27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Whiler92
Signed up for Adfree so I could access the online kitchen, as I really liked the option to remove sense "When removed, it is replaced by the standard Launcher". This is what I wanted.

So I went through and chose the options I wanted, including removing sense, and then find I have NO launcher at all, when the description said it would give me the standard launcher. Have I missed something obvious, or does the remove sense option not actually replace it with the standard android launcher?

It currently doesn't work... You can add another launcher.. but Rosie errors even raise...

Guest w0mbat
You removed one too many things when you baked your rom. I had exactly the same problem. I think it was friends stream or something like that. Others had the same issue. You will have to reflash I think.

I didn't bake a ROM, just used the standard one with A2SD+ rom the first page which I imagined Paul created :)

Anyone using the pre-baked ROMS from Paul without seeing the constant SYNC issue?

I'm working on a computer without admin access. I found out that I need to type a password when using Paul's recovery, but on this recovery, I can go into recovery straight away. But I partitioned the SD card and wiped everything, then installed a MCR3.1, but got a bootloop. Is this because I don't have admin access on this computer?

Guest fabsn

Now there are quiet a few apps missing in the market. After reflashing with a2sd+, I cannot find stuff like the Google Gesture Search :)

Guest h00pyfr00d

I unchecked some stock apps, but they still get installed? For example, news, flickr, footprints, fm radio, stocks. Then I wonder if also the A2SD+ isn't applied? Still says that I only have 103MB left...

Edited by h00pyfr00d

I unchecked some stock apps, but they still get installed? For example, news, flickr, footprints, fm radio, stocks. Then I wonder if also the A2SD+ isn't applied? Still says that I only have 103MB left...

I flashed a MCR3.1 from the kitchen, and after flashing, got into the OS, but can't use my Wifi. Each time I want to connect, it says:

Unable to start Wifi.

Then I installed the custom kernel from:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...for-htc-desire/

But after flashing the kernel, I rebooted and got stuck at the HTC-logo (before the quietly brilliant slogan). I waited aprox. 10 minutes, but no reaction... How could I fix this?

Guest Salem Bahamdain

hi ,

if remove Sense / Rosie , well not be replaced by default launcher .

and get 2 FC from htc apps !!!

thanks

Guest martinlong1978

I get control characters in adb shell... like something is trying to color them:

←[1;34mcache←[0m

←[1;34mconfig←[0m

←[1;36md←[0m -> ←[1;34m/s

←[1;34mdata←[0m

←[0;0mdefault.prop←[0m

←[1;34mdev←[0m

←[1;36metc←[0m -> ←[1;34m

←[1;32minit←[0m

←[1;32minit.bravo.rc←[0m

I think this is preventing file explorer in the dev kit from working

Guest EmDzej

Flashed MCR 3.1 yesterday. It's great! Runs smooth as a charm.

Had some problems when unchecked htc sync (usb settings crashed, and could not turn usb storage mode on), but after flashed with these options set - no problems

At last can buy something on the market with marketenabler!!! What a weird policy not to allow some people spend their money!

Guest EmDzej
I didn't bake a ROM, just used the standard one with A2SD+ rom the first page which I imagined Paul created :)

Anyone using the pre-baked ROMS from Paul without seeing the constant SYNC issue?

I had problems with usb options after removing htc sync in the kitchen. Don't know if prebaked roms contain it or not? Maybe this is the problem? Try to bake something :)

Guest kamidadevil

I read it on some thread that paul is working on froyo for desire , but still I cant see any progress, I know that there are couple of ppl @ xda who r working on froyo, but all those roms have some major issues like, camcorder, echo etc, also they dont have sense. any update. I guess Paul is too busy playing with the streak :)

P.S and please dont start bashing me as some ppl here tend to be very short tempered.

Guest dimitris_gr

im just install this rom..

a2sd working?

i use a SDCARD from my hero (i have create the ext partition on hero...) this will work wit this rom, or i have to make a new one? I have wipe ext-partition before install this rom...

How can i see if its working?

thanks

Edited by dimitris_gr

Guest Silvarbullit

hey everyone,

I'm trying to add a customisation zip to my bake but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have browsed to the zip at the second last step but when I hit bake and download the ROM - baked ROM doesn't seem to have picked up any of my changes from the zip file. Some of the deselections I made in the kitchen don't seem to take effect either.. amazon apk keeps appearing in my baked ROM when I turn it off... wtf!

.zip file has the following contents:

system\build.prop

system\customize\CID\default.xml

system\customize\MNS\default.xml

system\usr\keylayout\bravo-keypad.kl

As far as I'm aware this is should be right? Have I missed a secret upload button or something before you click on the microwave? Does the zip need to have a specific name?

Have tried this several times now and tried using Firefox and IE but doesn't make any difference.

Edited by Silvarbullit

Guest KingDan

I just noticed that after baking my file and installing it that there is no quickoffice application.

What about the Amazon MP3 addin?

Guest KingDan

yeah I think I am having a problem with that too, but I unchecked stocks as I don't check them.

But there is no quickoffice.

Not sure what else is missing so I checked and unchecked the items and baked again.

I'd see what happens after installing.

Guest Valmar
I just noticed that after baking my file and installing it that there is no quickoffice application.

What about the Amazon MP3 addin?

You have to move these two apps from /data/app to /system/app. Read how to do it in this thread a few pages back.

Furthermore, to use Amazon MP3 your phone must be set to one of the supported locales. You can install MoreLocale2 from the Market to enable locales you don't have natively on your phone

Valmar

Guest Kevex

Hello all,

I used the fix permissions feature of Rom Manager, and now my messaging app will not show contact pictures (neither Handcent, nor the stock). Any ideas how to fix that? I'm running a baked r3.0 Modaco, with Richardtrip's OVUC v14

Thanks

Guest FloHimself
Hello all,

I used the fix permissions feature of Rom Manager, and now my messaging app will not show contact pictures (neither Handcent, nor the stock). Any ideas how to fix that? I'm running a baked r3.0 Modaco, with Richardtrip's OVUC v14

Thanks

su

chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*

Edited by FloHimself

Guest squrl

Thanks, that did solve the issue :)

OT: god, what have you done?! you just invited the devil into your phone! :)

Edited by squrl