N1 on Desire ROM, FriendStream Broken

Guest Diddlydoodily

Guest Diddlydoodily

Hey there, I'm new here, as you can see by my postcount and had a quick question regarding the Desire ROM on my Nexus One, and Friend Stream.

(Software: MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port R21)

So, my issue is this. FriendStream will happily update Facebook for HTC Sense for me without an issue. It's never had a problem. But one of the biggest pulls for FriendStream is the ability to update both one's Facebook and Twitter at the same time, and herein lies the issue. FS will update Facebook, but not Twitter. When I check my settings in the application it reports that I am signed in to all three Accounts just fine (Facebook for HTC Sense, Flickr, and Twitter) but when I pull back and type an update, it only posts to Facebook.

In the update panel, when tapping the Cogs in the lower-left corner of the input panel, a dialog appears, but it only allows me to turn on and off Updating Facebook. There are no other options in the dialog box. It just says "Facebook for HTC Sense" and then a checked checkbox. There are no options to turn on Flickr or Twitter updating.

Please help me out here. Am I doing something really stupid here, or is FriendStream simply not a working application in this ROM? I can see Updates, Photos, and Links from all three accounts, but sending an outbound update doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks so much for your input, even if it's to say "It aint workin' cause it's broke" So I can feel like a bit less of an idiot.

Guest PeRKoniX

I have this same issue since a while. I can't say wether it's from r21 or it is caused by some other conflict... I'll try re-adding the twitter account like suggested. I'll let you know whether or not this fixed it :huh:

Been thinking lately to jump back to r19, because of this and similar issues. Hoping I can live with being unable to send SMSes longer than 160 characters...

oh well I'm going for it!

Guest Diddlydoodily

Would there be any way to port the pertinent files over onto the R21 Build? Or is it simply cooked the way it's cooked? I know it isn't a huge deal for most folks, but it's just a minor inconvenience.