An English 6.5.x lite ROM with Rapid81 and nOObody's Sense2.5

Guest kydkylin

Guest chokia

1. Is bluetooth voice routing works with this ROM. Can anyone confirm the bluetooth fix?

2. Is the Internet Tab of sense 2.5 works on creating websire screenshot?

Guest kydkylin
1. Is bluetooth voice routing works with this ROM. Can anyone confirm the bluetooth fix?

2. Is the Internet Tab of sense 2.5 works on creating websire screenshot?

1.I don't have a bluetooth earphone, hope others could hepl you.

2.Creating the webside shortcut is OK.But creating the screenshot or the icon of the shortcut...I can't do it...

Guest dani_carrabba

hi kydkylin, id like to know several things before installing your rom,

1. is sms tab can reply text message??

2. is when we return to homescreen from landscape position ( say after sending email from landscape position then close it to homescreen) the sense got locked/ unexpectedly quit ??? this thing appear on my previous sense 2.5 on omnia 2 although in registry i disabled sense landscape.

thanks

Guest kydkylin
hi kydkylin, id like to know several things before installing your rom,

1. is sms tab can reply text message??

2. is when we return to homescreen from landscape position ( say after sending email from landscape position then close it to homescreen) the sense got locked/ unexpectedly quit ??? this thing appear on my previous sense 2.5 on omnia 2 although in registry i disabled sense landscape.

thanks

1.Yes.I can use the Sense2.5's interface to reply text message.

2.I don't use the mail tab.But I've tested the sms.

Autorotaion is removed in this rom, so you'd better to set a button with the rotaion function.

When I close the the landscape sms view, the screen seems freeze.But after I hold the button2, which I set to "Rotate the screen"with SKTools, the sense2.5 comes back to normal.

Guest sioppao

I'm currently connected to wi-fi but it says that i am not connected to the internet...

this is why i cant test weather, and login to twitter and facebook, prolly wont get even to browse the internet from my fone.

Got everything working now. Just restored connections settings and synchronised through MyPhone to get facebook to work.

good job!

Edited by sioppao

Guest kydkylin
I'm currently connected to wi-fi but it says that i am not connected to the internet...

this is why i cant test weather, and login to twitter and facebook, prolly wont get even to browse the internet from my fone.

I haven't tested the wifi yet.As I didn't do any move about wifi, just suppose there's nothing wrong about it...really strange

Guest sioppao

all seems to be working well now... perfect!!

there is just still some issues with lag especially with the messages tab. i compose messages and then someone calls and it made the phone hang.

i think i'll just remove the messages tab and resort to other sms handler.

Guest yoohoo8

Hi kydkylin

Will you be kind enough to share the kitchen. I intend to cook in some of my own applications.

Thanks.

Guest kydkylin
there is just still some issues with lag especially with the messages tab. i compose messages and then someone calls and it made the phone hang.

I havn't got a call when I'm composing message, so I don't kown whether the phone will hang then. But perhaps the laggy message tab would make it hang as it's always laggy.After the composing, getting the call is OK.I think removing the message tab and add the shorcut of sms to the homepage is a good idear,too.

Hi kydkylin

Will you be kind enough to share the kitchen. I intend to cook in some of my own applications.

Thanks.

Sorry, I just deleted everything except the .nb0 files after I publish the rom.

Everything you need to cook such a rom can all be found in this forum as me:

1.JD3 official rom from quattro formaggi's samsung firmware downloader:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-downloader/

2.Kitchen tool from wes58:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/

3.lite.php from twu2:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...em-package-now/

4.Sense2.5 from Rapid81 and nOObody:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...2-5-rom-nxxjd6/

(Do remember:Cooking their Sense2.5 into ROMs is allowed with one condition:You need to mention their names and the donation's link!)

Hope above info would help you.

Guest yoohoo8

hi kydkylin,

Thanks for the reply...

This is my first attempt to cook my own rom.

I did all the 4 steps using the JD3 official rom and everything went on nicely....except I don't find 'HTC Sense' in the 'Items on Today'.

I guess de-capping the Sense-all-in-one was my problem. Do you mind to elaborate further step 4?

Btw I intend this rom for my personal use only. Nevertheless all due credits go to those heroes who made all this possible including yourself :P .

Guest JezzyJeff

Hey kydkylin,

just wanted to report from Germany. I'm using your ROM now for 2-3 days now, everything works fine. Just a ROM like i've been searching for, just the basics installed, rest is up to us. Very good work, runs even better than the ROM by nOObody and Rapid, but thanks to all of you guys for sharing!!

Greetz, JJ

Guest kydkylin
hi kydkylin,

Thanks for the reply...

This is my first attempt to cook my own rom.

I did all the 4 steps using the JD3 official rom and everything went on nicely....except I don't find 'HTC Sense' in the 'Items on Today'.

I guess de-capping the Sense-all-in-one was my problem. Do you mind to elaborate further step 4?

