Easy to create your lite rom like me...

Guest twu2

Guest everson

Hello,

I selected only the MyOEM in BuildOS and have had great success in creating a ROM Ultra-lite for the PT-PT. I modified the files .mui in their CABs for the PT-PT and everything worked! Thank you!

Now I'm testing things and found some problems.

In the BuildOS I selected some packages (eg: games, MyPhone, Clock, Touch Calendar ...). However, after flashing this ROM, I found some problems:

1) Some programs have already reported the bug here:

"... Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate ..."

2) The shortcut of some programs has not been installed in the Start Menu, but all the package files are in the Windows folder.

However, some programs worked correctly.

What could it be?

Another question:

I like to modify some entries in the Windows Registry before installing another ROM. I checked the registry settings are in the RGU files, which are sub-folders in OEM.

After the DUMP I can modify these files before you run PHP?

Thanks again for your help!

PS.: Sorry my English!

1. could you give me an example, what package you selected in BuildOS, and what program will show the error after flash the rom?

2. usually the shortcut will create in .provxml file, but if there's some error in the file, it will be skipped. do you this version's script? or just the one in v2? I made some .provxml template in this, it might solve this issue.

I8000NXXJD3_lite_v2.7z (31 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/B5RAPYKIBU

usually, I put the registry value in the rgu file under zzzzzMyMods folder, you can add your setting here, or just create another OEM package and select it in BuildOS.

Guest Morpheouss

at step6, at the start of processing the dumped rom,

it gives a warning message:

"Warning! .nb/.bin has no PDA header"

What have i done wrong here?

Can I proceed with the rest of the steps?

Edited by Morpheouss

Guest everson
1. could you give me an example, what package you selected in BuildOS, and what program will show the error after flash the rom?

2. usually the shortcut will create in .provxml file, but if there's some error in the file, it will be skipped. do you this version's script? or just the one in v2? I made some .provxml template in this, it might solve this issue.

I8000NXXJD3_lite_v2.7z (31 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/B5RAPYKIBU

usually, I put the registry value in the rgu file under zzzzzMyMods folder, you can add your setting here, or just create another OEM package and select it in BuildOS.

I used v1 of your script. I had not seen before that you had posted another script.

The programs that had the error mentioned are:

Solitare

Calculator

Are those programs that I remember now!

Guest sonblack
a question:

how build 21xxx or 23xxx... rom. thank :huh:

This is the tool (use PHP code) for separating Samsung Applications in original ROM dump from I8000.

Edited by sonblack

Guest kydkylin

Some feedback about the new JD3 lite:

1.the samsung app.lnk and rich Internet still in the start menu though I didn't choose them in the buildos.

2.could made all the inputs method, as xt9, Block Recognizer, Keybord Letter Recognizer , as OEM can be choose to install or not in your next version?

Thx a lot, twu2!

Always preciate your excellent work!!!

Guest twu2
1.the samsung app.lnk and rich Internet still in the start menu though I didn't choose them in the buildos.

2.could made all the inputs method, as xt9, Block Recognizer, Keybord Letter Recognizer , as OEM can be choose to install or not in your next version?

1. it created in CSC, you need to dump the CSC, remove it then build a lite CSC.

2. I'm not sure all IME can be removed or not, but some of them could be.

Guest kydkylin
1. it created in CSC, you need to dump the CSC, remove it then build a lite CSC.

2. I'm not sure all IME can be removed or not, but some of them could be.

1.Thx. I found them now.

2.I tried to delete some IME myself, and found just making samsung keyboard reserved is enough. So maybe can choose them in BuildOS would be fine. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest twu2
I used v1 of your script. I had not seen before that you had posted another script.

The programs that had the error mentioned are:

Solitare

Calculator

Are those programs that I remember now!

I made some test today, the solitare have this issue (because I miss one .rgu for this, I'll fix it in next release), but the calculator work fine during my test.

Guest gandalf63

hello

is that someone can help me

with line 10 of the tutorial

I just can not run the command I am i8000lite.php blocks

My operating system is XP

I could not get it working again

excuse me for my English

10. open a command prompt, change to the I8000NXXJD1 folder, make sure the php command work fine for 'c:\php\php.exe -v', then execute 'c:\php\php.exe -Cq i8000lite.php' like this:

UNABLE TO WALK A

thank you for your help

Guest everson

Hello twu2,

I think the problem with some programs make the error "... Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate ..." is related to the Greek language configured in the "Regional Settings" when you install the version of the CSC Official JD5. I changed the CSC, including the file Imeixxx.pfg, for my region (BR-Portuguese) and the problem was solved.

Guest jh787
copy and change the file we need for LZX compression.

Hello everybody.

Could someone please explain where i should be copying this for LZX compression from and to?

Guest rossini
Hello twu2,

I think the problem with some programs make the error "... Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate ..." is related to the Greek language configured in the "Regional Settings" when you install the version of the CSC Official JD5. I changed the CSC, including the file Imeixxx.pfg, for my region (BR-Portuguese) and the problem was solved.

