[DC22] - Storm ROM - [DC22]

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Pezhedz
I receive MMS but when I open them there is nothing there, is there a fix for this? Otherwise so far 23566 is running great. Thanks

I'm having the same issue with the MMS, but on 28233 Touchflo

Guest peperonikiller
I'm having the same issue with the MMS, but on 28233 Touchflo

I use to have the same issue with my rom, it means that in your MMS options you do not have "Broadband" selected for your Data connection, so the towers send your phone the new message but your MMS will not connect to 3G to download the image/audio/video

Guest Pezhedz
I use to have the same issue with my rom, it means that in your MMS options you do not have "Broadband" selected for your Data connection, so the towers send your phone the new message but your MMS will not connect to 3G to download the image/audio/video

That worked! Thanks so much!

:P

now to figure out why hitting the "END" key doesn't reset back to the home widget on TF2D. Works fine in Titanium.

Guest lordv8r

Does anyone have issues with the alarms not working when the phone is asleep? I'm using Build 23566 - Titanium Only and the alarm ONLY works if the phone is already awake. It seems to be an issue across different chef's roms. Any Ideas?

Guest peperonikiller
Does anyone have issues with the alarms not working when the phone is asleep? I'm using Build 23566 - Titanium Only and the alarm ONLY works if the phone is already awake. It seems to be an issue across different chef's roms. Any Ideas?

Some reg setting hidden by gypsies

Guest Rob Storm
Some reg setting hidden by gypsies

Lol! I am still searching for the Gypsy!

PS: Will be back in the saddle soon, trying to get my kitchen up for my O2... :P

Guest Vudugan

Please share the location of where I can make this change. Looked under the all messages/mms options and I don't see anything with a data connection option.

Please help

Guest Pezhedz
Please share the location of where I can make this change. Looked under the all messages/mms options and I don't see anything with a data connection option.

Please help

in the Menu under MMS Options.... Profile Tab. Edit the MMS profile's "Data Connections" section. Mine was blank, so I set it to "Data Network Connection" and now it pulls the images fine.

Guest Pezhedz

Has anyone experienced a weird bug with 28233 Flotanium where the Titanium side is stuck on the dialer? When I reboot, I can see the titanium side fine. If i'm on the Touchflo side and press the left softkey (Labeled 'Today') i see the dialer. When I exit the dialer by hitting X or the hardmapped OK/Close button, I get kicked back to Touchflo.

I can toggle using TFDetacher.

Guest catnapped

28233 only allows me to add 18 programs to the shortcut list. If I try to add #19 it doesn't stick.

Aside from that, awesome job...even have the weather page working now (couldn't manage that on any of the other roms I'd tried)

Guest Vudugan
in the Menu under MMS Options.... Profile Tab. Edit the MMS profile's "Data Connections" section. Mine was blank, so I set it to "Data Network Connection" and now it pulls the images fine.

Thx Mon, we'll give that a try!

Guest catnapped
28233 only allows me to add 18 programs to the shortcut list. If I try to add #19 it doesn't stick.

Actually I went back and fooled with it some more...not so much that it won't let me add more than 18, anything beyond the 2nd box in on the fifth row (from the top) it won't let me add anything for whatever reason.

Guest LordSith
I like the rom but the finger mouse isn't working. How to you enable it in the registry?

It's right in the main folder from the start menu. Down towards the bottom. Works for me.

Edited by LordSith

Guest stromam

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is a ROM problem or not (did the same thing on thekevster's), but I can't switch my default input method. When I go to settings>personal>input and try to switch away from the samsung keyboard, when i click ok it always switches back to the samsung keyboard. When I'm texting there isn't the little "up" arrow next to the keyboard like there used to be. I was using your ROM flawlessly today (even had another keyboard active) then I reset and now I can't change it. On a similar note, I can't find the soft reset key anywhere. Thanks.

Guest rpmm70
Hey,

I'm not sure if this is a ROM problem or not (did the same thing on thekevster's), but I can't switch my default input method. When I go to settings>personal>input and try to switch away from the samsung keyboard, when i click ok it always switches back to the samsung keyboard. When I'm texting there isn't the little "up" arrow next to the keyboard like there used to be. I was using your ROM flawlessly today (even had another keyboard active) then I reset and now I can't change it. On a similar note, I can't find the soft reset key anywhere. Thanks.

I am using a different ROM, but most have a program called Default Input. Look for that and use it to set your default keyboard. If it isn't in the ROM, check out this link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/-S1VEnIt/Default_IM.html

The ROMs with the newer UI (Start button on the bottom), there is no longer an arrow next to the keyboard. Instead you press and hold on the keyboard button and a list of keyboards will come up.

