How to flash your Omnia 2 under Win7 32 & 64bit

Guest Rapid81

Guest PankajM
to all brothers who have the following problem :

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&38cb1846&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

i also have this problem and i found that i have to re-install with driver provided in post #1, then i can flash the rom in win7 (32bit)

USB_Driver_X86_32bit.zip ( 65.34K )

USB_Driver_X64_64bit.zip ( 59.43K )

a similar example just like this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...4bit-windows-7/

Thanks, now its showing download screen on PDA :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aljazzzz

Hi, i'm new at this and I saw that someone have similar problems.

WHERE TO FIND EBOOT AND CSC FILES? I don't have them on my computer I think...

Please, help... Thanks.

Guest protogeo
Hi, i'm new at this and I saw that someone have similar problems.

WHERE TO FIND EBOOT AND CSC FILES? I don't have them on my computer I think...

Please, help... Thanks.

You dont have to update eboot and csc files every time you update the pda.

Guest aljazzzz

Well, i'm updating it the first time, so i acctualy don't know what flashing means. I have WM6.5 and hope it will work faster if i flash it. So can you tell me where can i find those files?

Guest Murshad
This video shows you how to flash your Omnia 2 under Windows 7 32 & 64bit operating system.

If you follow the video's instructions you can easely flash a new ROM to your PDA.

The programs/drivers what mentioned in the video:

OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.zip

CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34.zip

USB_Driver_X86_32bit.zip

USB_Driver_X64_64bit.zip

Watch it and happy flashing!

Update:

I attached the X64 driver.

The method is the same, but you need to turn off the Win7's driver signature enforcement:

Restart your computer. At the boot screen, keep pressing F8 and you will be lead into the boot menu, select disable driver signature enforcement and click ok.

After that you can update the MIT driver with the 64bit version.

All things go fine. I have received the Job done. Launched message by octan. But my phone is now not turn on. It only turns on for a second. show samsung omnia II then turns off. Hard reset is also not working? What to do?

Guest Indian Curry

Hi,

I have 64 bit and have security enabled at start-up; so can't disable driver signature enforcement; any other workaround for that?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Im following this guide using win 7 x64. I installed x64 drivers, cdma driver. I started the update and eboot and previous parts updated fine, but the process stops on: "[MOVINAND:0] Download start 0x0", and nothing happens. In the phone I can see the ! signal download mode and the green bar is complete. I left the phone all night on that steps but the process dont complete. the log says:

[setup:0] Device name:6&35b93047&0&3

[setup:0] PDA Device Found! TimeOut:2

[setup:0] PDA Device detected. TimeOut:2

Anybody have this same situation? Anybody can help me? thank you in advance!

iJIM

• 3 months later...
Guest ingcalrossosa

Hi!

Im following this guide using win 7 x64. I installed x64 drivers, cdma driver. I started the update and eboot and previous parts updated fine, but the process stops on: "[MOVINAND:0] Download start 0x0", and nothing happens. In the phone I can see the ! signal download mode and the green bar is complete. I left the phone all night on that steps but the process dont complete. the log says:

[setup:0] Device name:6&35b93047&0&3

[setup:0] PDA Device Found! TimeOut:2

[setup:0] PDA Device detected. TimeOut:2

Anybody have this same situation? Anybody can help me? thank you in advance!

iJIM

i have the same problem!! how can i solved it? please somebody!

• 1 month later...
Guest the-rock

PROBLEM-HEPL pls..

cannot flash: the phone is stuck with an image of a mobile device, a pc, and a (!) sign in between!

unable to hard reset, unabe to flash - octan does detect the phone, but flash phone image and error (the end)

octan write: [setup:0] PDA Device removed.

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&ed04620&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Down] CSC Image.

[Down] MoviNAND Image.

[Down] Phone Image.

[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

[CSC:0] ----------------- Information of Multi CSC Image ------------------

[CSC:0] Verision:[i8000ATOIJ8]

[CSC:0] SalesCode:[ATO]

[CSC:0] Priority:[0x1]

[PDA:0] LANG_ID:[7][0405]

[Phone:0] Download to 0x0

[Phone:0] StartOffset: 0

[Phone:0] EndOffset: 16777216

[MOVINAND:0] Download start 0x0 and all!! :-(

I have win 7 32bit..driver install from modaco..octans (setting XP service pack3), restart..but cannot flash..HELP please? Soory, my bad english...

Edited by the-rock

• 1 month later...
Guest skurakai

Hi all,

is possible make Flashing procedure by bluetooth connection, because i missed usb cable to my Omnia i8000?

Thanks for answer

Edited by skurakai

Hi all,

is possible make Flashing procedure by bluetooth connection, because i missed usb cable to my Omnia i8000?

Thanks for answer

I think NO. Never heard....maybe im mistaken

• 3 months later...
Guest mikel022

hello! good day! i really need some help... im new to this thing...its my 1st time to flash my omnia2 i used OCTANS v2.14 the i stucked with this process which ill show on the picture attached..hope someone can help me..thanks a lot! :)

post-829546-0-32669600-1338988448_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest c4prlm4st3r

This video shows you how to flash your Omnia 2 under Windows 7 32 & 64bit operating system.

If you follow the video's instructions you can easely flash a new ROM to your PDA.

[media=]

USB_Driver_X86_32bit.zip

USB_Driver_X64_64bit.zip

Update:

The method is the same, but you need to turn off the Win7's driver signature enforcement:

Restart your computer. At the boot screen, keep pressing F8 and you will be lead into the boot menu, select disable driver signature enforcement and click ok.

Hi

Thanks Rapid. Really usefull tutorial.Not forget your ROM also nice. Thanks man.

• 2 months later...
Guest naraahai

USB_Driver_X86_32bit.zip

USB_Driver_X64_64bit.zip

Update:

I need a eboot file pls

• 3 months later...
Guest so2800

Hi! im new here,and i have a problem with my samsung omnia 2.crashes during resoft, do I need software? And where can I get it.Thank you and sorry for my bad english

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest VitasLoWang

Hello guys I know this sounds crazy but I am actually trying to reflash my Omnia today and give it to friend as a temporary phone. Unfortunately neither Octans nor Octans mini detects the connected phone. I have Win XP SP3 machine and Win 7 64 bit too, but I seem to be unable to do it on any of those. I also don't really understand that samsung modem drive installation. It just extracted to a folder and that's it. When does it get used? Anybody remembers or have tried this recently and have some tips? ;) Thank you

Edited by VitasLoWang