Problem with OCTANS Downloader 2.14 on Win7

Guest raheeg

Guest raheeg

I am trying to flash new ROM on my Omnia 2 and I am getting following error in OCTANS Downloader 2.14 on my Win 7

"Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service..."

I had flashed my ROM some days back and that time I didnt get this error. This is the 2nd time I am flashing the rom. I have tried reinstalling XP drivers, reinstalling CDMA model too.

pl help.

Guest wymonsoon

I think problem may lies in the drivers you installed. It should be Win Vista drivers not XP drivers.

I am trying to flash new ROM on my Omnia 2 and I am getting following error in OCTANS Downloader 2.14 on my Win 7

I had flashed my ROM some days back and that time I didnt get this error. This is the 2nd time I am flashing the rom. I have tried reinstalling XP drivers, reinstalling CDMA model too.

pl help.

Guest farookh

pl help.

Run Octans in Compatibility Mode

Windows XP service pack 3

Guest raheeg
Run Octans in Compatibility Mode

Windows XP service pack 3

Tried that. Doesnt work still. I get following in OCTANS

[CSC] ----------------- Information of Multi CSC Image ------------------

[CSC] File Name:[i8000LCGUIH2_I5.csc]

[CSC] FileSize:[0x1ede87]

[CSC] TotalBlockCnt:[0x10]

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

And nothing happens after that. The device is still not detected. :huh:

Guest MenosOcho

pl help.

follow this link, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

i flashed my i8000L unde Win 7 x64 with problems

it's very important, when you PC start, to "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and install the proper driver for win7, to make sure, after install the driver, reboot, select again "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and flash your phone.

Guest kdkinc

it's very important, when you PC start, to "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and install the proper driver for win7, to make sure, after install the driver, reboot, select again "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and flash your phone.

+1

f8 at start of pc reboot

Guest raheeg
+1

f8 at start of pc reboot

I was able to solve this problem. I reinstalled the driver while keeping OCTANS on and then switched off phone and then clicked on Detect in OCTANS and it worked. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Albertri

yep this works for me.. I've lost my previous USB driver after I re-install my win7 :P

• 2 months later...
Guest him406

I have followed all the steps

but i am not able to move ahead

in octate i am stuck at this

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&38cb1846&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

and nothing moving ahead. I am using it windows xp3 compatibility and all the steps are done as per requirement.

Thanks

Guest kimitza

you must run octans with administrator rights.

The phone must be turned off and unpluged.

After you made all the settings in octans, pres detect, plug your phone and turn it on.

it worked for me everytime. :)..good luck

Guest Terry666
I have followed all the steps

but i am not able to move ahead

in octate i am stuck at this

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&38cb1846&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

and nothing moving ahead. I am using it windows xp3 compatibility and all the steps are done as per requirement.

Thanks

Did you RE-INSTALLED the drivers MANUALLY and NOT automatically through "I Have a Disk"?

Guest him406
Did you RE-INSTALLED the drivers MANUALLY and NOT automatically through "I Have a Disk"?

FInally i got it :) i had made this mistake of not selecting " I have a disk" and therefore was installing the old driver again and again :D made a mess out of it but finally it worked.. thanks all.

• 6 years later...
Guest mohsen.sniper

same problem

[Setup] Windows 7
[Setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)
Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...

any idea???