TouchFLO M2D Weather problem

Guest LordSith

Guest LordSith

Hoping someone can help me out here. I've upgraded to the DC22 and have tried using different ROM's for the base (only M2D ones) and all of them, the weather on the home screen is screwed up.

Sometimes is says no update available, and if it does update, it has me no where near where I am.

I was using Storm's M2D ROM with the CF03 base, and never had an issue.

Any ideas as to why and/or how to fix this?

Got my GPS on Google Maps connected and that has me pinned correctly. I would think Google Location would feed off Google Maps. Guess not. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guest tractor101
Hoping someone can help me out here. I've upgraded to the DC22 and have tried using different ROM's for the base (only M2D ones) and all of them, the weather on the home screen is screwed up.

Sometimes is says no update available, and if it does update, it has me no where near where I am.

I was using Storm's M2D ROM with the CF03 base, and never had an issue.

Any ideas as to why and/or how to fix this?

Got my GPS on Google Maps connected and that has me pinned correctly. I would think Google Location would feed off Google Maps. Guess not. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the home weather locates the nearest cell tower. So if the closest tower to you is in Jersey, that's the weather it will give you.

Edited by tractor101

Guest LordSith
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the home weather locates the nearest cell tower. So if the closest tower to you is in Jersey, that's the weather it will give you.

That's what I thought too, except I'm in Utica, NY and it's giving me weather for Trakai Island Cast. Which is in Lithuania. LOL

Guest robconn

OK, took me 4 hours to re-find this, but go to Location Settings under Settings/System and turn on Location Service settings. Check HTC location service and do NOT check Automatically decline. Then click done.

Guest peperonikiller
That's what I thought too, except I'm in Utica, NY and it's giving me weather for Trakai Island Cast. Which is in Lithuania. LOL

I forgot the code but you need to update what towers your phone talks to. There is bound to be a cell tower closer to you haha.

Guest LordSith
OK, took me 4 hours to re-find this, but go to Location Settings under Settings/System and turn on Location Service settings. Check HTC location service and do NOT check Automatically decline. Then click done.

I've tried several different DC22 ROM's now, and I have the same issue with all of them. So it's GOT to be something on my phone. Finding out what however, is the REAL question.

I tried what you said, and now I'm in Minden, Germany. LMAO! I always wanted to travel the world, now I guess I can on my phone. :-) :huh:

I've also tried all the weather fix cab files I've found for M2D or TouchFlo still no luck.

Here's the ones I've tried:

Home_Weather_tap_fix_.cab

PimpUrPocketPC M2D Home Weather Fix.cab

Weather Exchange.exe

Guest LordSith

Update:

Now my Google Maps (GPS can't get a lock) shows me in Lithuania too. WTF?!?!? LOL

Come on guys, there has to be someone who knows how to fix this. PLEASE??? LOL

Edited by LordSith

Guest LordSith
have you tried *228?

Yeah, I reset the entire phone, actually using your latest M2D ROM :-) (Which I LOVE BTW)

I reflashed back to default DC22, *228 1 & 2 (just in case), flashed to your ROM, *228 again (again, just in case) LOL

I'm going bonkers here. I really don't understand why it's got me in Lithuania though. That's the kicker. LOL

Guest LordSith
Yeah, I reset the entire phone, actually using your latest M2D ROM :-) (Which I LOVE BTW)

I reflashed back to default DC22, *228 1 & 2 (just in case), flashed to your ROM, *228 again (again, just in case) LOL

I'm going bonkers here. I really don't understand why it's got me in Lithuania though. That's the kicker. LOL

So today, I woke up and found myself in Kaisiadorys, Lithuania. I really do get around now a days. LOL

Yesterday I went from Lithuania to Germany to NY (but way north from me) and back to Germany, and now back to Lithuania. Boy am I tired. That's a lot of traveling in a 24 hour period. :huh:

Guest LordSith

Ok, so get this. I was still way over in Lithuania, and had given up even trying anymore.

The other day, I took my kids on a car trip and they wanted to bring their laptops, so I activated my WiFi Router for them. BAM! MY home screen weather updated to where I was at the time. Then it was stuck on that city, no matter where I was (after I turned off the router).

Today, I decided to test that out....activated the router, and presto, it updated accurately again. LOL

Strange, huh?

Guest rpmm70
Ok, so get this. I was still way over in Lithuania, and had given up even trying anymore.

The other day, I took my kids on a car trip and they wanted to bring their laptops, so I activated my WiFi Router for them. BAM! MY home screen weather updated to where I was at the time. Then it was stuck on that city, no matter where I was (after I turned off the router).

Today, I decided to test that out....activated the router, and presto, it updated accurately again. LOL

Strange, huh?

That is just bizarre

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LordSith

Ok, so I've tried EVERY DC22 ROM in the i910 specific forum, and I have the same weather issue with all of them. So I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the DC22 update itself on my phone. I still have to activate the WiFi router to get an accurate reading of my local weather, on ALL of them.

I guess I'll live with it, cause I'm do for my upgrade next month. So we'll see what I end up with. I hoping for another i910 cause I really love this phone, but Verizon told me they no longer offer it only the Omnia II, so I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and feedback thus far. Like me, my phone is just strange!! LOL

Guest sevndusty
Ok, so I've tried EVERY DC22 ROM in the i910 specific forum, and I have the same weather issue with all of them. So I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the DC22 update itself on my phone. I still have to activate the WiFi router to get an accurate reading of my local weather, on ALL of them.

I guess I'll live with it, cause I'm do for my upgrade next month. So we'll see what I end up with. I hoping for another i910 cause I really love this phone, but Verizon told me they no longer offer it only the Omnia II, so I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and feedback thus far. Like me, my phone is just strange!! LOL

they all suck for me too.. says in somewhere in egypt but im in arkansas!

Guest LordSith
they all suck for me too.. says in somewhere in egypt but im in arkansas!

Well, at least we get to travel the world. But I seem to be stuck mostly in Lithuania. LOL

Guest 70blzr
Well, at least we get to travel the world. But I seem to be stuck mostly in Lithuania. LOL

thats very strange, i had the same problem before i installed the DC22 update. now with any m2d dc22 rom my weather updates.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LordSith

Ok so something weird happened the other day. Out of the blue, my weather just started working right. I didn't do anything, haven't added any programs or anything. As I drive to work, it updates to where I am. Been working right now for about 3 days. LOL