It's Incredible

Guest nmayer79

Guest nmayer79

Well I wanna hear from anyone one that already has the incredible. Strengths, weaknesses(if any), thoughts comments. Was all set to go omnia 2 or imagio but scoped out the incredible at big v the other day and it might be enough to make the major platform shift for me worth while. Gonna need some encouragement though folks... sheesh, lol.....

Where you at necosino, didnt i see that you made the switch? Deff wanna hear from some of my beloved omnia's former chefs.... :P

Edited by nmayer79

Guest whiteblazer00
Well I wanna hear from anyone one that already has the incredible. Strengths, weaknesses(if any), thoughts comments. Was all set to go omnia 2 or imagio but scoped out the incredible at big v the other day and it might be enough to make the major platform shift for me worth while. Gonna need some encouragement though folks... sheesh, lol.....

Where you at necosino, didnt i see that you made the switch? Deff wanna hear from some of my beloved omnia's former chefs.... :P

Can't wait for July so i can upgrade to this!! can't wait to get all the feedback first! then i'll kno what to expect

Guest nmayer79
Can't wait for July so i can upgrade to this!! can't wait to get all the feedback first! then i'll kno what to expect

I know right! would love to see some feedback on it. Give it a couple days and hopefully there will be some people posting here.

Guest 03civicsi

I came from and omnia I910

I liked my phone but it jsut didn't have any wow factors to it...it did its job well and took great pictures for me but thats about it... I even flashed it with every kind of custom rom I could find...

the Incredible is the first phone that I have ever preordered... only cause I saw the G4 review of it on attack of the show... its in Itunes under G4>attack of the show podcast if you care to watch it... I saw no bad reviews of the phone so I took the jump...

Lets just say I'm not disappointed... I didn't like the moto droid cause the stupid trackpad on the keyboard on a touchscreen just made no sense... this has the thin profile I like with all the screen space I expect... its the only phone that can compare to the iphone but doesn't look like a bunch of squares placed all over the screen

Great features:

-Multi touch that doesn't suck

-HTC sense - brings all your social networking to your homepages

-android market has just about anything you could ever want... usually free or 2 bucks

-camera is good but the flash is way too powerful and washes out close pics...

-NO TRACKBALL--- no more dirty track ball problems cause its optical on the incred

-8gig on the phone... only thing is you need a card to use some programs cause most phones dont have internal memory so they aren't programmed for it

only bad part about having a top of the line phone is the battery life... I got the upgraded seido battery and it allows me to last the whole day...

This phone will do anything you can imagine... it even stores all your membership barcodes and you can use it instead of carrying around all those cards... best useful app

Guest msmith0957

So I am almost completely set on getting the Incredible. It was basically between it and the Motorola Droid, and from what I've found, people going from Droid to Incredible still agree, the Incredible is faster and sleeker in every way. Only question.. I'm also a i910 user.. or was until someone stole my phone from me at my school's gym just a few days ago. Texting on the i910 was never fun. It became such a hastle that I've tried all the keyboards, htc, swype, etc, and just never had the speed I had when I had a physical keyboard on the original enV. I plan on checking my local vzw store to 'test drive' the incredible today. Incredible users: how's the texting? This is probably 90% of my decision.. considering the Droid has just about everything Incredible has minus 8mp camera and slower cpu/gpu.

Guest nmayer79
So I am almost completely set on getting the Incredible. It was basically between it and the Motorola Droid, and from what I've found, people going from Droid to Incredible still agree, the Incredible is faster and sleeker in every way. Only question.. I'm also a i910 user.. or was until someone stole my phone from me at my school's gym just a few days ago. Texting on the i910 was never fun. It became such a hastle that I've tried all the keyboards, htc, swype, etc, and just never had the speed I had when I had a physical keyboard on the original enV. I plan on checking my local vzw store to 'test drive' the incredible today. Incredible users: how's the texting? This is probably 90% of my decision.. considering the Droid has just about everything Incredible has minus 8mp camera and slower cpu/gpu.

well i haven't switched, (yet) but i spent about an hour in store primarily texting, (also a big deal for me) and i was totally impressed. Was blown away by prety much everything about that phone.

Guest binny1070

I can say that this is the best phone i have ever had, the only major downfall is the battery life. I have yet to read a bad review. I am in love with this phone, and im a phone junkie. If i could have babys with it i would and they would be little incredible babys.

Guest nmayer79
I can say that this is the best phone i have ever had, the only major downfall is the battery life. I have yet to read a bad review. I am in love with this phone, and im a phone junkie. If i could have babys with it i would and they would be little incredible babys.

:P :D :P :P :D

Guest krelvinaz

My battery life has been more than livable with the stock battery. Up to 15h is not an issue since I have access to charge at many places during the day.

I bought a couple retractable USB to MicroUSB cables (~$8USD ea) and have one in my netbook case, at work, at home etc... Just plug in when I get a chance.

I just got the Seidio Extended battery yesterday, but it is not yet conditioned with the phone yet. will need to do some full cycles until the phone sees the extra capacity. Expect to get 24 hours or more after then.

