Using CF03 ROM on top of DC22

Guest JDawg183

Guest JDawg183

So I downloaded and installed the new DC22 update from Samsung, and without thinking about it, installed Evidence's last ROM on top of it (CF03). So far I have not seen any problems, but I wanted to know if there is any chance of a problem rising up? If so, what kind of issue can I look forward to? Is there any danger/problem with continuing to do this, or do I need to change ASAP?

Guest thekevster

i think the biggest risk was of bricking your phone when you flashed the cf03 rom on top of dc22. if its working and you don't feel like changing the ROM, then i assume you could just keep using it. i'm not saying its safe to do it again or anything, and i wouldnt recommend that anyone else try it.....but if it ain't broke, don't fix it lol.

Guest mad doctor
So I downloaded and installed the new DC22 update from Samsung, and without thinking about it, installed Evidence's last ROM on top of it (CF03). So far I have not seen any problems, but I wanted to know if there is any chance of a problem rising up? If so, what kind of issue can I look forward to? Is there any danger/problem with continuing to do this, or do I need to change ASAP?

I did it with DC22 and then Liorytes last ROM....working flawlessly. I am told that I am inviting disaster but would love to hear from one of the chefs why it is an issue

i think the biggest risk was of bricking your phone when you flashed the cf03 rom on top of dc22. if its working and you don't feel like changing the ROM, then i assume you could just keep using it. i'm not saying its safe to do it again or anything, and i wouldnt recommend that anyone else try it.....but if it ain't broke, don't fix it lol.

I am not sure why it would matter. After all, you are only flashing the "PDA" part of the phone.

Guest JDawg183
I am not sure why it would matter. After all, you are only flashing the "PDA" part of the phone.

Thats what I thought too. But I have seen everyone who is posting their roms saying "MAKE SURE TO FLASH TO **** BEFORE USING THIS ROM OR YOU WILL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH!!!" so I got scared. Like I said, I have not had any problems thus far, but I am not a chef, so I dont know what the repurcussions are.

Guest NilsE

I think as long as the chef did a good job porting the modifying the OEM there probably won't be a problem. Flash time is when most problems would occur but it seems everyone is getting past that. After that I don't think there would be serious problems.

I think most chef's would rather just be safe than sorry.

• 1 month later...
Guest ray_420

I accidently did the same thing tried to fix it with a dc22 6.5 rom and it didn't work as good as the cf03 on top of dc22 so I flashed back battery life is awesome screen sensitivity is good gps working pretty awesome it just says cf03 in version even though I have dc22 installed

• 3 weeks later...
Guest repilce

Well i'm get'n ready to try this same thing as most of the dc22 roms are still having some issue that are major enough for me that i was almost consideriing just sticking with the dc22 stock flash..

Guest repilce

another success story! ;) Did a cfo3 rom over dc22, works like a champ, super fast!, and so far EVERYTHING works perfectly. even the elluside alarm that the dc22's have problems with acrosss the board for the most part!