Omnia 2 Camera button not functioning?

Guest Eugene Chan

Guest Eugene Chan

I dono y my omnia 2's camera button suddenly cant function anymore, and wats more, it cant be claim by warranty... ;)

I don wan to fix it as it cost me quite much... What application i can use to assign the center button as camera button that i can take picture with it or is there any 3rd party camera application that i can take picture with the touchscreen like HTC devices do?

Help me... thanks in advanced ;)

Guest prosxpal

did you try soft / hard reset? if not just try it.

Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button (choose camera from the list )

Guest Robtao

A very good app, free or additional features if you buy a license, is AEButton Plus. I like buttons, and this makes almost every button have up to 4 functions, as you choose.

Guest Eugene Chan
A very good app, free or additional features if you buy a license, is AEButton Plus. I like buttons, and this makes almost every button have up to 4 functions, as you choose.

I found a revieew of it, but it says omnia 2 camera button cannot be remap by this software.

Guest Rapid81
I dono y my omnia 2's camera button suddenly cant function anymore, and wats more, it cant be claim by warranty... ;)

I don wan to fix it as it cost me quite much... What application i can use to assign the center button as camera button that i can take picture with it or is there any 3rd party camera application that i can take picture with the touchscreen like HTC devices do?

Help me... thanks in advanced ;)

I think you or some program messed up your registry. I had this problem too before, but I realised, I deleted the registry entry what's relevant to the Camera button. Try a Hard Reset!

Guest ddeathx

I had this problem too, but I wriggled the button with my finger till it finally worked again. I guessed maybe the internal switch button got stuck due to dirt or something.

• 1 month later...
Guest kdkinc

only a guess

I remember that GPS interfered with the camera button on the i910.

TRY uninstalling ANY gps program and feature, soft reset and MAYBE that will help ???

What you got to loose??

Hope it helps

:( :(

Guest TheGoDxxxx

Have you checked if the application itself is still installed? You should have a camera.exe located in your Windows folder.

Guest kl007

I having the same problem.

I did hardreset few times - didn't solve

tested few application suggested above - didn't work

Checked camera.exe and is there. (btw - i can launch the camera and view from the camera but it just when try to click, the button doesn't work.

Anyone can help? or any suggestion? I will give it a try before I send it back to service center :)

Thanks in advance

Edited by kl007

Guest sarig

I have the same problem. Im not able to use camera for last two weeks. Symptoms are the same as kl007 wrote - I can launch camera but when I press camera button to take a picture it does nothing. After that i cannot switch off camera app. and i must switch off the phone. Any advice? thx

I having the same problem.

I did hardreset few times - didn't solve

tested few application suggested above - didn't work

Checked camera.exe and is there. (btw - i can launch the camera and view from the camera but it just when try to click, the button doesn't work.

Anyone can help? or any suggestion? I will give it a try before I send it back to service center :)

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
anyone have any clue?

1. to make the camera button to work again

2. to have other application allow us to take photo?

Just to update

I sent back to service center,

Confirm hardware problem, they change the camera button and now my camera back to normal again.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Ah s*** now this problem happen to me, my camera button can fire the camera but press the shutter to take picture nothing happen.

HELP!

I already HARD RESET TWICE the problem is still there

Edited by chokia

Guest fliegergott
I had this problem too, but I wriggled the button with my finger till it finally worked again. I guessed maybe the internal switch button got stuck due to dirt or something.

same problem here! just wriggled around and the button worked again.

;-)

Guest bratboo
Ah s*** now this problem happen to me, my camera button can fire the camera but press the shutter to take picture nothing happen.

HELP!

I already HARD RESET TWICE the problem is still there

Have you tried to flash back to original ROM? I did flash back to JH1 and I have installed something that messed up my camera button, I can launch the camera but cannot take photo's wierd. >.> Never thought that there would be an app that would messed up the camera. o.o

Edited by bratboo