Coming from an Omnia i910, this phone ROCKS. Text/Email, Internet, GPS and all bunch of apps at free or considerably less than a WM6 app would cost...

I would not hesitate and make the switch today.

Guest geekboy2005
Coming from an Omnia i910, this phone ROCKS. Text/Email, Internet, GPS and all bunch of apps at free or considerably less than a WM6 app would cost...

Same here The omnia was nice but this phone is "incredible" :P :D :P :P :D :D

and I can still Play with the omnia what an added bonus

Guest DanDroidOS

This phone is by far the best Android device out in the US! If you want to save battery use "Advanced Task Manager" found in the Market, and kill all the apps/processes that you are not using:)

Guest necosino

I, too, came from the Omnia i910.. I can also say that I have already tailored a small tux, and the Incredible will be my best man at my wedding (one day)..

If you're thinking about it; stop thinking and GET IT before.. um.. well, I guess take your time if you need to, because it will still be incredible!!!

Guest x.v_

I also came from the i910! Ha!

This phone blows the Omnia out of the water. Android is, as excepted, wonderful. It does have a few quirks here and there though. :D

The only complaint of mine would be the battery life.

/offtopic

Glad to see we got a forum finally though. :P

Guest nmayer79
My battery life has been more than livable with the stock battery. Up to 15h is not an issue since I have access to charge at many places during the day.

I bought a couple retractable USB to MicroUSB cables (~$8USD ea) and have one in my netbook case, at work, at home etc... Just plug in when I get a chance.

I just got the Seidio Extended battery yesterday, but it is not yet conditioned with the phone yet. will need to do some full cycles until the phone sees the extra capacity. Expect to get 24 hours or more after then.

what did the bigger battery cost you extra??

Guest ATSsupport

I just made the switch and the Incredible is an impressive device. Everything about the phone seems to be an improvement over my Omnia. At the time I bought my Omnia I felt the same way as I do now it was a huge step forward in technology. It seems as if the Incredible simply does everything I struggle to get my Omnia to do through building custom ROMs to the apps that were installed. I look forward to building this community and finding out really what the limits of the Incredible are.

Guest 03civicsi
what did the bigger battery cost you extra??

I got mine off amazon for 45 bucks... its listed under droid eris battery... but I have heard good things about the stock Touch pro 2 battery also... its only 15 dollars on ebay... and its rated at 1500 which is 200 more than our stock one... and they both fit fine

Guest msmith0957

so, i made the move, got the incredible, and i couldn't be happier. It's amazing how everything just seems so well integrated with the UI. And the app market is awesome, you can find anything you could ever need (and dont need) on there. THIS is why I always wanted a smart phone.. the omnia just never came close lol. Android is definitely the way to go. I can't wait to start developing :P

For those that are wondering, battery life, too soon to speak, but with all the gmail/fbook/sms compulsions I've acquired, I doubt it'll last me more than a day and a half. Only thing I need now is one of those sleep high gloss silicone covers and a screen protector!

Guest yojoe600

i too came from the omnia and i love the texting on my incredible anyday.. i never have to backspace bc of auto correct... i dont get good battery life but i can live with charging a powerful phone

Guest sojrner

I also came from the i910... had it for 1.5 years running any rom I found. Last rom was waremike's DC22 and I must say that the devs pumping out roms were the only thing keeping me happy on the omnia. (that and there just was not anything compelling me off of it yet)

The incredible however addressed every complaint I had about the omnia right out of the gate. As of yet I have found no shorcoming. (had it for a week now) Internet compared to the omnia is perceptibly faster... how did I survive in the laggy WM world for so long? :) Even batt life is not horrible compared to the omnia. I've made it as long as 34 hours on one charge before the warning comes up where I made about 50 on the omnia. Like my omnia though, I just plug it in at night or first thing at the office so I'm usually around 24 hours or so rather than hit the warning.

I run exchange and frequent internet for work so it drains on both. The trade off for the lesser batt life? A much better phone, in every way.

The one compaint (if you can call it that) is the glass screen holds finger-smears well... I put a skinomi protector on it and solved that. (in addition to protecting from scratches n stuff) The skinomi is super clear and fingerprints are not as prevalent.

regardless... the phone is a keeper.

Guest Charles Mims

I came from the Omnia to the Incredible. I'm a heavy texter and it's a breeze. The first thing I did was replace the stock keyboard (which is hands down better than the Omnia) with Swype. The stock message app is pretty bland, but there are two top notch (free!!!) replacements...Handcent, and Chomp SMS...that are customizable out the wazoo. If you prefer a physical keyboard it may take getting used to, but I had the EnV at one time and almost went to the Droid because of the keyboard but I really don't miss it.

I liked my Omnia, but honestly this phone does everything I wanted the Omnia to do and it does it straight out of the box.

Guest desreil

Since we all know most of the positives on the DI (Droid Incredible), i'll be the first to mention some of the negatives. Most of these could be blamed on the limitations imposed by the network. But anyways...

-Call Clarity: I used to be with tmo and though the signal would fade away the moment i stepped into most buildings, the call clarity with the G1, Mytouch 3g, and N1 were outstanding. But for some reason, the call clarity on the DI is inconsistent. Some calls are perfect, while others are not worth wasting minutes on.

