• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Verizon Voicemail Trick

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thought I would post this here as this has _always_ drived me nuts about Verizon's voicemail -- there is no setting to auto-authenticate you, you have to enter your pin every time.

Change your voicemail number to this:

*86p1234#

p means pause, the 1234 is your pin, and # is required for after you enter your pin.

Enjoy ;)

Posted · Report post

great idea buddy

Posted · Report post

didnt work on my i920.

Posted · Report post

didnt work on my i920.

Hm...I am running a custom rom but I clearly remember this working fine with the stock rom as well.

I changed the voicemail number in Settings -> Phone -> Voice Mail

Posted · Report post

Hm...I am running a custom rom but I clearly remember this working fine with the stock rom as well.

I changed the voicemail number in Settings -> Phone -> Voice Mail

yep - thats what i did. i even tried more than one pause and it didnt work - still got the verizon lady asking me for my password.

Posted · Report post

Check your contact list and speed dial numbers.

If there is a "Voicemail" entry there (I know for a fact there should be for speed dial number 1) -- change them as well.

Posted · Report post

For those of you having issues, try using a comma instead of a p for your pause. Mine has worked flawlessly across numerous phones and flashes. ;)

Posted · Report post

by editing a second entry in the contact list this now works. thanks a bunch.

Posted · Report post

by editing a second entry in the contact list this now works. thanks a bunch.

Yay! Glad you got it working.

Posted · Report post

Yay! Glad you got it working.

If this doesn't work, try a comma instead of a P, also add 2 commas if it doesn't work again.

Posted · Report post

Thought I would post this here as this has _always_ drived me nuts about Verizon's voicemail -- there is no setting to auto-authenticate you, you have to enter your pin every time.

Change your voicemail number to this:

*86p1234#

p means pause, the 1234 is your pin, and # is required for after you enter your pin.

Enjoy :huh:

I have mine set to *86pp1234#p11 so I don't have to "press one one" to hear new messages.

They double ppause ensures it works when roaming, which introduces a delay.

Posted · Report post

I have mine set to *86pp1234#p11 so I don't have to "press one one" to hear new messages.

They double ppause ensures it works when roaming, which introduces a delay.

Even better idea, thanks!

Posted · Report post

Even better idea, thanks!

An even better, better idea is to google "Verizon Voicemail Backdoor Number" and find the local access number.

Replace the "*86" with that number. Then, add the number a "Friends and Family" member at vzw.com.

Now, voicemail doesn't use any minutes on your plan!

Posted · Report post

Thanks!!

Posted · Report post

this is really cool. i did this on my LG Dare a few years ago and forgot about it.. is there any way to get it to work when you press the SPB Mobile Shell VM button?

Posted · Report post

Dial up voicemail? We're off that. Try fusion visual voicemail. It's free and works great.

Posted · Report post

Or signup for Google Voice... I think it's open invite now. I've been using it for a long time and I love getting transcribed voicemails in my email.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Dial up voicemail? We're off that. Try fusion visual voicemail. It's free and works great.

Fusion visual voicemail?

Never heard of it.

And yeah google voice owns -- sadly there's no windows mobile classic app or integration of any kind (sigh).

As far as the gv transcriptions; imho they're useless...they always get it wrong, and like terribly wrong...lol, its funny to read them sometimes.

You know what *really* pisses me off though?

Before verizon actually got a visual voicemail service they said it would be free...but then when it actually came out, they changed their minds...so retarded.

Edited by surgex

Posted · Report post

Fusion visual voicemail?

Never heard of it.

Google it, get it. Or download from the marketplace.

Posted · Report post

And yeah google voice owns -- sadly there's no windows mobile classic app or integration of any kind (sigh).

As far as the gv transcriptions; imho they're useless...they always get it wrong, and like terribly wrong...lol, its funny to read them sometimes.

no app, but it sends it to your email... which you should get on your phone... Set no answer/busy forward to your gv number, integration a plenty, and there's a play message link in you email so you can listen to it, if necessary.

Oh, and while it rarely gets the transcription exactly right, it usually comes close enough for me to figure out if I want to return the call or not.

Used Fusion Voicemail for a while. Can't really remember what I didn't like about it, but something made me decide to get rid of it, I think the app was a little buggy when I used it, but I'm pretty sure that was on my i910.

Posted · Report post

no app, but it sends it to your email... which you should get on your phone... Set no answer/busy forward to your gv number, integration a plenty, and there's a play message link in you email so you can listen to it, if necessary.

Oh, and while it rarely gets the transcription exactly right, it usually comes close enough for me to figure out if I want to return the call or not.

Used Fusion Voicemail for a while. Can't really remember what I didn't like about it, but something made me decide to get rid of it, I think the app was a little buggy when I used it, but I'm pretty sure that was on my i910.

I don't know. Works perfect. I've been using it for the past six months or so.