[DC22] - Storm ROM - [DC22]

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
God Bless you, Rob! It feels like Christmas morning today!

FYI: These links aren't currently working:

Com 3 Branch Builds - 231xx

Build 23116 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 23116 TouchFlo [DC22]

Build 23116 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

[DC22] Storm ROM 23566 TouchFlo [DC22]

I know. I still have to upload them tonight. Just wanted to show what was coming. There may be some additional builds also.

Guest xcapone

Woooo exciting. Any chance for M2D only? I know you previously stated you you'd only be releasing Flotanium or whatever, but I find that I never use the titanium aspect. I like touchflo's interface.

Guest Trent Steel
WARNING - MUST HAVE YOUR OMNIA i910 UPDATED TO DC22 - WARNING

Finally after numerous kinks, here is my newest DC22 ROM!

Includes The newest IE, Newest Office 2010 and Threaded Email. Best from all the builds!

WMD Branch Builds - 282xx

Build 28233 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 28233 Titanium [DC22]

Build 28233 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

[DC22] Storm ROM 28233 TouchFlo [DC22]

Com 2 Branch Builds - 219xx - Start Menu on Top

Build 21903 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 21903 TouchFlo [DC22]

Build 21903 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

[DC22] Storm ROM 21903 TouchFlo [DC22]

Com 3 Branch Builds - 231xx

Build 23116 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 23116 TouchFlo [DC22]

Build 23116 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

Com 5 Branch Builds - 235xx

Build 23566 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

Build 23566 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

Hate to sound like a total noob, but I am a total noob. LOL! I have never really had a phone that I could "play" with, yet I have been playing with computers for a long time. So please if you would, tell me which version of this would be the right one for an i910 omnia. If they are all for it, can you give me a brief idea of the differences or a link to something that will.

Thanks goes out to everyone who supports this community and others like it!

Guest garbageguts

From lioryte

What is the difference between the new builds? (Credit to joolay)

COM1- Builds 217**:

COM2 - Builds 218**: GUI is 1st stage of finger friendly features implemented. This is the only official WM6.5 released to public. All other COM* Builds are leaked test builds (not even classified as alpha or beta). In this range, the GUI introduces softer corners to various dialogs, the new start menu (Very early builds had a honeycomb theme but although the hexagons have been removed, the icon alignments remain), and the taskbar and menubar have been slightly modified to allow for further skinning.

COM3 - Builds 230**: GUI from 23001 to 23021 looks the same as COM2. 23022+ introduced the new shorter/expanding taskbar and finger friendly text-based buttons on taller bottom menubar and ever since its been called wm6.5.1 rather than 6.5..

23047+ introduced icon-based buttons.. New checkboxes and scroll bars and recently (from 23069 i think) a magnifier in the taskbar are amongst the newer gui elements introduced in the latest builds..

At some point (im not sure when, kinetic scrolling was introduced..

It appears that COM4 elements are being introduced into this branch such as the new contact application, a slightly modified sms application, and possibly a slightly modified calender application..

COM4 - Builds 234**: Seems to have stopped at 23420. The newer contact application and possibly the modified sms and calender applications were first introduced in this branch but have since been incoorperated into latest builds of COM3

COM5 - Builds 235**: At the moment little is known of this branch. 23502 is the first build leaked that Im aware of. It seems to have been compiled at about the same time as 23060 but with superior stability, speed, memory management, Newer COM3 builds 23071 and above have been reported to be superior in terms of stability and speed. However the latest COM5 23506 compared to COM3 23088 (build date is identical) seem equally fast and stable. COM5 builds have the new Contact app and Magnifier, as in latest COM3 Builds, but lack kinetic scrolling.

Apparently, the new internet explorer has been modified as well (but Bikertibi Builds have the old internet explorer from wm6.1 because new one does not handle well on our device)

Other branches you might or might not come to see:

AKU1 - Builds 212**

SAM1 - Builds 215**

MD1 - Builds 219**

WMD - Builds 28***: The First Build leaked is 28002 (build date 17th November 2009). As of this branch Windows Mobile is at WM6.5.3. This branch is to continue from COM3 23090 and is believed to carry improvements to the New Internet Explorer Mobile as well as overall speed

Builds 216**: leaked builds that have been played with by the team over at HTC but not officially used on any handset as yet

Builds 236**: Recently came across these builds but have no further info on them

Guest woodsptw

I flashed 23566. I really like the outlook interface.

