An English 6.5.x lite ROM with Rapid81 and nOObody's Sense2.5

Guest kydkylin

Guest kydkylin
Dear kydkylin,

Since I'm using another SENSE 2.5 ROM but It look not fully support Video call when it using HTC People(Like phone book)

I would like to know this ROM is support VIDEO CALL or not?

If it do, I should flash it for replace my current use.

Thanks

If you use my JD1 version, Video Call is supported with Samsung Dial.

If you use the JE1 version, you should install the Samsung Dial and Samsung Call Log at here to device to support Video Call.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Faisal Rz

sorry to disturb you stupid questions. but I do not understand it.

What a difference an original rom vs rhodium core version core version ...

thanks for your time

Guest kydkylin
sorry to disturb you stupid questions. but I do not understand it.

What a difference an original rom vs rhodium core version core version ...

thanks for your time

There's a thread about it:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...anila-2-5-2012/

Rhodium core version seems run a lot faster and eat a lot less space and resources versus the HD2 version of Manila 2.5.And the HTC message interface has some little change.

Guest jebise
Well, I see.

What's strange is I came across more "white squares" in the new core Sense cab than the previous one.Maybe I'll stick to the previous one which I think is more stable in my rom.

I've update GoogleMaps to 4.1 successfully.For the facebook, as I can't test it and the privious one seems OK, maybe I won't make any change and just add its icon in start menu.

so your saying Rhodium Core is not that stable? vs the original? The main question i have is dose you ROM include any of the changes from rapid81 4.12 ROM and what about other fixes that he has on the second post such as album fix and browser snapshot and the new opengl wrapper?

If you can tell me what the RAM difference is between the 2 sence ROM? The white squares are still my main issues and from my test is the reason why the RAM drops to like 20MB again i know this issue is mainly related to rapid81 and ChainFire

Edited by jebise

Guest kydkylin
so your saying Rhodium Core is not that stable? vs the original? The main question i have is dose you ROM include any of the changes from rapid81 4.12 ROM and what about other fixes that he has on the second post such as album fix and browser snapshot and the new opengl wrapper?

If you can tell me what the RAM difference is between the 2 sence ROM? The white squares are still my main issues and from my test is the reason why the RAM drops to like 20MB again i know this issue is mainly related to rapid81 and ChainFire

I've rebuilt the Rhodium Core rom. It seems as stable as the original one or better now.And it's really faster.

For the RAM use, the Rhodium Core eats less.That's why I decided to post it.

But the HTC message interface has changed in the Rhodium Core, as for me , using A4 input method is much faster in the original one. So I also post the original one.

Contact call is OK in my rom.Album fix and borwser snapshot is not included as everyone can use the cab easilly to do these fixes if they need.Sorry I haven't figured out what the new opengl wrapper is...To tell the truth, I just use the things in Sense2.5 cab, not in the rom, as Rapid's rom is made with All-In-One option elected, which makes it difficult to figure out which file relates to his Sense...

The white squares problem still there, but though I came cross it, my RAM didn't drop sharply.That's really strange.

I recommand you try the Rhodium Core rom and test it by yourself.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest jebise

I will try it out this weekend, hate reflashing :) As for the white squares and RAM issue i only see the RAM drop after a full day of usage after they appear and i move around different tabs they fix themselves and they appear again each time take with it a few MB of RAM. I just wanted to make sure is the fixes where applied or not so i don't apply them again if they have.

BTW what is the pagepool in JE1? you may want to experiment with pp and see if it helps the white squares issue?

Guest kydkylin
I will try it out this weekend, hate reflashing :) As for the white squares and RAM issue i only see the RAM drop after a full day of usage after they appear and i move around different tabs they fix themselves and they appear again each time take with it a few MB of RAM. I just wanted to make sure is the fixes where applied or not so i don't apply them again if they have.

BTW what is the pagepool in JE1? you may want to experiment with pp and see if it helps the white squares issue?

Still 8 pp.As wes58's new tool released, everyone can change it easily now.Maybe you can change my rom's pp to 16 or more then flash to see what will happen.