Guest stromam
I am using a different ROM, but most have a program called Default Input. Look for that and use it to set your default keyboard. If it isn't in the ROM, check out this link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/-S1VEnIt/Default_IM.html

The ROMs with the newer UI (Start button on the bottom), there is no longer an arrow next to the keyboard. Instead you press and hold on the keyboard button and a list of keyboards will come up.

YES! I was changing the input with Default Input, but it still wouldn't switch (i guess the first time). I didn't know about holding the keyboard button. It worked. I am psyched, thanks!

Guest lazer9

Anyone else no longer get "Call History" records? Not sure if I mucked up something with SPBackup restore pim only or what but I no longer get any records for either incoming or outgoing calls.

Any shot at where to troubleshoot? What file, ect...?

Thanks

Guest tedkord

This is my first ROM from you, Storm. I like it so far. I'm coming from CF03 ROMs from BGILL and later Lioryte. Really loved those ROMs, but it was time to try DC22, hoping for faster GPS locks.

Have you ever thought about cooking in the non-rotation setting like Lioryte? That was the feature of his that swayed me to try his ROMs after we lost BGILL. I really dislike Samsungs rotations. Anyway, just something to think about.

Guest bearhntr
WARNING - MUST HAVE YOUR OMNIA i910 UPDATED TO DC22 - WARNING

Finally after numerous kinks, here is my newest DC22 ROM!

Includes The newest IE, Newest Office 2010 and Threaded Email. Best from all the builds!

WMD Branch Builds - 282xx

Build 28233 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 28233 Titanium [DC22]

Build 28233 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

[DC22] Storm ROM 28233 TouchFlo [DC22]

Com 2 Branch Builds - 219xx - Start Menu on Top

Build 21903 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 21903 TouchFlo [DC22]

Build 21903 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

[DC22] Storm ROM 21903 TouchFlo [DC22]

Com 3 Branch Builds - 231xx

Build 23116 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

[DC22] Storm ROM 23116 TouchFlo [DC22]

Build 23116 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

[DC22] Storm ROM 23566 TouchFlo [DC22]

Com 5 Branch Builds - 235xx

Build 23566 - Titanium Only. 12 MB PagePool - 146MB Free

Build 23566 - TouchFlo Detach. 12 MB PagePool - Easily switch between TouchFlo & Titanium

What What What??? No Screen Shots??? :rolleyes:

You mention they are the same as your other ROMs. I was running the Flash23529M2D.bin for the longest time - as it had everything that I needed/wanted - but now I am going to see if I will get a better response from my device with the DC22 flash from Verizon.

Thanks,

*BH*

Guest tedkord

Rats, spoke too soon. I've found several issues.

1) Can't set a system ringtone. Set it to a desired ringtone, and it doesn't save, keeps "none" as the tone. I can set individual contact ringtones.

2) Most mornings, after being on all night, the windows e-mail client won't launch. Have to soft reset. Then all my email (spam) gets pulled in and I can launch the email client.

3) Locks up often while reading email - I have to hit the reset button. (Windows e-mail launched from SPB MS3.5)

Since DC22 didn't give me any quicker GPS locks (the Omnia GPS radio is just junk, I think), I'm heading back to Liorytes last ROM on CF03 for now. Thanks for your work, Storm. It's probably issues on my end, something I'm doing wrong - but I need the phone in full order, and I know the last ROM I loaded works with my setup.

Guest kfischer0324

I am new to flashing my Omnia i910 but have done older phones in the past. I have downloaded the Com 5 Branch Builds - 235xx Rom.

Now what? I have the .bin file... what am I missing or what is the process from here? Thanks

***FORGET IT... I FIGURED IT OUT***

GOT IT FLASHED... NOW I'LL KEEP MESSING AROUND UNTIL I FIND A ROM I LIKE....

AWSOME WORK GUYS...

Edited by kfischer0324

Guest stromam

Main issue I have right now is the alarm, It never goes off when its set. Sometimes it wont go off until very late in the morning/early afternoon, it never goes off at the same time two days in a row. Also i really wanted to try the com 3 build, but I can't download it. It says the URL is invalid. Thanks Rob!

Guest garbageguts

With the alarm - try using a memory cleaner - like cleanRAM, SDKTools, etc. It seems the message stack gets confused in the i910 from time to time. Clearing out the stack fixes the alarm.

Guest omnia_guy

hey storm, congrats on the awesome rom!

however, a small problem.. i am using your 219 rom on my omnia and i can't open the text messaging icon or email...

i get an error "tmail.exe is not a valid pocket pc app" ?? any ideas? plz help.

-Thanks