thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest panthersfan
Installed this the My Storage. Word gives me a blank white box with an x in the middle and one of the other apps doesn't even open up.

Does this need to be installed to Device memory?

Robert

I installed twice to device and the same thing..

Guest thekevster

i looked on marketplace and apparently the cab only works if you have a previous version of office on your device running 6.5

looks like the only way to fix it is flashing to update version which i will try to have later tonight.

you could try installing the beta then try to install from marketplace and see if it works.

Guest robertjm

Affraid not. FWIW, when I tried installing Office 2010 through the Marketplace application it downloaded it, but bombed at the last second telling me it could not be installed.

i would try installing to device and see if it works then

post-369404-1273797897_thumb.jpg

Guest panthersfan
i looked on marketplace and apparently the cab only works if you have a previous version of office on your device running 6.5

looks like the only way to fix it is flashing to update version which i will try to have later tonight.

you could try installing the beta then try to install from marketplace and see if it works.

Yep, I installed 6.1 and made sure it was ok. Then installed 2k10 and tested, seems to be all good.

Guest panthersfan

Ok, one more question. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not but, ActiveSync used to sync with Exchange almost immediatly on 6.1 but, with this version it takes a while, like 5 or 10 minutes. I checked the settings and it is set to "as messages arrive" or whatever it is.

Anyone else seeing this? Just curious...

Guest robertjm

Thanks guys! Reinstalling Office 6.1 and then going to the Marketplace fixed the problems! What's funny is that I had just uninstalled Office 6.1 since I didn't want to have two versions on my phone. :)

Totally unrelated question. Is anyone whose using this ROM also using iContacts? If so, have you been able to get it to run as the default contact manager? I'm using the M2D only ROM right now. I've followed the instructions to change the registry for MSCONTACTS, but even with that changed it's not working. About the only place, other than the iContacts button that runs it is the "All People" button when I'm on the People tab.

Robert

Guest bobzoron
Thanks guys! Reinstalling Office 6.1 and then going to the Marketplace fixed the problems! What's funny is that I had just uninstalled Office 6.1 since I didn't want to have two versions on my phone. :)

Totally unrelated question. Is anyone whose using this ROM also using iContacts? If so, have you been able to get it to run as the default contact manager? I'm using the M2D only ROM right now. I've followed the instructions to change the registry for MSCONTACTS, but even with that changed it's not working. About the only place, other than the iContacts button that runs it is the "All People" button when I'm on the People tab.

Robert

I'm running iContacts and iDialer. I got AEButton Plus and for a while had "iContacts -recents" set as my contact manager to run when I hit the green button (send key) once; when I hit green button twice, it would go to iDialer. The disadvantage, though, is that iDialer doesn't currently work to send tones during a call. I always go back to the regular WinMo dialpad if I need to send tones during a call.

Just fyi, I've noticed a weird issue with the red button (end key). If I'm on a call and the screen is off, hitting the end key does not wake up the phone to end the call. I think this may be an issue with AEButton Plus, but I have no real way to test that.

Guest thekevster
Ok, one more question. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not but, ActiveSync used to sync with Exchange almost immediatly on 6.1 but, with this version it takes a while, like 5 or 10 minutes. I checked the settings and it is set to "as messages arrive" or whatever it is.

Anyone else seeing this? Just curious...

its hard to tell if the problem is with the ROM or with the server. i have active sync set to sync my university email with exchange server and i usually get emails almost instantaneously, sometimes there is a minute or two delay though.

Robert

the default contact manager for m2d is hard-coded into the exe file so you would have to hack the exe and edit the coding which is well beyond my skills. the only reason it works on the all people tab is because the soft keys for m2d are controlled by the registry.

I'm running iContacts and iDialer. I got AEButton Plus and for a while had "iContacts -recents" set as my contact manager to run when I hit the green button (send key) once; when I hit green button twice, it would go to iDialer. The disadvantage, though, is that iDialer doesn't currently work to send tones during a call. I always go back to the regular WinMo dialpad if I need to send tones during a call.

Just fyi, I've noticed a weird issue with the red button (end key). If I'm on a call and the screen is off, hitting the end key does not wake up the phone to end the call. I think this may be an issue with AEButton Plus, but I have no real way to test that.

i think it may be a bug with AEButton Plus, i havent experienced this problem before.

Guest robertjm

Ah, so maybe there is a reason for sticking with Titanium then :)

Thanks for the followup. I was getting a little batty trying to figure it out. Not that I'm going to be able to do it, but which .exe would be need to be hacked...M2D.exe or something else? For now I could probably hack the Contact button on the Actions screen since that uses an .lnk file for direction.

...the default contact manager for m2d is hard-coded into the exe file so you would have to hack the exe and edit the coding which is well beyond my skills. the only reason it works on the all people tab is because the soft keys for m2d are controlled by the registry...