-Apps: Its hard to blame the device for this one, but its kind of annoying. First, the internal memory (8gb) is troublesome. Some apps dont respond to it like other users have mentioned and it would just make things easier if the just preloaded it with a 16gb sd card (HD2 has it! why not the Incredible?). Another annoying thing is that some of the preloaded apps, Amazon mp3, are in just about all the other android phones...but not in this phone. Wasnt downloading music straight to your phone a great thing? Maybe not for some but how the heck am i supposed to download music?? (essentially i found the apk and installed it) . No Google Earth is a slap in the face too.

-Glitch in photo app: Not sure if everyone has this problem. Its not a big one, but enough to make you frustrated when your trying to show off your 8 mp quality photos. Once you select a photo from your gallery, the photo is displayed to fit the screen. Without moving the image, the picture isn't as clear as it should be, but once u zoom in... give it a sec... it refocuses and then when you zoom back out, you get your clear photo.

-Signal bars: Everyone knows this by now, but the signal bars are not on par with the actual signal. Its not a huge issue, I've had perfect 3g and phone connection with one bar. Its just a display issue.

Well there you go, just some minor things that i ran into. These issues that don't even match up to the amazingness of this phone. Htc sense does an exceptional job with contact integration throughout all networking sites. Great phone.

Guest specialfx63

Okay Guys! Help me out here...just a bit.

I'm a major Omnia I910 user, recovering flashaholic, etc. But as the song says "I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinkin'..."

WELL?? DO I?? DO I MAKE THAT LEAP? IS IT TIME TO TURN TO THE ''DARK SIDE"? IS IT TIME FOR ANDROID AND THE INCREDIBLE? C'MON SOMEBODY JUST GIMME THAT LITTLE PUSH! AAARRRGH!!

Ok, seriously, what's the early opinions here? I'm really startin' to be excited about the capabilities of this new DROID.

My contract with Big Red isn't quite up yet, got a few months to go, but...crikey! I may not wait. ;) :D :( :)

Guest luikiedook
Okay Guys! Help me out here...just a bit.

I'm a major Omnia I910 user, recovering flashaholic, etc. But as the song says "I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinkin'..."

WELL?? DO I?? DO I MAKE THAT LEAP? IS IT TIME TO TURN TO THE ''DARK SIDE"? IS IT TIME FOR ANDROID AND THE INCREDIBLE? C'MON SOMEBODY JUST GIMME THAT LITTLE PUSH! AAARRRGH!!

Ok, seriously, what's the early opinions here? I'm really startin' to be excited about the capabilities of this new DROID.

My contract with Big Red isn't quite up yet, got a few months to go, but...crikey! I may not wait. ;) :D :( :)

like a lot of poeple in this forum, I came from the omnia i910, which I had flashed over and over. I thought I liked it. then I got an incredible and now I think my omnia sucks in comparison.

I'm hoping someone will make a torch app for it asap, I really liked that about the omnia. I also bought the 1750 sedio battery.

Guest specialfx63
like a lot of poeple in this forum, I came from the omnia i910, which I had flashed over and over. I thought I liked it. then I got an incredible and now I think my omnia sucks in comparison.

I'm hoping someone will make a torch app for it asap, I really liked that about the omnia. I also bought the 1750 sedio battery.

Yea, I know what you're sayin'. LOL :) I'm going to flash my 910 ONE MORE TIME...this time to pass it along to my son. It 'll be his 1st PPC Phone, so it should be a good way to get him addicted too! (my wife's gonna love that one)

I've seen several posts around where people are recommending the higher output Seidio batteries. Looks like it'll be a good idea for about 40 bucks.

Thanks for the reply!

Guest herionhero
I came from and omnia I910

I liked my phone but it jsut didn't have any wow factors to it...it did its job well and took great pictures for me but thats about it... I even flashed it with every kind of custom rom I could find...

the Incredible is the first phone that I have ever preordered... only cause I saw the G4 review of it on attack of the show... its in Itunes under G4>attack of the show podcast if you care to watch it... I saw no bad reviews of the phone so I took the jump...

Lets just say I'm not disappointed... I didn't like the moto droid cause the stupid trackpad on the keyboard on a touchscreen just made no sense... this has the thin profile I like with all the screen space I expect... its the only phone that can compare to the iphone but doesn't look like a bunch of squares placed all over the screen

Great features:

-Multi touch that doesn't suck

-HTC sense - brings all your social networking to your homepages

-android market has just about anything you could ever want... usually free or 2 bucks

-camera is good but the flash is way too powerful and washes out close pics...

-NO TRACKBALL--- no more dirty track ball problems cause its optical on the incred

-8gig on the phone... only thing is you need a card to use some programs cause most phones dont have internal memory so they aren't programmed for it

only bad part about having a top of the line phone is the battery life... I got the upgraded seido battery and it allows me to last the whole day...

This phone will do anything you can imagine... it even stores all your membership barcodes and you can use it instead of carrying around all those cards... best useful app

Can it do wifi router?