Internet Connection Sharing and Phone Calls WM6

Guest Drewtech

Guest Drewtech

I am using my HTC HD2 as a modem for my laptop. It works great on Bluetooth, USB and even as a wireless router but the connection is lost if I make or receive a phonecall. Is this a limitation of the HD2, WM6 or have I set it up wrong. A colleague has a Blackberry that can be used as a modem and phone at the same time so it is clearly technically possible.

Guest apemonkeyman
I am using my HTC HD2 as a modem for my laptop. It works great on Bluetooth, USB and even as a wireless router but the connection is lost if I make or receive a phonecall. Is this a limitation of the HD2, WM6 or have I set it up wrong. A colleague has a Blackberry that can be used as a modem and phone at the same time so it is clearly technically possible.

I don't use the wireless router function at the moment but with normal data connectivity I noticed that if my HD2 is using HSDPA (H) then outbound calls fail. If this drops back to 3G then it is fine.

You can turn of HSDPA in Settings/Connections/Advanced Network, on the HSDPA/HSUPA tab. This should leave 3G working without H. See if that allows calls & data simultaneously.

Guest Drewtech
I don't use the wireless router function at the moment but with normal data connectivity I noticed that if my HD2 is using HSDPA (H) then outbound calls fail. If this drops back to 3G then it is fine.

You can turn of HSDPA in Settings/Connections/Advanced Network, on the HSDPA/HSUPA tab. This should leave 3G working without H. See if that allows calls & data simultaneously.

Thanks for the idea. I'll give this a go and let you know how it goes.