Guest Rapid81

The white squares are a bug in the 6.5.X ROM's gles.dll. No fix for that. I tried to change with the JD6's, but the phone frooze immediately when Sense starts. Need to wait for the Samsung or the MS to fix this. That's why I'm not bothering with 6.5.X.

Guest hsuchitmp
The white squares are a bug in the 6.5.X ROM's gles.dll. No fix for that. I tried to change with the JD6's, but the phone frooze immediately when Sense starts. Need to wait for the Samsung or the MS to fix this. That's why I'm not bothering with 6.5.X.

hi rapid i've been a REALLY BIG fan of your sense 2.5 specially your latest release 4.12 very stable and fast. but i wanted a 6.5.x so i tried kydkylin's rom. and i can say its as fast as 6.5 but the handling of the memory is better. with my regular use i usually get less 40mb or memory after half a day of heavy use. but with kydkylin rom its almost 24hrs with surfing picture viewing tweaking installing and uninstalling programs and i still have 43.5mb. i dont know anything about how 6.5 and 6.5.3 works or handles program but this is just based on my experience. ;) only one problem i encountered with kydkylin rom when i used cookies home tab with htc lock screen sometimes i cant unlock the phone and have to SR. so for now im using default windows lock screen. my build is:

pda : i8000nxxjd3

csc : i8000eurjd4

phone : i8000xxjd1 thanks kydkylin for sharing your rom. :)

rapid still waiting for your 6.5.x rom :D

Guest hsuchitmp
has someone tried the Rhodium Core version?

is it faster? more RAM?

i have tried rhodium core. i think its much faster. but thesame bugs as the separate installer of sense 2.5

Guest kydkylin
my build is:

pda : i8000nxxjd3

csc : i8000eurjd4

phone : i8000xxjd1 thanks kydkylin for sharing your rom. :)

You're welcome and there's a new JE1 Rhodium Core version in my first post.You could try it if you like to.

has someone tried the Rhodium Core version?

is it faster? more RAM?

i have tried rhodium core. i think its much faster. but thesame bugs as the separate installer of sense 2.5

Yes, the rhodium core is faster and eats less RAM. And I almost do nothing about the Sense2.5, just update the GoogleMaps version and add facebook's icon, it may have the same bugs as the separate installer.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest hsuchitmp

wow kydkylin i just flashed my phone yesterday with your rom now there a je1 rhodium already!!! downloading it now thank you!!

Guest hsuchitmp

i have a question why doest it try to access gprs everytime i sr my phone (before loading htc)? i have disabled autoupdate in the weather.

Guest speedfrog

some screen shots from the Rhodium Core version JE1.

the only program i have installed is mymobiler

post-608080-1273801455_thumb.jpg

post-608080-1273801459_thumb.jpg

post-608080-1273801462_thumb.jpg

post-608080-1273801465_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedfrog

Guest kydkylin
i have a question why doest it try to access gprs everytime i sr my phone (before loading htc)? i have disabled autoupdate in the weather.

Actually, I don't know, either. :)

You could try to disable the XTRA to check it out.

Guest hsuchitmp

the only program i have installed is mymobile

look at those numbers it gets bigger and bigger :)

Guest kydkylin

the only program i have installed is mymobile

Thx~I'll add them to the first post~ :)

Guest hsuchitmp
Actually, I don't know, either. ;)

You could try to disable the XTRA to check it out.

also tried that. but still accessing gprs. but a minor problem. with that big ram i seldom sr my phone now :)

Guest ular_king

That is probably the GPS XTRA settings......

Guest kydkylin
look at those numbers it gets bigger and bigger ;)

That's mainly attributed to twu2's great work!

More program(MS's IME, Samsung Dial and Call Log) could be removed with his latest PHP tool.

And Rapid81 and nOObody really did a great job to change the core to Rhdium, which makes it faster and eats less RAM.

So great thanks to them :)

Guest speedfrog

strange... i used SPB backup to get all my programs and tweaks back(i was using Twu2`s JE1 lite rom before, so i should not be a problem with system data) then i cant choose Htc sense in the items on today, its not there.

post-608080-1273802097_thumb.jpg

post-608080-1273802099_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedfrog