how to recover data from nandroid backup?

Guest otnateos

Guest otnateos

Hi,

I was finally convinced to replace stock rooted ROM and use Modaco 3.2, I performed backup before the flashing and I would like to recover the data such as Contacts, Message History.

I have tried to use Titanium backup prior to flashing but it kept stop when asking SU permission, or stop at 99% when trying to download busybox.

Is there a way to recover data from nandroid backup? or do i have to restore my original backup and try to make Titanium backup works first?

Thanks for any guide.

Guest jay8ee
Hi,

I was finally convinced to replace stock rooted ROM and use Modaco 3.2, I performed backup before the flashing and I would like to recover the data such as Contacts, Message History.

I have tried to use Titanium backup prior to flashing but it kept stop when asking SU permission, or stop at 99% when trying to download busybox.

Is there a way to recover data from nandroid backup? or do i have to restore my original backup and try to make Titanium backup works first?

Thanks for any guide.

You cant back up partially from a nandroid backup, as far as I know anyway. I would restore the nandroid backup from the recovery image screen and back your data up when your phone is back to how it was. Then try find another method. There are a few apps for backing up contact etc.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest stasia8954
On 4/11/2010 at 7:25 PM, otnateos said:

Hi,

Thanks for any guide.

Launch the Nandroid app and there is a restore option from the app. Then follow the instructions as it tells. 

Edited by stasia8954