• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

664 posts in this topic

Posted

Will I still have sense ui after rooting?

Yep

Posted

Will I still have sense ui after rooting?

Yes, you will.

Posted

so... i try to Downgrade with a fresh Goldcard but nothing works... is it possieble to Downgrade without RUU ??? i will try a stock rom as zip on Goldcard but not exist..?! maybe after that works Pauls tut for me and the other guys with that problem here

Posted

I got some news, one buddy in my chat group, the version of his legend is 1.31.708.2 (Sell to HongKong and Taiwan). He can root the legend, but the system became unstable. Mine is 1.31.707.2 (Sell to other Asia country), still cannot be rooted.

Posted

Many thanks Paul, truly brilliant.

The root process will NOT...

* enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image that can be launched easily by just holding down the volume down button when powering on

* enable you to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

My goal in rooting Legend is to to be able to replace fonts in /system/fonts with custom ones to support my language, will I be able to do that after I root Legend using your instructions?

Thanks & Regards.

Posted

Yeahhh!!! Paul yo´re the man.

My Legend is rooted, i´m very happy.

Thank you very much for your job.

Posted

The root process will...
  • flash your device with a new, generic 1.23.405.1 based ROM that has Superuser access (i'll be updating this to the 1.31 ROM series shortly - OTA updates will fail to apply)
  • show you how to enter the recovery image in future, allowing you to flash update zips

• enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image that can be launched easily by just holding down the volume down button when powering on
    • enable you to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

Both of these limitations are being worked on of course. :huh:

Can anyone explain this section to me? i don really get it. Sorry im a noob at these.

Posted (edited)

once i click on recovery, (just before step 2), my device shows an exclamation mark with a triangle and i have to remove the battery to reboot, i suppose that isn't normal, but is this related to the issues of this procedure or is caused by anything else? (by the way trying to launch the step 2 i get the error "device not found" like all the others)

Edited by SimoxTa

Posted

so... i try to Downgrade with a fresh Goldcard but nothing works... is it possieble to Downgrade without RUU ??? i will try a stock rom as zip on Goldcard but not exist..?! maybe after that works Pauls tut for me and the other guys with that problem here

I don't know if this works.. What was your problem at the downgrade? And a goldcard is not needed for the downgrade by RUU. Please write me the steps you did - You'll get the fastest response by twitter.

Posted

i´ve roote already, but the OTA to 1.31 doesn´t works.

when the legend boot and install, in the screen are a red simbol and restart without update.

Has anyone the RUU of 1.31 update?

i´ve a RUU file of shipped rom but say incorrect id.

Posted

I'll update this to install 1.31 as part of the root on Monday! :huh:

P

Posted

Thanks again, i hope this update will work.

Posted

Thanks Paul :huh:

Downgrading to 1.23 is not an option: bootloader version mismatch.

So I will wait until monday... is it monday already? LOL ;-)

Posted

I'll update this to install 1.31 as part of the root on Monday! :P

P

Thank you so much, Paul.

You're the man!!! :huh:

Posted

Can anyone give some advice which virtual machine will run the tinycore linux?

I tried the VMware but it doesnt want to detect the ISOLinux i downloaded from the first page.

Im using a mac and have no idea how to burn a bootable ISO..

THANKS..

Posted

I use VMware and it works like it should!

Just mount as cdrom and boot from it.

Can anyone give some advice which virtual machine will run the tinycore linux?

I tried the VMware but it doesnt want to detect the ISOLinux i downloaded from the first page.

Im using a mac and have no idea how to burn a bootable ISO..

THANKS..

Posted

Finally i´ve update to version 1.31 with an ruu from shipped-roms.com

have i loose the root?

can i update the 1.31 with root permission?

Posted

hi all,

im seeking help..

as im currently using the netbook (without cdrom) thus i cant burn the iso file to cd and boot it...

but i saw there written " or boot it with ur virtual machine" what is that means?

anybody can assist? pls.....

i just made my gold card..

thx...

Posted

I'll update this to install 1.31 as part of the root on Monday! :huh:

P

Almost Monday, counting down -:P

Thanks P !

Posted

hi all,

im seeking help..

as im currently using the netbook (without cdrom) thus i cant burn the iso file to cd and boot it...

but i saw there written " or boot it with ur virtual machine" what is that means?

anybody can assist? pls.....

i just made my gold card..

thx...

look like you are chinese....

如果你的计算机没有光驱,你可以在百度中搜索虚拟机,一

Posted

look like you are chinese....

如果你的计算机没有光驱,你可以在百度中搜索虚拟机,一

Posted

once i click on recovery, (just before step 2), my device shows an exclamation mark with a triangle and i have to remove the battery to reboot, i suppose that isn't normal, but is this related to the issues of this procedure or is caused by anything else? (by the way trying to launch the step 2 i get the error "device not found" like all the others)

Hi,

you had to start the step2.sh while you see the triangle on your phone. This script starts the recovery menu on your phone, so that you can wipe and flash your device.

Posted

Hi,

you had to start the step2.sh while you see the triangle on your phone. This script starts the recovery menu on your phone, so that you can wipe and flash your device.

Thanks for your answer, by the way, once I try to start the second step, terminal says "device not found" like all the others, and i can't select anything. Should i see any another screens in the meanwhile?

Sorry for my noobish questions but it's my first android device :P so i need to make a little traning (no problem at all (at least) while creating the goldcard :huh: )

Posted

Paul, please forgot that guy. I got so f' ppl like him. They just want to make you angry and make you to stop cracking the machine.

Posted

mayb he is HTC programmer...

got scolded just bcoz u successfully cracked the phone..

hahahh...

if there is no ppl cracked it, we will not enjoy the current advancement of technology.. :huh:

just ignore him.. hahah