Guest thekevster
Ah, so maybe there is a reason for sticking with Titanium then :)

Thanks for the followup. I was getting a little batty trying to figure it out. Not that I'm going to be able to do it, but which .exe would be need to be hacked...M2D.exe or something else? For now I could probably hack the Contact button on the Actions screen since that uses an .lnk file for direction.

yes, it would be manila2d.exe. the action screen does refer to .lnk files, so you would just have to create a shortcut and place it wherever. then you would have to edit the registry for that button and change the path of the .lnk file to wherever you have the shortcut at.

Guest panthersfan
its hard to tell if the problem is with the ROM or with the server. i have active sync set to sync my university email with exchange server and i usually get emails almost instantaneously, sometimes there is a minute or two delay though.

the default contact manager for m2d is hard-coded into the exe file so you would have to hack the exe and edit the coding which is well beyond my skills. the only reason it works on the all people tab is because the soft keys for m2d are controlled by the registry.

i think it may be a bug with AEButton Plus, i havent experienced this problem before.

I would say it's the server but I was syncing almost real time before flashing DC22 and the bin..... BUT.... if it was DC22 or the bin, you would be having the same problem.

Guest thekevster
I would say it's the server but I was syncing almost real time before flashing DC22 and the bin..... BUT.... if it was DC22 or the bin, you would be having the same problem.

i would be having the same problem if it was the ROM too though. i tested mine by sending an email from my hotmail account to my exchange server account and my phone went off less than 15 seconds after i hit send telling me i had a new email. sometimes it varies though. sometimes it takes 30 seconds, sometimes it takes up to a few minuts.

Guest robertjm

Just tried it at 3pm PAC and it worked just fine.

Robert

Anyone else having an issue syncing with My Phone? Doesn't seem to be able to connect.

Guest panthersfan
i would be having the same problem if it was the ROM too though. i tested mine by sending an email from my hotmail account to my exchange server account and my phone went off less than 15 seconds after i hit send telling me i had a new email. sometimes it varies though. sometimes it takes 30 seconds, sometimes it takes up to a few minuts.

That's how mine was syncing before. I did the same test from Yahoo to Exchange and it took 9 minutes before it hit my handset. I wiped the Exchange account from the phone and added it back, took a LONG time to sync the first time. I think its the Exhcange server, I'm going to reboot it tomorrow and see if it clears up.

Guest thekevster
Anyone else having an issue syncing with My Phone? Doesn't seem to be able to connect.

try setting up the data connection manually and see if it fixes it. there was one time i couldnt get marketplace to work until i set up the connection manually. only happened once though and i havent had the problem again.

That's how mine was syncing before. I did the same test from Yahoo to Exchange and it took 9 minutes before it hit my handset. I wiped the Exchange account from the phone and added it back, took a LONG time to sync the first time. I think its the Exhcange server, I'm going to reboot it tomorrow and see if it clears up.

let me know how it works out. i think there might be several factors that affect it though (signal strength, 3g speed, how quickly yahoo sends it out, etc.)

Guest panthersfan
try setting up the data connection manually and see if it fixes it. there was one time i couldnt get marketplace to work until i set up the connection manually. only happened once though and i havent had the problem again.

let me know how it works out. i think there might be several factors that affect it though (signal strength, 3g speed, how quickly yahoo sends it out, etc.)

I know that this problem is off topic at this point but:

I've made some progress and will post the solution if I find one incase someone comes across this thread with the same problem. Here is what I did without success:

- Reboot Exchange Server

- Remove and recreate the profile on the device

- Delete and recreate my mailbox

- Verified mobile settings on my user account in Active Directory

- Deleted all devices on my account in MobileAdmin

I removed the profile and added another user account and it works fine. The issue appears to be specific to my account. I dont want to blow my account away and create a new one incase I see this happen again. I did see several posts on other boards and they seem to be specific to HTC and TP2.

I will post the solution if I find one.

Guest drthtater

Installed the first titanium file today, and all it does is hang at the orange Windows screen when it starts up. Either that, or it'll say that XDA_UC needs me to press ok to start, but when I press OK, it'll just hang.

Any ideas on what needs to be done?

In the meantime, I'll start downloading v1 and flash again...

Thanks for your hard work!

Guest ebidar
Installed the first titanium file today, and all it does is hang at the orange Windows screen when it starts up. Either that, or it'll say that XDA_UC needs me to press ok to start, but when I press OK, it'll just hang.

Any ideas on what needs to be done?

In the meantime, I'll start downloading v1 and flash again...

Thanks for your hard work!

Did you try touching the upper left corner? Every time I flash my phone I have to do this the first time it loads windows completely.

In original post by Kevster he has these instructions: on first boot, tap the top left corner on the orange windows screen to get past it.

For some reason they are not on this post. but that should help.

Edited by ebidar

Guest CleaverX

Hello, and first of all let me thank you for all the hard work and let me apologize if this has been covered somewhere else in this thread, I have looked but did not found it.

Anyway I have the same problem with both the roms that I have tried: if you look at the screenshot, nothing on this screen works.