Btw I intend this rom for my personal use only. Nevertheless all due credits go to those heroes who made all this possible including yourself :P .

well,as the

sense2.5 is not mine, I think the best way for you is asking Rapid81 for further help, just as I did...wish you could understand...cheers

Guest yoohoo8

Hi kydkylin,

I have problem only with JD3 (6.5.3). When I cooked with rom v6.5, eveything is ok.

Since Rapid81 seems uninterested to create one for 6.5.3, at least for the time being and you are the only that I know of who has been successful.....

Anyway.... thank you and I think I will just use yours as it is... Cheers!

Guest dextro_

Got everything working now. Just restored connections settings and synchronised through MyPhone to get facebook to work.

good job!

Once this is based on twu2 JD3 lite rom you have to restore connections on samsung setting... I've used JD3 from twu2 and it worked with it...

And about autorotation twu2 share the cab to enable it on his rom... try here

Guest kydkylin
thanks

all seems to be working well now... perfect!!

thanks for sharing, I follow your command & I like it very much :P

Hey kydkylin,

just wanted to report from Germany. I'm using your ROM now for 2-3 days now, everything works fine. Just a ROM like i've been searching for, just the basics installed, rest is up to us. Very good work, runs even better than the ROM by nOObody and Rapid, but thanks to all of you guys for sharing!!

Greetz, JJ

I'm glad you enjoy my job, which makes my work meaningful. :D

Hi kydkylin,

I have problem only with JD3 (6.5.3). When I cooked with rom v6.5, eveything is ok.

Since Rapid81 seems uninterested to create one for 6.5.3, at least for the time being and you are the only that I know of who has been successful.....

Anyway.... thank you and I think I will just use yours as it is... Cheers!

Thanks for your understanding. :P

Guest RayHK

I have been using this ROM for two days, so far so good. Both WiFi and BT work fine. However, I do have compatibility problem for some of the softwares. Anyway, Thanks for your ROM, kydkylin.

Guest kydkylin
I have been using this ROM for two days, so far so good. Both WiFi and BT work fine. However, I do have compatibility problem for some of the softwares. Anyway, Thanks for your ROM, kydkylin.

I'm happy you enjoy it and thank you for the fast feedback :P

Guest kydkylin
Interesting Rom but I have a problem with Thai CSC. All Thai fonts display in square. Please advise.

Sorry, I haven't tested Thai CSC yet.

But as the ROM is based on Rapid and nOObody's Sense2.5 and Laruku Jr. said it's OK with Thai language at

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/307676/...xxjd6/page/360/

Post #379,Page 19, maybe you can contact him for further help.

Cheers.

Guest skoda60
Interesting Rom but I have a problem with Thai CSC. All Thai fonts display in square. Please advise.

You need a Thai font, please refer to this thread: http://www.pdamobiz.com/show_news.asp?NewsID=98273&PN=1

Long ago I had tried: http://files.pdamobiz.com/ROMs/XDA/Artemis...ed_v2.2.WM5.cab and it worked on my Omnia.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Laruku Jr.
Sorry, I haven't tested Thai CSC yet.

But as the ROM is based on Rapid and nOObody's Sense2.5 and Laruku Jr. said it's OK with Thai language at

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/307676/...xxjd6/page/360/

Post #379,Page 19, maybe you can contact him for further help.

Cheers.

Since JD3 has problem with default Thai CSC encoding (The lastest Thai CSC is CSC_I8000THLJB1), you have to installed "Thai enable for i8000 by PDAMobiz" after you've flashed JD3. You can find the CAB file in i8000 Forum in JD3 topics. :P

Guest skoda60

I know that JD3 XTRA cannot be set from setting > connection > GPS > XTRA. So was default set to enabled by registry editing from this ROM. I don't like it enabled all the time. So I change the registry XTRA > enable, changed to 0 and soft reset. Now I can used to enabled and disabled the XTRA from the setting menu.

Guest kydkylin
You need a Thai font, please refer to this thread: http://www.pdamobiz.com/show_news.asp?NewsID=98273&PN=1

Long ago I had tried: http://files.pdamobiz.com/ROMs/XDA/Artemis...ed_v2.2.WM5.cab and it worked on my Omnia.

Since JD3 has problem with default Thai CSC encoding (The lastest Thai CSC is CSC_I8000THLJB1), you have to installed "Thai enable for i8000 by PDAMobiz" after you've flashed JD3. You can find the CAB file in i8000 Forum in JD3 topics. :P

Thanks for helping me solve the Thai language problem :D

I know that JD3 XTRA cannot be set from setting > connection > GPS > XTRA. So was default set to enabled by registry editing from this ROM. I don't like it enabled all the time. So I change the registry XTRA > enable, changed to 0 and soft reset. Now I can used to enabled and disabled the XTRA from the setting menu.

Actually, I've replaced the JD3's XTRA setting.exe with JD6's in my rom. So you can save the XTRA's setting without any registry tweak. :P