E aí Everson...

cara... muito bom ver um brasileiro aqui que saca de construção de roms... se não for muito incomodo, podemos nos comunicar (msn, e-mail....) pra vc me passar algumas dicas sobre como construir uma rom em PT-BR?!... ou se vc já tiver conseguido fazê-la, pode compartilhar?!

Até hoje não tive coragem de flashear algo mais que meu PDA, pra não perder meu CSC brasileiro (e também por toda a lenda que gira em torno dos I8000L... da chance de bricar se flashear o E-boot e tal..).

Enfim... ficaria muito grato com sua ajuda.

Grande abraço.

What's up Everson,

man... it's good to see a brazilian that knows about cooking... I woul like to talk to you for some tips about cooking a BR-PT rom... or having one that you already cooked.

Best regards.

Edited by rossini

Guest everson
E aí Everson...

cara... muito bom ver um brasileiro aqui que saca de construção de roms... se não for muito incomodo, podemos nos comunicar (msn, e-mail....) pra vc me passar algumas dicas sobre como construir uma rom em PT-BR?!... ou se vc já tiver conseguido fazê-la, pode compartilhar?!

Até hoje não tive coragem de flashear algo mais que meu PDA, pra não perder meu CSC brasileiro (e também por toda a lenda que gira em torno dos I8000L... da chance de bricar se flashear o E-boot e tal..).

Enfim... ficaria muito grato com sua ajuda.

Grande abraço.

What's up Everson,

man... it's good to see a brazilian that knows about cooking... I woul like to talk to you for some tips about cooking a BR-PT rom... or having one that you already cooked.

Best regards.

Olá rossini,

Entre na comunidade do orkut "SAMSUNG OMNIA II I8000 ®" que lá está rolando uma boa discussão sobre ROMs. Eu mesmo já criei uma ROM Lite PT-PT JD3 utilizando a ajuda do pessoal aqui da MODACO (wes58, twu2, sorg, entre outros). O CSC eu tbm modifiquei para aceitar as operadoras do Brasil.

Para construir uma ROM atual em PT-BR o problema está na Samsung disponibilizar ou não uma ROM para o Brasil, pois as que existem são muito antigas. É necessário que a ROM base seja em PT-BR, devido aos arquivos .MUI em que estão os idiomas dos programas OEM e do SO. O CSC tbm necessita ter o suporte PT-BR.

Enquanto a Samsung não lança uma ROM atual para o Brasil, é possível apenas desenvolver ROMs para o idioma PT-PT (que é o mais próximo de nosso idioma).

Aguardo vc lá na comunidade.

Edited by everson

Guest Clemenzo

Hi twu2,

What should we do to include some of the programs you have removed? For example, I like to cook my rom with the chinese fonts, samsung dialer, etc. Could you provide some guidance on this? How can I remove file explorer too?

Thank you for the cooking guide. May I suggest to add some comments for the purpose/objective for each step? This would help amateurs understand why they are done.

Guest twu2
What should we do to include some of the programs you have removed? For example, I like to cook my rom with the chinese fonts, samsung dialer, etc. Could you provide some guidance on this? How can I remove file explorer too?

1. just select them from BuildOS, then it should build to the rom.

2. you need to know the files related to such application, then create a text file under LITE\OEM\, each line for one file of them, and also append them to LITE\deleted_files.txt, then run the php script will move them, and create a OEM package for this.

Guest Clemenzo
1. just select them from BuildOS, then it should build to the rom.

2. you need to know the files related to such application, then create a text file under LITE\OEM\, each line for one file of them, and also append them to LITE\deleted_files.txt, then run the php script will move them, and create a OEM package for this.

1. Does this refer to step 13 in your guide? I see a full list of apps instead of just "My OEM", am I doing something wrong?

2. How do I get started identifying the files/registry settings related to a program for proper removal? I suppose there is a guide somewhere that you have used to remove those apps successfully?

Thank you for your prompt response!

Guest twu2
1. Does this refer to step 13 in your guide? I see a full list of apps instead of just "My OEM", am I doing something wrong?

2. How do I get started identifying the files/registry settings related to a program for proper removal? I suppose there is a guide somewhere that you have used to remove those apps successfully?

Thank you for your prompt response!

1. maybe you use the old scripts, or you don't have any .txt files under LITE\OEM\

2. no any guild for this, if someone already make a cab for this, you can learn it from the cab... if no one make it... you can search the .provxml/.rgu/initflashfiles.dat try to find the files or setting, then... try it by yourself.

Guest Clemenzo
1. maybe you use the old scripts, or you don't have any .txt files under LITE\OEM\

2. no any guild for this, if someone already make a cab for this, you can learn it from the cab... if no one make it... you can search the .provxml/.rgu/initflashfiles.dat try to find the files or setting, then... try it by yourself.

I was using v2 of the scripts, would try again with v3. Thank you for your advice!

Guest Clemenzo
I was using v2 of the scripts, would try again with v3. Thank you for your advice!

Just retried with v3 and can see My OEM in BuildOS now. My LITE folder has only 3 files:

deleted_files.txt, deleted_registry.txt and lang.txt. The files in LITE\OEM were moved into \OEM. zzzzzMyMods was also moved into \OEM.

Where do I select removed programs to be included into my rom? I do not see such option in BuildOS. Could you provide some steps as an example?