Easy to create your lite rom like me...

Guest twu2

Guest twu2
the target file 'temp \ dump \ custsat.dll "is a directory and not a file

so.. it's really a directory or a file?

in zzzzzMyMods, it's a file. (but in a official rom dump, it's a directory)

maybe you don't run the php script (or it's failed), so the original custat.dll still in your SYS folder, and you add zzzzzMyMods to your OEM folder, when romtool want to copy custat.dll from zzzzzMyMods to dump folder, it will have this error.

Edited by twu2

Guest twu2
Hi Twu2,

What should I select in BuildOS to restore the "Comm Manager" back into WM settings > Connections?

What's 'Comm Manager'? Are you talking about 'Wireless Manager' (this in the rom, and I can see it in the connections)?

Guest everson

Hello twu2,

Can I use your script (for example, JE2) to build a customized PDA (for WM6.5) using an older original ROM (eg IJ2 Brazil)?

The same goes for the JE1 script in a JD3 ROM (for WM6.5.3), for example??

Guest twu2

yes, exactly, the script is same for all.

but.. the setting under LITE folder is different. you still can use same LITE setting for all, it will only move the files in the setting, others will keep it the rom.

for example, in 6.5.3 rom, there's no bubble breaker, samsung cube, samsung mainmenu, but in a 6.5 rom, we've that.

so if you use a LITE setting for 6.5.3 in a 6.5 rom, the above 3 package won't be moved out the rom as a OEM package, it will stay in the rom.

and for some case, for a same package, the file list may be different in different version, so the script maybe not move all of files for the package to OEM folder, some files will keep in the rom.

if you build a rom with such package, the files already in the rom, so no problem for this.

if you build a rom without such package, it won't affect anything, but only allocate some device space for such files of the package, and you will never use it.

Guest Clemenzo
Hi Twu2,

What should I select in BuildOS to restore the "Comm Manager" back into WM settings > Connections?

I'll try get some screenshots

Guest twu2
twu2 how can i add programs like (s2u2 , total commander ...est) ??

execute tools\OEMizer.exe to add a OEM package from a cab file, then you can select it from buildos.

Guest Clemenzo
I'll try get some screenshots

Sorry Twu2, I realized the Comm Manager is not in the full JE2 rom. Must have been a shortcut added by other chefs. I believe Kydkylin cooked his JE1+Sense referencing your guide. His rom has the Comm Manager. Anyway, I asked because there was an error when sending SMS with nOObody & Rapid's sense 2.5 cab but not pursuing it anymore. Thank you for your help!

Guest twu2
Twu2, I clicked on the new version here at the first post, it went to modaco news.

you can get the newest version from JE1 or JE2 lite thread.

Guest gandalf63
so.. it's really a directory or a file?

in zzzzzMyMods, it's a file. (but in a official rom dump, it's a directory)

maybe you don't run the php script (or it's failed), so the original custat.dll still in your SYS folder, and you add zzzzzMyMods to your OEM folder, when romtool want to copy custat.dll from zzzzzMyMods to dump folder, it will have this error.

is a directory

Guest twu2
is a directory

so it could be:

1. you don't execute the i8000lite.php script

2. there's some error for execute the i8000lite.php script.

because the directory should move to deleted folder by the script.

Guest gandalf63

hello

When I run Build PDA and I start BuildOS I end up with error (the file 'temp \ dump \ imageinfo.bin' already exists

I look everywhere but I can not find the answer

when I Redard in the folder 'dump' file is the file 'SYS \ MyPhoneLauncher.cpl

fixed error file up in the wrong place

Another error on BuildOS

Error, family status "Processing: OEM OEMApps \ ... searching for file dsm"

In fact the message Error, family status "Processing: OEM OEMApps \ ... searching for file dsm"

is a problem of duplicate

duplicates of all my problems have been solved

*** File has now Created xip_out.bin

Error message! ROM Building Failed.

how to solve the problem

Another problem

Realloc IMGFS modules .....> Error 2

Reallocation Error...

Exited... XipPort.exe

Exited... Extreloc.exe

***Created Files xip_out.bin

Error! ROM Building Failed

Edited by gandalf63

Guest mostafa54

Hi TWU2

thanks for your script and guide to build rom . I have a problem that repeat with rom tools version 2.2 up to 3 . i attach the picture of my problem to creating my rom. please help me . the strange " creating registry ..." error :rolleyes:

thanks for your help

post-672259-1274459928_thumb.jpg

Guest mostafa54
copy cabarc.exe from your old kitchen's tools folder to the new version's tools folder.

Good job ! graet ! :rolleyes:

works perfectly :D . at last i succeeded to build my own cooked rom and i flashed to my phone . the result is unbelievable ! : there is 320 meg free memory in " my storage " ! a lot of unnecessary program deleted perfectly . the phone work great .

Thanks again very much twu2

i have a little quesion : what need to do if i want to revert to my original rom ( rom_dump.bin ) ?

|

Edited by mostafa54

Guest twu2
i have a little quesion : what need to do if i want to revert to my original rom ( rom_dump.bin ) ?

use romtool convert it to .nb0 (it's .nb format, just need to add a header).

Guest mostafa54
use romtool convert it to .nb0 (it's .nb format, just need to add a header).

Thanks very much twu2 :rolleyes: .

nice guide , nice script , nice help !