3g problems with o2 simplicity

Guest hugh3sy7

Guest hugh3sy7

Having recently unlocked my pulse and inserted an o2 simplicity smartphone sim inc. unlimited data, initially i could pick up a 3g signal, but now all i get is a g at the top of the homescreen. When trying the speedtest i get 0.02 download speed and about 0.03 upload. When using the browser or market, it does work but is incredibly slow. I am running the following apn settings:

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

username: mobileweb

password: password

When inserting my t-mobile sim i pick up 3g fine, i am based in the centre of nottingham so would assume 3g was readily available. Also, the toggle settings app was able to turn off 3g with the t-mobile sim, but doesnt on o2. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Can any shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance

Guest Azurren
Having recently unlocked my pulse and inserted an o2 simplicity smartphone sim inc. unlimited data, initially i could pick up a 3g signal, but now all i get is a g at the top of the homescreen. When trying the speedtest i get 0.02 download speed and about 0.03 upload. When using the browser or market, it does work but is incredibly slow. I am running the following apn settings:

When inserting my t-mobile sim i pick up 3g fine, i am based in the centre of nottingham so would assume 3g was readily available. Also, the toggle settings app was able to turn off 3g with the t-mobile sim, but doesnt on o2. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance

Just check that you have enabled "prefer 3g networks" in the settings to test. It maybe that your o2 sim isn't 3g enabled. If the above turns out nothing a call to customer services may be in order.

Also I think there ate more apn settings than that..

Hope this helps

Edited by Azurren

Guest hugh3sy7
Just check that you have enabled prefer 3g networks in the settings to test. It maybe that your o2 sim isn't 3g enabled. If the above turns out nothing a call to customer services may be in order.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that. I have tried but doing so just cuts out all connections ala going into airplane mode. When phoning up o2 the guy gave me the spiel that o2 dont support this phone (as someone has mentioned in another post) but after putting in the above settings 3g did work for a period. When searching for available networks, o2 3g comes up and i have tried clicking to ebable that but still to no avail.

Guest starkos
Thanks for that. I have tried but doing so just cuts out all connections ala going into airplane mode. When phoning up o2 the guy gave me the spiel that o2 dont support this phone (as someone has mentioned in another post) but after putting in the above settings 3g did work for a period. When searching for available networks, o2 3g comes up and i have tried clicking to ebable that but still to no avail.

Really sounds like your in a non o2 3g area unfortunately, I remember a similar thing happening to me at home when I was on the t-mobile rom.

Regarding a 3g sim, I think you can check by looking at the numbers printed on the actual sim to see if it has 3G somewhere...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thinkscientist

Thanks in advance

Did you manage to sort this out?

I have the exact same problem but know for a fact it's a 3G area as i have 5 bars with 3G on all the other o2 phones in the house ( 4 of them! )

Did it come down to it being your SIM?

Guest hugh3sy7
Did you manage to sort this out?

I have the exact same problem but know for a fact it's a 3G area as i have 5 bars with 3G on all the other o2 phones in the house ( 4 of them! )

Did it come down to it being your SIM?

Yes, after 5 or 6 days all of a sudden it just connected back to 3g. I did a search through the forums and someone mentioned the exact same thing, it became workable after 6 days without actually changing anything. I'd just give it time, other than that I can't really help sorry.