Clicking on the Launch Browser, or any of the two small buttons; Browser and All Bookmarks, does not do anything. Is there a way to fix it?

Both IE and Opera are installed and work fine.

Thanks in advance.

browserv.jpg

Guest ebidar
Hello, and first of all let me thank you for all the hard work and let me apologize if this has been covered somewhere else in this thread, I have looked but did not found it.

Anyway I have the same problem with both the roms that I have tried: if you look at the screenshot, nothing on this screen works.

Clicking on the Launch Browser, or any of the two small buttons; Browser and All Bookmarks, does not do anything. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

browserv.jpg

Ok, I am not that good at explaining but here goes lol. As for the you tube link i haven't played with that, but the launch browser shortcut I have. The way I got it to work is to go the M2DC customizer. I get there by going to the action tab(star icon). There at the bottom left hand icon next to start menu button is the m2dc button. After selecting that, you go into the manila 2d customizer here you press the right arrow icon on the bottom right corner about 3 times till you see a tab called internet. Click on that tab and you get an option to select your default internet browser. Clicking on the the button with 3 dots takes you to file explorer type window where you have locate your .exe file for your main browser. I use internet explorer which is in the windows folder in device memory, I suppose you can use any browser, not sure but most likely. After choosing the browser you click set default and then hit apply on bottom of screen and thouchflo reloads or goes back to today screen then you reload touchflo, I have flotatium so it goes to titanium then I reload touchflo, not sure if you have m2d only but should be similar. And now if you go to launch browser tab it should load the default browser with Google as the home page. Hopefully this makes sense and works for you. If there is a easier way that anyone knows please feel free to let me know lol.

Edited by ebidar

Guest robertjm

Hi,

The YouTube "link" is actually not a shortcut for a browser to use, but a link to an executable that's apparently not installed by the ROM.

The registry points to \Program Files\youtube\YouTube.exe but that's not included in the ROM. I did a search and it's not anywhere in the ROM at all.

Here's a download link to get the application. NOTE: The registry entry in the ROM is NOT the same location that the app is installed to you will need to edit the registry to the location you install it to.

As for the big globe button, that defaults to "custom" which isn't an actual browser. As someone pointed out just before this post, you have to tell M2D2 which browser you want to use. This is just a pointer so you can use any browser you want as long as you know its install location.

Later,

Robert

UPDATE: The above helped you install the app, however, when I launched the application the first time I got an Internal Error ms: "..\xplatform\core\minitube application.cpp:843" and the phone locked up. I had to remove the battery to restart the phone. I tried the application again, but got the same error.

To fix this error you MUST install the application to main memory!!!!

Thanks in advance...

Edited by robertjm

Guest Vudugan
Ok, I am not that good at explaining but here goes lol. As for the you tube link i haven't played with that, but the launch browser shortcut I have. The way I got it to work is to go the M2DC customizer. I get there by going to the action tab(star icon). There at the bottom left hand icon next to start menu button is the m2dc button. After selecting that, you go into the manila 2d customizer here you press the right arrow icon on the bottom right corner about 3 times till you see a tab called internet. Click on that tab and you get an option to select your default internet browser. Clicking on the the button with 3 dots takes you to file explorer type window where you have locate your .exe file for your main browser. I use internet explorer which is in the windows folder in device memory, I suppose you can use any browser, not sure but most likely. After choosing the browser you click set default and then hit apply on bottom of screen and thouchflo reloads or goes back to today screen then you reload touchflo, I have flotatium so it goes to titanium then I reload touchflo, not sure if you have m2d only but should be similar. And now if you go to launch browser tab it should load the default browser with Google as the home page. Hopefully this makes sense and works for you. If there is a easier way that anyone knows please feel free to let me know lol.

personal experience since m2d came to omnia,

download you tube and opera cabs (or opera from their website) to My Storage.

And yes you have to use m2d2 to set default web browser. (shut m2d down FIRST before playing with m2d2, uncheck touchflo under settings/home settings/items)

Guest panthersfan
I know that this problem is off topic at this point but:

I've made some progress and will post the solution if I find one incase someone comes across this thread with the same problem. Here is what I did without success:

- Reboot Exchange Server

- Remove and recreate the profile on the device

- Delete and recreate my mailbox

- Verified mobile settings on my user account in Active Directory

- Deleted all devices on my account in MobileAdmin

I removed the profile and added another user account and it works fine. The issue appears to be specific to my account. I dont want to blow my account away and create a new one incase I see this happen again. I did see several posts on other boards and they seem to be specific to HTC and TP2.

I will post the solution if I find one.

So it was narrowed down to a problem with the user account for whatever reason. I cut my losses and deleted/recreated the account and it's fine now.

Guest thekevster

new version in first post. new bottom task bar, office 2010 fixed, various reg tweaks. sorry its been a while since my last update. been helpin my parents move for the past 5 days straight and havent had any time whatsoever to cook or test.

Edited by thekevster