I did it from my Windows 7 machine and the option to configure my work exchange settings did not come up while connected to the machine.

The configuration from the phone was kind of weird also. It kept prompting me for the things I needed to configure but still took about 3 steps.

When I connected to the exchange server, the bottom left said "connecting..." while it was in send/recv mode. I don't recall what it said before but that looked different to me.

In touchflo, the mail looks a little odd. It has gray borders for the name and the subject with gray or black text which is a little hard to read. I like the concept though.

That's as far as I'll get tonight.

It looks great and very responsive so far.

Thanks Rob.

Guest Trent Steel
From lioryte

What is the difference between the new builds? (Credit to joolay)

<snip>

Thank you! This has helped. :P A little more research and I am going to dive in.

Guest t1231

I receive MMS but when I open them there is nothing there, is there a fix for this? Otherwise so far 23566 is running great. Thanks

Guest rfarrah
is it just me? Email auto send/receive not working....

Testing that now - I think I'm seeing the same thing. Anybody else?

Guest mikmo
Testing that now - I think I'm seeing the same thing. Anybody else?

I am running 23566 Titanium and noticed I am have the same proplem as well. I have email set to download every 5 min and that is not happening.

Guest Extreme Blue
I am running 23566 Titanium and noticed I am have the same proplem as well. I have email set to download every 5 min and that is not happening.

I'm running 28233 TouchFlo and email is downloading fine.

Guest rfarrah
I'm running 28233 TouchFlo and email is downloading fine.

I'm running 28233 Titanium and it isn't auto-send/receiving. Might there be a simple .cab fix?

Edited by rfarrah

Guest norm883

Anyone know how to change the lockeye.png in this build? or is it a different file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Norm883

Guest garbageguts
Anyone know how to change the lockeye.png in this build? or is it a different file.

I am not certain, but I believe you need to use either resco explorer or total commander. There is something about /windows system files that block the provided file explorer.

Guest woodsptw

I'm having problems receiving texts on the titanium side (I could see the same texts through the touchflo/M2D side).

I'm not sure the notification is sounding.

Mail on the titanium side asks me to "setup" even though it's setup. I can get to my outlook mail if I select the mail program or go to the touchflo side.

Hmmm..

Guest woodsptw
I'm having problems receiving texts on the titanium side (I could see the same texts through the touchflo/M2D side).

I'm not sure the notification is sounding.

Mail on the titanium side asks me to "setup" even though it's setup. I can get to my outlook mail if I select the mail program or go to the touchflo side.

Hmmm..

Flashed to 28233 from a Windows XP PC. It worked fine. ActiveSync automatically launched on my PC the screens to configure mail. My issues might have had to do with running UDML from a W7 machine??

Guest rfarrah
Flashed to 28233 from a Windows XP PC. It worked fine. ActiveSync automatically launched on my PC the screens to configure mail. My issues might have had to do with running UDML from a W7 machine??

I had no issues running it from my W7 machine

Guest garbageguts

I flashed DC22 28233 titanium from a windows 7 machine. Ran UDML with no problems. ActiveSync launches only when I have USB Sync checked. Therefore, it might be simply how you have ActiveSync configured and not to do with the version of Windows.

Guest Pezhedz

Just flashed to 28233 -- Touchflo/Titanium and love it! I've never used M2D or TF3D before, is there a good resource that someone can point me to for customization?

Thanks Rob! This ROM ROCKS!

Guest LordSith
Woooo exciting. Any chance for M2D only? I know you previously stated you you'd only be releasing Flotanium or whatever, but I find that I never use the titanium aspect. I like touchflo's interface.

I too only use the M2D side. I just go into Settings - Home - Items and just select the TouchFlo, so that my phone always just boots into the TouchFlo M2D.

I've been waiting for this Rob, thank you very much. Maybe I won't have so many weather issues now. LOL

Just downloaded the 28233 release, so will flash later tonight.

As stated before, it feels like Christmas when Rob releases a ROM. :-)