I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Khisha

Hi Gary.

Little request from your humble fan and donor for future builds: Please leave Samsung today and Opera intact, or at least provide them as cabs.

Thank you.

Guest jebise
Hi Gary.

Little request from your humble fan and donor for future builds: Please leave Samsung today and Opera intact, or at least provide them as cabs.

Thank you.

What you say above is the reason why i didn't keep garys ROM this time, why use opera 9.7? when you can get opera 10 which is faster and better? Plus 9.7 has been uploaded many times here just do a search. I can understand samsung today but again this is a lite ROM and just get his first JD1 release that had opera 9.7.

All cabs can be found on twu2 post for JD1 so check his post even though he created his own ROM the cabs will still work fine aka samsung today. Gary really can't please everyone coz everyone has there own preferences.

@ Gary

5MB RAM difference between April 11 and 12th ROM's what did you change besides removing opera?

Edited by jebise

Guest Khisha
why use opera 9.7? when you can get opera 10 which is faster and better? Plus 9.7 has been uploaded many times here just do a search. I can understand samsung today but again this is a lite ROM and just get his first JD1 release that had opera 9.7.

All cabs can be found on twu2

@ Gary

5MB RAM difference between April 11 and 12th ROM's what did you change besides removing opera?

Your self assurance makes me smile.

1. Because there are things you can't do with Opera 10. Opera 10 is more RAM consuming.

2. Because cooked-in app works much faster than installed. Especially when we talk about launcher shell.

2. Sinan mentioned that files that those cabs will not definitely fit other ROMs. It depends on the extract process.

3. Apr 12 is 6.5.5 in case you haven't noticed the difference.

Guest plguzman

Well, I need somebody to explain me the difference between 6.5.3 and 6.5.5. I know they come from different branches, but performance wise I haven't been able to tell what's the difference.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary,

Where can I get the Cab for FM radio for this lite ROM? Thanks

FM Radio was not removed, but I see the link is not in the Start Menu.

Just copy the \Windows\fmradio.lnk to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Actually, just looked in initflashfiles.dat and it was commented out. MS must

have done this as I didn't.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Namar
Just discovered the link for the radio that MS provided is bad.

Here is a link that works. Just copy to: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

fmradio.zip

The zip file is empty. I guess you forgot to add the file.

Edited by Namar

Guest Gary Crutcher
The zip file is empty. I guess you forgot to add the file.

Zip is not empty - just downloaded it.

It contains FM Radio.lnk file.

Guest skoda60
Hi Gary,

You mean you the lite rom dispay chinese characters on notepad without installation of NewForce cab? Do you have to install or tweak anything to get it to display chinese.

Anyway, great job on the rom.

Dommu

Since Gary can saw the chinese characters on the notepad menu. It will worked for chinese, no need to installed readind Chinese.cab into it. You installed more will mesh up the system font. Set regional languages to Chinese(Taiwan) for traditional Chinese.txt else Chines(PRC) for Simplified Chinese. Please don't installed driod_font.cab into the Omnia2 unless you need Korea and Japan and made me troubleshoot for adarian money(see attached) not working properly . It let spend many hours on hard reset and installed programs. .

I had not tested this version but tried on twu2 lite version. it worked well on Chinese. I will tested this as soon as possible.

post-433401-1271134648_thumb.png

Guest dommu
Since Gary can saw the chinese characters on the notepad menu. It will worked for chinese, no need to installed readind Chinese.cab into it. You installed more will mesh up the system font. Set regional languages to Chinese(Taiwan) for traditional Chinese.txt else Chines(PRC) for Simplified Chinese. Please don't installed driod_font.cab into the Omnia2 unless you need Korea and Japan and made me troubleshoot for adarian money(see attached) not working properly . It let spend many hours on hard reset and installed programs. .

I had not tested this version but tried on twu2 lite version. it worked well on Chinese. I will tested this as soon as possible.

Ok, have remove the display chinese cab and still can't see the chinese characters. Try the full version JD1 from kydkylin thread and did not have any luck either.

Guest quizesilver
Ok, have remove the display chinese cab and still can't see the chinese characters. Try the full version JD1 from kydkylin thread and did not have any luck either.

i am able to see chinese wording...

Guest Gary Crutcher

For those of you who wanted my JD1 lite with the Samsung Today,

I will be posting it later today along with pagepool patches.

The default is Windows Default Today screen, but you can change it to Samsung Today in settings.

Samsung Widgets removed.

m.carroll PureBlack3 installed

Opera v9.7 removed - you can installed whatever version of Opera you want.

MySoftReset installed.

A little over 240 mb free program space and 92-94MB free ram. Your mileage may vary.

The today screenshot has m.carroll PureBlack 3 theme installed to remove the ugly red menu

bar at the bottom.

post-557795-1271140132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest charly_mx

I dont know if you have experienced this guys, but everytime i get sms, i see that the messages are displayed as pending but wheni go into the messagin app i cannot see them. Of course i check if im not in the outlook account, im the messaging account but i cannot see the messages, anyone eslse expriencind this??

Guest quizesilver

The default is Windows Default Today screen, but you can change it to Samsung Today in settings.

Samsung Widgets removed.

m.carroll PureBlack3 installed

Opera v9.7 removed - you can installed whatever version of Opera you want.

MySoftReset installed.

A little over 240 mb free program space and 92-94MB free ram. Your mileage may vary.

The today screenshot has m.carroll PureBlack 3 theme installed to remove the ugly red menu

bar at the bottom.

post-557795-1271140132_thumb.jpg

haha actually i quite nice the nice red

something different for a change ;)

Guest Khisha

Thank you very much, Gary!

Guest pbandoeng

My first experience of flashing my Omnia 2. Thanks Gary ;)

I use Octan mini for the flashing process and take me around 15 minutes without any problem.

Got 85 MB Free for the RAM

by the way how to use hte Pagepool?

Guest skoda60

weir. Did you installed other font beside Chinese. I had experience before, if I installed Thai font, all the Chinese Characters became square. which csc were you using?

I had flashed with full JD1(Greet), JC1 intalian version and set language to English(UK) before flashing. I can read Chinese without any problem.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher
My first experience of flashing my Omnia 2. Thanks Gary ;)

I use Octan mini for the flashing process and take me around 15 minutes without any problem.

Got 85 MB Free for the RAM

by the way how to use hte Pagepool?

Read the directions in the pagepool zip file in post #1.

Guest skoda60

Thank Gary! it worked for me and great. After installed all my programs free storage memory 136mb and free program memory 90mb after boot.

Again I had the efficient wm6.1 pop up menu style. If I done a hard reset fellow restored back the installed programs, the pop up menu change back to wm6.5 style.

post-433401-1271151687_thumb.jpg