK' buttons at the bottom right seem to not respond to touch properly.

I have tried a hard reset and even installed the sensitivity cab, but still no improvement.

I have to press multiple times and very hard in order to get those bottons to work.

I dont know if i am the only one experiencing the problem or others are. But if you or anyone has a solution to the problem please help me solve it.

thanks

Go into menu / system and re-calibrate your screen, i.e., by touching the 4 areas with the '+' sign.

Guest redoxy
Go into menu / system and re-calibrate your screen, i.e., by touching the 4 areas with the '+' sign.

Thanks it worked but only after using a stylus instead of my fingers to calibrate the screen.

I have a request. Can you include the option to either 'close' or 'minimize' a program by prssing the 'X' botton. Say for instance, short press, will minimize and long press will close. I have tried looking for that option in the settings but couldn't find it.

So each time i have to use task manager to close program.

Thanks again for your great roms

Thanks it worked but only after using a stylus instead of my fingers to calibrate the screen.

I have a request. Can you include the option to either 'close' or 'minimize' a program by prssing the 'X' botton. Say for instance, short press, will minimize and long press will close. I have tried looking for that option in the settings but couldn't find it.

Yeah, i second that..can you please include the 'X' button to close aps in settings?

Guest kimitza

a question for all jg2/jh2 rom users : does your battery drains faster with these 2 roms? with Lancez's JE3 rom my omnia 2 lasted for 3-4 days on gsm usage. with jg2/jh2, 2 days max. i have jh2 eboot, jg4 pro csc and jf1 phone.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Yeah, i second that..can you please include the 'X' button to close aps in settings?

I have enabled the 'X' button to close apps. Whether it is working properly or not is a Samsung issue.

Guest redoxy
I have enabled the 'X' button to close apps. Whether it is working properly or not is a Samsung issue.

Ok so you know it is not working. I minimizes programs rather than close with single press. Long press doesn't function at all.

I dont know if there is something else you can do about it. But is it possible to allow for customization of the 'X' botton in your next rom. be cause i remember my stock rom had that function where you can customize it. So i made it minimize programs with single press and close with long press.

Also, it works on NRG's rom, so i think you can make it work.

thanks for your time and good work.

Hi, I've been using this ROM (21Sept2010) for 2 days, Great ROM, Thanks Gary.

found 1 problem this morning, I can go into camera mode, but I cannot take any picture.

Anyone same with me?

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi, I've been using this ROM (21Sept2010) for 2 days, Great ROM, Thanks Gary.

found 1 problem this morning, I can go into camera mode, but I cannot take any picture.

Anyone same with me?

Have not had any problems with the camera. My wife has been using the camera for a week now

and it works great.

Did you hard reset after flashing?

Have not had any problems with the camera. My wife has been using the camera for a week now

and it works great.

Did you hard reset after flashing?

Yup, you're right, I forgot to do the hard-reset.

Sorry for this stupid mistake I did.

I'm using:

GC_JH2_23689_Lite.nb0

I8000XEEJH2.csc

Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin

Eboot_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.eb0

works amazingly fast.

I've been using your ROM since JF5(18July2010), this is the best ROM I've tried,

well I guess my favorite now is 6.5.3

Thanks Gary, thanks a lot....

:)

Guest Gary Crutcher
Yup, you're right, I forgot to do the hard-reset.

Sorry for this stupid mistake I did.

I'm using:

GC_JH2_23689_Lite.nb0

I8000XEEJH2.csc

Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin

Eboot_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.eb0

works amazingly fast.

I've been using your ROM since JF5(18July2010), this is the best ROM I've tried,

well I guess my favorite now is 6.5.3

Thanks Gary, thanks a lot....

;)

Thanks for the nice feedback.

Happy it is working well for you. :)

Guest RBRiddick

Try with this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583002

Guest mightymouse1045

Hi Gary,

I have installed your latest rom GC_JH2_23689_Lite - you stated that you have patched the security check and signing for this ROM however when i try and copy shell32.exe or any .dll etc so I can make other mods to them I get access denied.

I don't know how easy it is for you to re patch this rom from your romdump.bin to ensure it is successfully patched but it would be appreciated so I can copy and modify these files

Thanks in advance!

BTW love the rom I will be sticking with it if I can get this security\signing issue sorted :)

Guest kimitza
Hi Gary,

I have installed your latest rom GC_JH2_23689_Lite - you stated that you have patched the security check and signing for this ROM however when i try and copy shell32.exe or any .dll etc so I can make other mods to them I get access denied.

I don't know how easy it is for you to re patch this rom from your romdump.bin to ensure it is successfully patched but it would be appreciated so I can copy and modify these files

Thanks in advance!

BTW love the rom I will be sticking with it if I can get this security\signing issue sorted :)

use wes romtool to disable driver signing :). it's easy

Guest mightymouse1045
use wes romtool to disable driver signing :). it's easy

I thought this only worked with romdumps of official roms. As this is a cooked ROM (.NBO file instead of .MST) I thought it won't allow that. Doesn't it have to be done on the original?

Quote from "sinancetinkaya" user:

You are not able to patch a cooked rom because the "all packages to one" protects roms from extraction

If you're using a cooked rom, you'll have to wait your cooker to update his rom.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I thought this only worked with romdumps of official roms. As this is a cooked ROM (.NBO file instead of .MST) I thought it won't allow that. Doesn't it have to be done on the original?

Quote from "sinancetinkaya" user:

You are not able to patch a cooked rom because the "all packages to one" protects roms from extraction

If you're using a cooked rom, you'll have to wait your cooker to update his rom.

I didn't make the rom with "all packages to one".